Old Mar 24, 2015, 4:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by lotrbfme
Boingo sucks. I would actually prefer not to have it. It just never works
Agreed.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 5:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by JFSV
Does anyone remember by any chance how long it took to receive the Priority Pass cards by post? I got my (upgrade) new Plat cards on Friday, so I assume a few days after? I also note the website says it can take up to 28days but I was hoping it would take less

Many thanks.
After waiting months I had to email them. Then it came in 3 days.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 5:25 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by JFSV
Does anyone remember by any chance how long it took to receive the Priority Pass cards by post? I got my (upgrade) new Plat cards on Friday, so I assume a few days after? I also note the website says it can take up to 28days but I was hoping it would take less

Many thanks.
My wife upgraded to Platinum and got Priority Pass with one week.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 5:49 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Great - thanks heaps
Old Mar 24, 2015, 6:43 am

Do you lose priority pass membership if you cancel the AMEX platinum card?
Old Mar 24, 2015, 6:55 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by redwing634
Do you lose priority pass membership if you cancel the AMEX platinum card?
Yes.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...cancelled.html
Old Mar 24, 2015, 6:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by mia
Yes.
But I assume it takes a few days for the PP membership to be cancelled (so mi have heard)? Any idea how long?
And if it is used during those days after the cancellation of the amex, will they charge you for each access since you weren't entitled to entry?
And what about if you bring many guests in - will they charge you for each one - (there is no active card to charge this money to)?
Old Mar 24, 2015, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by benberg2013
But I assume it takes a few days for the PP membership to be cancelled (so mi have heard)? Any idea how long?
And if it is used during those days after the cancellation of the amex, will they charge you for each access since you weren't entitled to entry?
And what about if you bring many guests in - will they charge you for each one - (there is no active card to charge this money to)?
Good lord. If you're planning to use it that way, just keep your Amex active for a few more days. AF will prorate the AF refund, anyway, and you don't run the risk of getting turned away at the lounge.

IIRC, I had to call Amex to request the PP Card immediately after getting the Amex, and it arrived within the week. I *believe* they can request that PP act with some urgency if you are travelling soon, but Amex can't force them to overnight the packet as they would with the actual Amex.

Re: Boingo - I've used it with lots of success in Europe. Not usually the fastest, but it is a connection and doesn't cost 10-15 EUR as is the charge in some airports.
Old May 16, 2015, 2:33 am
mia

Moderator action

Discussion of the Boingo benefit, including how to use it without using a Boingo "app", has been moved:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ingo-wifi.html
Old May 21, 2015, 5:25 am

Is the travel credit still working for gift cards? I'm thinking of Southwest GC. Any recent data points that they still work?
Old May 21, 2015, 9:57 am
mia

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Is the travel credit still working for gift cards? I'm thinking of Southwest GC. Any recent data points that they still work?
Please see this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...n-fl-only.html
Old May 23, 2015, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by redwing634
Considering cancelling my Platinum card but want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

-Have redeemed the $200 airline credit both for 2014 and 2015 ($400 total)
-Scheduled to get TSA pre-check in a couple weeks

Card is up for renewal in July 2015; I plan to cancel it once I get the credit for the TSA precheck

However I haven't used the 100k reward points yet, and the two airlines I mostly fly (United and Southwest) are not part of their transfer plan. So to keep the points I'm planning on asking to be downgraded to the free credit card (Everyday?)

Am I missing anything? Are there any other benefits I should get in on before cancelling?
transfer your points to air Canada aeroplan... you can book United flights using aeroplan miles...
Old May 23, 2015, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Not quite as much of a no-brainer if you already have GE (Global Entry). Like I said before, GE is good for 5 years, so if you already got it within the last 2 or 3 years, you have absolutely no need to spend on it this year (or next year) anyway, so the GE benefit is useless to you the first year.
might be a no-brainer if you get the card in the middle of the year, and cancel in the January of next year after getting $400 airline gift card, and still receive pro-rated refund of annual fee (should be much less than $450)....
Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
I didn't see a separate thread for this, but a Business Platinum offer just came out for a $75 cash back bonus (up to 5 times) for spending $250 at Home Depot, Total Wine, Staples, BevMo, Gordon, and Jetro.

My wine habit makes this a no brainer to make 5 separate trips to Total Wine before 8.14.15.

That's a very nice $375 off coupon for something I would purchase without the coupon (maybe not before 8.14 however).
Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by txpenny
I didn't see a separate thread for this, but a Business Platinum offer just came out for a $75 cash back bonus (up to 5 times) for spending $250 at Home Depot, Total Wine, Staples, BevMo, Gordon, and Jetro.

My wine habit makes this a no brainer to make 5 separate trips to Total Wine before 8.14.15.

That's a very nice $375 off coupon for something I would purchase without the coupon (maybe not before 8.14 however).
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...nc-offers.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.