Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

American Express Gold Biz card 50-60,000 MR points ($5k spend) [USA]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 16, 2014, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
For 60,000 points after $5,000 spend in 3 months:

- Apply over the phone and you must call 800-567-1083 and ask to be forwarded to the mail-in offer department for amex business gold. (See Post #31)

For 50,000 points after $5,000 spend in 3 months: now appears to be dead
Print Wikipost

American Express Gold Biz card 50-60,000 MR points ($5k spend) [USA]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA ExP || SPG Plt || Honors Diamond || UA Silver
Newbie question - will manufactured spending be easily flagged as suspicious and trigger a financial review? I don't have a legitimate biz but I need some flying bleu miles. 10k spending is too deep for me without MS. I've had personal PRG before, closed it this year, so personal plat might not be accessible to me.
TIA
Old Nov 12, 2014, 7:03 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mrsmsr
... I've had personal PRG before, closed it this year, so personal plat might not be accessible to me.
TIA
Holding a personal Gold card now has no bearing on your eligibility for a personal Platinum card new account bonus. However, if have ever held a personal Platinum charge card you are not eligible to receive another bonus.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:36 pm

I got a 50K offer(confirmed over the phone after approval), had the card year and a half ago

50K-75K offer, use an android smartphone

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...s-gold-rewards
Old Nov 14, 2014, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by drdrew450
I got a 50K offer(confirmed over the phone after approval), had the card year and a half ago

50K-75K offer, use an android smartphone

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...s-gold-rewards
Worked for me too, got 75K offer on my smartphone!
Old Nov 16, 2014, 2:33 pm

Just got the 50k business gold offer. I had the card before >12 months back, but also had the business platinum <12 months back. In the terms I saw the bonus is available unless I had business gold in last 12 months, so I thought I qualified.

Now I saw the wiki says the 50k offer is not for those who had any business gold/plat/green in last 12 months? Is the wiki inaccurate? Should I confirm with Amex before making the spend?
Old Nov 16, 2014, 5:24 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by bobby21
Now I saw the wiki says the 50k offer is not for those who had any business gold/plat/green in last 12 months? Is the wiki inaccurate? Should I confirm with Amex before making the spend?
Offers change. What are the exact terms of the offer for which you applied?
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:19 am

If you apply for the 75k offer (after $10k spend in 90 days), you can still get the bonus even if you already currently have the business platinum card.

I just applied, and verified this. (I have the Bus. Plat. , and just got the 75k Bus. Gold card).
Old Nov 18, 2014, 5:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
I last upgraded my Gold Biz to Plat Biz January this year, so I would assume the 12 months ticker started in January and not the close of the Plat Biz?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 6:24 pm

So has anyone seen this before? I got a "Your Application is Pending Review. Please Call Us" message when I applied but minutes later it's showing as "approved" on the app status page.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by aradisc
So has anyone seen this before? I got a "Your Application is Pending Review. Please Call Us" message when I applied but minutes later it's showing as "approved" on the app status page.
Exactly what happened with me.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:26 pm

As far as the stamps.com thing, not sure if the glitch is 'fixed' but they did add the missing points. Will be able to tell next time I use that card for stamps if it is fixed.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:00 pm

They have updated stamps.com to be under the category "CATEGORY
BUSINESS SERVICES - MAILING & SHIPPING"

So now it should be fine for 2x going forward, however if you spent any money at stamps.com in the past 3 months I highly doubt they will retroactively credit it unless you call in and have them 'research the case' which now should be very quick since they have had at least 2 people do this in the last week or so (my business partner as well as me).
Old May 6, 2015, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by moops380

So now it should be fine for 2x going forward, however if you spent any money at stamps.com in the past 3 months I highly doubt they will retroactively credit it unless you call in and have them 'research the case' which now should be very quick since they have had at least 2 people do this in the last week or so (my business partner as well as me).
Hello. Has anybody charged to stamps.com recently? I just did (today 5/6/2015) and it came up as "Category: Other - Miscellaneous". I also called Amex and they confirmed that this would not count as shipping for rewards. Can anybody confirm this? Thanks.
Old May 23, 2015, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by matrim33
Hello. Has anybody charged to stamps.com recently? I just did (today 5/6/2015) and it came up as "Category: Other - Miscellaneous". I also called Amex and they confirmed that this would not count as shipping for rewards. Can anybody confirm this? Thanks.
Reports this way for me as well. No rewards bonus
Old Aug 25, 2015, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by moops380

Got an offer for 75k bonus points for the Business Gold Card. called last night to apply and the rep said stamps.com would NOT receive the 3x points for the "shipping" category.

I spend about 60k per year through stamps.com on my SPG Amex card. I checked my last couple of purchases on my SPG card and the transactions post as "business services - mailing & shipping".

I would love to get the Business Gold Card and select "shipping" as my 3X points category.

Can anyone here verify Stamps.com purchases are being awarded as 2X points (or 3X if this was your extra point category)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.