Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Blue Cash Whole Foods Market bonus 10.22.2014 - 2.15.2015

Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:13 am
Original Poster

I did not see another thread about this, and do not know if it is only targeted, but I got an email this morning offering an extra 2% back at Whole Foods.

Excerpt from the email:

The holiday season is a wonderful time to enjoy family, friends and, of course, good food. That's why American Express and Whole Foods Market teamed up. Now through February 15, 2015, enjoy an extra 2% cash back when you shop at Whole Foods Market using your Blue Cash Card.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: United
got the same email, disregarded, still have a lot of whole foods gift card to burn.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:26 am

Just like the visa merchant code locator, is there any way to see which merchants are coded as Whole Foods by Amex?

I wonder if any of the grocery stores like Albertstons, Vons, Ralphs, Stater bros etc are coded as Whole Foods by Amex.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 11:15 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by cowboyguy
...Albertstons, Vons, Ralphs, Stater bros etc are coded as Whole Foods by Amex.
No. Whole Foods Market is the name of a supermarket chain. Click here:

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/list
Old Oct 22, 2014, 2:02 pm

I'll confirm this just saw a printed table-topper at the bistro tables when I ran in for a juice..
Old Oct 24, 2014, 1:23 pm

If only if Whole Foods Market
1. carry prepaid visa/master GC
2. let you buy them with AXP
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:07 pm

additional 2% cash back when shopping at Whole Foods til mid-February

I'm new to all this. Learning a TON from these forums; they're great.

So I signed up for a new credit card, the Amex Blue Cash Preferred, because my family easily spends plenty on groceries and 6% cash back on all that sounded great. Well, I got my card today and logged in online to learn you can get an additional 2% cash back when shopping at Whole Foods til mid-February! We do a lot of grocery shopping at Whole Foods. That's 8% cash back on groceries! Woo hoo!
Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:51 am

I'm pretty sure this promotion has been ongoing for at least 4 months already. Might want to do a search...

But glad to hear you're saving $$!
Old Jan 13, 2015, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I'm pretty sure this promotion has been ongoing for at least 4 months already. Might want to do a search...

But glad to hear you're saving $$!
Yes, I know it started in October. I did a search and nothing came up (the results were gibberish - everything with the world whole or foods in it)... so that's why I posted. Next time I'll add a + between words and I won't just expect the search function to do that for me.

To add savings, you can buy by the case for items you like. They give a 10% discount at the register for items bought by the case.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 8:48 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator explanation

Originally Posted by TayoBus
I did a search and nothing came up
I found the previous thread this way:

Click: Search this forum > Advanced search > Search Titles Only
Type: "whole" (include the quotation marks)
Press: <Enter>
Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:32 pm

If any site's search feature isn't turning up desired hits try a site restricted Google search.

For this site just add site:flyertalk.com/forum to your keywords.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.