Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge MIA [Opened 4 June 2015, enlarged January 2019]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge MIA [Opened 4 June 2015, enlarged January 2019]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2016, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
How is the shower situation around opening time? Long wait? Short wait? No wait?
I was there a couple weeks ago (a Wednesday morning at ~5:30) and was told there were 5 people in front of me and it was booked until 7:30. I went to the Admirals Club and took a shower there. Not sure if that's normal or it was an unlucky day.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I was there a couple weeks ago (a Wednesday morning at ~5:30) and was told there were 5 people in front of me and it was booked until 7:30. I went to the Admirals Club and took a shower there. Not sure if that's normal or it was an unlucky day.
Sounds like I'll dart right to the AC (which likely has fine-enough showers, although I've never been in one @ MIA) and then head to the AX lounge, time permitting, for pre-departure breakfast.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Sounds like I'll dart right to the AC (which likely has fine-enough showers, although I've never been in one @ MIA) and then head to the AX lounge, time permitting, for pre-departure breakfast.
Yes, the AC is best used for showers as the CL only has 1 which is not even close to enough. The most frustrating thing is the one shower room is massive and they realistically could have fit two in there.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Is it possible to access this concourse with a UA boarding pass? Would TSA let me through?
Old Oct 13, 2016, 2:30 pm

Is it possible to pre book spa services at the MIA Centurion lounge?
Old Oct 13, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by silver02accord
Is it possible to pre book spa services at the MIA Centurion lounge?
No If you arrive at least 1:30min before BOARDING there is a good chance there is space available
Old Nov 4, 2016, 4:10 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Main lounge area (with tables) is full now, but only a brief wait at bar, and nearly empty in the curved arm. Drink refill delivered to my seat.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mia
Main lounge area (with tables) is full now, but only a brief wait at bar, and nearly empty in the curved arm. Drink refill delivered to my seat.
That seems to be the norm now. Always full except the curved arm. Fried chicken is back btw :P
Old Nov 4, 2016, 9:45 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by lotrbfme
... Fried chicken ...
I am more of an edamame person .
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:14 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Spent three hours here last Sunday from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM. The lounge was crowded the entire time. Also, one elevator isn't working so there was always a wait and a crowd around the elevator at both ends as well as always lines at the desk. The desk seemed understaffed as there was one woman trying to deal with checking people in and member requests. Of course this meant finding a seat was hard for everyone.

Breakfast options were:
- Chicken apple sausage with onions and peppers
- Spinach and garlic frittata
- Blueberry pancakes
- Shaksuka with chili peppers, tomatoes, feta cheese and eggs.

The pancakes were hard but everything else was excellent. Oddly, even though I left a little after 11:30, they'd replaced the fruit and yogurt with salad but hadn't put any hot lunch entrees out.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
Spent three hours here last Sunday from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM. The lounge was crowded the entire time. Also, one elevator isn't working so there was always a wait and a crowd around the elevator at both ends as well as always lines at the desk. The desk seemed understaffed as there was one woman trying to deal with checking people in and member requests. Of course this meant finding a seat was hard for everyone.
This alone sounds very Miami-esque, and not just at the CL.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:09 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Back again this week, this time on Friday at 9 PM. Once again the lounge was quite crowded but I wasn't expecting anything different. Food was:

- Vegetable tortilla soup
- Sandwiches on ciabatta bread
- Salad Bar
- Fried chicken
- Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes

The fried chicken was absolutely excellent. I got good service at the bar too, I just wish they had a decent single malt.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: SPG,Marriott,Hilton,Delta,US airways,Hyatt,Fairmont,American A,Priority Cub,Discovery,etc
Mayhem

On our last visit to the MIA Centurian(Feb 25/17), it was absolutely packed.Near the windows by the bar a group with a dog allowed the dog out of it's crate and it sat on a chair! Yup.No supervisor EVER walked through the lounge .Even as the dog barked loudly,no staff said a word. Food and drink were constantly out.This lounge just gets worse.We headed to the Admiral's lounge for relaxation!
Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
Originally Posted by iamfrugal
On our last visit to the MIA Centurian(Feb 25/17), it was absolutely packed.Near the windows by the bar a group with a dog allowed the dog out of it's crate and it sat on a chair! Yup.No supervisor EVER walked through the lounge .Even as the dog barked loudly,no staff said a word. Food and drink were constantly out.This lounge just gets worse.We headed to the Admiral's lounge for relaxation!
That was a Saturday, we are going to be there next Saturday after our cruise, I am guessing the number of cruisers trying to use this club is crazy high. I guess we will try out one of the other PP Clubs instead.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:52 am

I have an AMEX PRG (new to the Amex game) and to me it looks like I should be able to pay the $50 fee for a day pass at MIA on the day of my flight (long layover):

http://thecenturionlounge.com/info/faq

"All other Card Members with a valid American Express® Credit or Charge Card are eligible to purchase access to the Lounge for $50 per day, subject to capacity. "

I saw a review of the MIA lounge saying someone with an Amex Gold was turned away and told the lounge is only for plat/cent members. Is that true (meaning I won't get in AT ALL with a gold card), or is it more likely the person was turned away due to capacity?

I do understand the lounge is often crowded, FWIW.

I'm only a newbie traveler, and I think the only other lounge I have possible access to is AA, for $59. (I have no AA branded card, but I joined up for their loyalty program.)

I really just want somewhere more comfortable to sit and grab a drink, charge my electronics for a few hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.