Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge MIA [Opened 4 June 2015, enlarged January 2019]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge MIA [Opened 4 June 2015, enlarged January 2019]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2015, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
I was at MIA yesterday, I headed over to gate D12 and saw nothing there. Only the Admirals Club in D15. I even asked a couple of airport employees that I saw around, and they had no clue about the location of the lounge. Just after hopping off the SkyTrain that takes you there, while going down the escalators, there's a big Ad of the Centurion Lounge. Also, there are some FHR Ads in this part of the Terminal. I guess I just didn't see it, but I'm sure it is being built over there.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 3:32 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
MIA airport documents indicate the lounge is by the rotunda which suggest it will share with AAdmirals Club. There are two elevators facing each other by D12 (across from the restrooms/Jose Cuervo Tequileria) and when I was there this morning, one elevator was stationary with doors open and a traffic cone by the elevator doors. Other than that, no visible activities.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Transiting MIA tomorrow. I'll keep my eyes open to see if I see anything different.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz President's Circle
Anyone been in MIA recently and noticed any progress on this lounge?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:21 pm

I walked around D15 trying to figure out where this thing is going to be at but have yet to spot it. Gotta be between D10 and D15. Near the Skytrain stairs.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:15 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
I walked around D15 trying to figure out where this thing is going to be at but have yet to spot it. Gotta be between D10 and D15. Near the Skytrain stairs.
Page 2 of the PDF in post 20 indicates it is by the rotunda by D12. You'll be standing under the rotunda if you are by Jose Cuervo Tequileria. The only way to access this space is via the elevators. There are no escalators nearby except the ones by D12 but I think those escalators are used to bring international arriving passengers to CBP.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz President's Circle
Thanks for the update -- if it's still not even obvious where the lounge is going to be, sounds like not much progress has been made. Not a good sign for opening anytime soon....
Old Feb 26, 2015, 9:54 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by seawolf
...The only way to access this space is via the elevators.
This matches my very hazy recollection of BA club which previously occupied this space, although I am certain a staircase will need to be added for fire code compliance.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
MIA has become one of my frequent stops - I am looking forward to this one opening!
Old Feb 26, 2015, 9:11 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by mia
This matches my very hazy recollection of BA club which previously occupied this space, although I am certain a staircase will need to be added for fire code compliance.
I'll be surprised if the stairs don't already exist from when BA had the space. Perhaps limited to "EMERGENCY EXIT" only thus not noticeable from departure gate level?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:32 pm

Yes, I figured it has to be on an 2nd floor because there is no room in the ground floor.

But even the elevator you mention I have yet to spot. Maybe it's under a "Staff only" door for the time being?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:54 pm
Original Member

Yes, I figured it has to be on an 2nd floor because there is no room in the ground floor.

But even the elevator you mention I have yet to spot. Maybe it's under a "Staff only" door for the time being?
The elevator is actually two elevators facing one another right by the edge of the rotunda. If you are standing with your back towards Jose Cuervo Tequileria, it will be in front of you.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:42 pm

I believe it will be in the old British Airways Lounge location. It will be interesting how many Admirals Club members will defect to the Centurion Lounge and if AA will step up its game in MIA. I look forward to the new lounge as MIA is currently my home airport. Once the Dallas Centurion Lounge opened I hardly ever visit the Admirals Club anymore.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:03 pm

Someone on this thread reporting they have been told the opening has been pushed back to mid-2015.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 4:15 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by mia
Do you recall the two elevator banks for the BA lounge? If it is indeed those elevators (next to the Cadillac on display and Jose Cuervo), it would appear the lounge would be two levels up from departure (not one similar to Admirals Club). Stopped by today. Traffic cones are still by the elevators but I do see passengers walking by the elevators one level up from departures (I presume international arrivals). Thus, if the elevator bank by Jose Cuervo is where the lounge is, it would have to be 2 levels above departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.