Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
50,000 Membership Rewards® points
after you spend $5,000 in qualifying purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...rdfromopen-lm#

TARGETED (must login):
75,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $5,000 on qualifying purchases:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/b...104-1-CAPOBGRC
clicking on this link brings up page: "At this time this offer is no longer available." (8/25/17)
Print Wikipost

Amex Business Gold Rewards 75k and 50k links

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2015, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by mia
ms mia was targeted for the 75k/$5k version. Spent $5k on 4.15.2015 (IRS), statement generated on 4.17.2015 , bonus points posted on 4.20.2015 .
Nice. My timeline was similar to yours, including the exact same statement date, but I haven't gotten my bonus points or my regular points. I assume mine will show up on my next statement.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 8:43 am

Data point: A family member received a targeted offer for 75k/$2k spend (!). They weren't interested (hard to believe, I know) so I recently applied for the card using their RSVP code, got the "Call Us" message and when I called in they simply wanted to verify my identity.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by etnograf
Data point: A family member received a targeted offer for 75k/$2k spend (!). They weren't interested (hard to believe, I know) so I recently applied for the card using their RSVP code, got the "Call Us" message and when I called in they simply wanted to verify my identity.
To confirm that you were not the one targeted?
Please update how this plays out - the consensus here is that those are nontransferrable.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
To confirm that you were not the one targeted?
Please update how this plays out - the consensus here is that those are nontransferrable.
I will keep folks updated once I meet minimum spend. I confirmed the bonus with the customer service representative when he approved the card, however. He didn't mention anything about the offer being for someone else and seemed to treat the call as a routine identity check.

I do see the earlier post in this thread where someone suggested that they couldn't use their spouse's RSVP code to apply, but I don't recall seeing any confirmed denials of a bonus for this reason and there are some other threads that suggest people have successfully used RSVP codes targeted to someone else.

Last edited by etnograf; Apr 26, 2015 at 5:06 pm
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:57 pm

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
Link worked

Wasn't targeted for the 75/5 or 75/2 but the links in the thread worked for a 75/10. Not as good as the others but still great. I used PRIVATE mode in Safari. Thanks team-
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Question folks: I have had to place a fraud alert on my credit via credit bureau b/c I was a victim of tax fraud (someone filed under my SSN prior to my filing...BIG mess). What will happen if I now apply for a cc? I assume they will want to verify my identify via phone or otherwise, but will it be a big PITA? Or will it get automatically rejected and therefore I've used up a hard pull?

I ask b/c if I see that 75k offer, I so want to pull the trigger.
I have a fraud alerts always on just for security. I got approved for the card today but had to call in and answer some questions. It was quite painless. Hope it works for you!
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:28 am

im getting errors with the links from OP
Old Apr 30, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by jtluongo
im getting errors with the links from OP
Means you can't get the promo. You can try calling like I did but when my spouse did it, 3 failed attempts.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 8:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by batmandds
I have a fraud alerts always on just for security. I got approved for the card today but had to call in and answer some questions. It was quite painless. Hope it works for you!
Do you mind saying what they asked? Was it just an identity verification or did they want to know about your business and expenses and income, etc?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 8:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
Standard stuff. Identity info, was it me that applied and then it was done within a minute or two.
Ah. Cool. Thanks. Glad it's not like the interrogation from Chase. I always feel dirty after those calls. For no reason, really.
Old May 1, 2015, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Do you mind saying what they asked? Was it just an identity verification or did they want to know about your business and expenses and income, etc?
Amex just asked my pet's name and then called an alternate number that I had listed on the fraud alert.
Old May 1, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
just a data point...applied for the 75k/$10k link after not having the business gold for over a year. spent 10K on amex gift cards and bonus points posted a few days later.
Old May 2, 2015, 7:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by MaineFlyer16
just a data point...applied for the 75k/$10k link after not having the business gold for over a year. spent 10K on amex gift cards and bonus points posted a few days later.
Helpful datapoint - I just got it for the first time now. Reminder to myself to get it again summer of 2016.
Old May 6, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Which link did you use or were you targeted? I can't get any in the thread to work.
Old May 6, 2015, 10:06 am

bonus points posted a few days later.
Posted or pending? I thought it does not post until statement close.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.