H-Honors Status

Old Oct 14, 2014, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

H-Honors Status

Just out of curiosity, do AMEX Plat holders get H-Honors status?
Old Oct 14, 2014, 1:23 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by kapshah
Just out of curiosity, do AMEX Plat holders get H-Honors status?
Welcome to FlyerTalk. When asking about American Express it is important to specify the country because policies, practices, products, benefits and rewards differ.

American Express Platinum charge cards issued in the USA do not include any Hilton status as a regular benefit. You can see all of the benefits here:

http://exploreplatinum.americanexpre...s.com/platinum

You can read about an expired offer for Hilton status here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...d-holders.html
Old Oct 15, 2014, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Amex Centurion holders in the US still get Hilton Diamond status.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Apologies. I should have clarified. The card is in the US. The reason I ask is because I was upgraded at Hilton, while traveling in 2013, to a "H-Honors room" but I never signed up for H-Honors nor do I have any status with them.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 8:38 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
...I was upgraded at Hilton, while traveling in 2013, to a "H-Honors room".
If this happened once it means nothing. The hotel needed to put you in a room, and they happened to have vacancy in that category. It if happened regularly there might be something to it, but probably not related to American Express.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 9:26 am

Even if you were eligible for the Amex Plat Hhonors Gold status, you would have had to call in to get it activated, it was not automatic.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
...The reason I ask is because I was upgraded at Hilton, while traveling in 2013, to a "H-Honors room" but I never signed up for H-Honors nor do I have any status with them...
The complimentary upgrade benefit for HH Gold means Hilton has to upgrade you when it is available. At the least, a room with a better view (but usually a suite).

Yours was not an upgrade, but you simply got a room on a designated floor.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 11:46 pm

Programs: Delta Flyer
Originally Posted by garykung
The complimentary upgrade benefit for HH Gold means Hilton has to upgrade you when it is available. At the least, a room with a better view (but usually a suite).

Yours was not an upgrade, but you simply got a room on a designated floor.
I hope that AMEX offers the same deal they did last year for free HH Gold for AMEX Plat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.