Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Secondary Plat card benefits?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2014, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC

I'm contemplating ditching my United Club Card and opt for Amex Platinum. My wife does a fair amount of traveling and if I add her to my card, will she still be able to access the lounges along with taking advantage of the incidental credit? Or these are reserved for primary cardholders? thanks.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 11:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plt, AA AC
Everything but the incidental credit she will get with a secondary card.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 4:07 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K

Yup, even your credit limit!
Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:00 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by DFWFairy
...taking advantage of the incidental credit? ...
There is one $200 credit per account (not per card) per calendar year. Transactions made with her card are eligible for reimbursement, the same as transactions made with your card, but adding supplementary cards does not increase the maximum reimbursement.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:58 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Each card holder (in this case, you and your wife) would also get reimbursed for Global Entry.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Also, IIRC you have to request the Priority Pass membership for each card holder separately. They don't automatically send it to you.

Note though, if you fly UA a lot (guessing you do if Platinum) the Priority Pass membership you get through the Platinum card does not allow you access to any UC.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC

Thanks all for the inputs. As for UC, i've fed up with their nickel & dime me on beer & wine. So i wouldn't loose sleep on not getting access to them once I switch to Amex.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.