Wiki Posts
Search

Canada: how long for card to arrive?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2014, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplan airmiles priorityclub choiceprivilege asiamiles spg bw
Canada: how long for card to arrive?

I applied for the AP gold and was approved 3/29. Received the letter containing pin 1 wk later, but the card itself has yet to arrive. Just curios whether anyone has experienced this "delay"?
(Could this be a Canada Post issue?)

Last edited by mia; Apr 23, 2014 at 7:41 am Reason: Used post to start new thread.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by ValueHunter99
Not sure if this post belongs here ...

I applied for the AP gold and was approved 3/29. Received the letter containing pin 1 wk later, but the card itself has yet to arrive. Just curios whether anyone has experienced this "delay"?
My Gold Amex card is taking longer than usual to arrive, although I was only approved just over a couple of weeks ago. Seems like everything Amex is doing lately is taking longer than usual...curious...
Old Apr 22, 2014, 5:43 pm

Programs: AC - E50, CX - G, Accor Plat, SPG Gold

There was a period when they first made the card FYF in September when it was taking several weeks to receive the card; however, this is no longer a factor. Amex can tell you when the card was dispatched even if it left by Canada Post so a short call should answer your questions.

Last edited by mia; Apr 23, 2014 at 7:36 am Reason: Remove off-topic commentary
Old Apr 22, 2014, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by markandrew
There was a period when they first made the card FYF in September when it was taking several weeks to receive the card; however, this is no longer a factor. Amex can tell you when the card was dispatched even if it left by Canada Post so a short call should answer your questions.

Yes, I did call amex csr and was told the card was sent out on 3/29. It's "almost" a month now and still no show. csr did make a request for another card to be sent out last week ... let's see what will happen ...
Old Apr 22, 2014, 9:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott

It should be within 3 business days in my experience.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 9:57 pm

I too applied for this card, the day after you. I received the card on April 10.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cana2013
It should be within 3 business days in my experience.
3 business days is a bit fast.

My primary + supplementary cards came in appx 1-1.5 weeks.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by CanucksHKG

Agree. Generally my primary/supp cards come in 1-2 weeks.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by prmetime
I too applied for this card, the day after you. I received the card on April 10.
I have finally received the amex aeroplus gold card today by XpressPost. However, it is not the originally issued card based on the last 5 digit of the new card being different.

I am wondering if this will in any way affect the welcome bonus.

(Looking back, the original card was approved on 3/29 based on email received, which fell on a saturday. Perhaps this has increased the chance of hiccup in the process ...)
Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:27 pm

AMEX Premium cards (Platinum, Gold, Business Plat, etc...) will arrive in 3-5 BUSINESS days

while other cards will be, officially, 7-10 BUSINESS days

But one can call AMEX to inquire the status, although they won't re-issue a new card until 10 full days have passed
Old Apr 24, 2014, 5:25 am
alc

Here are my data point:

Apply AeroplanPlus Gold card on March 11 - Instant Approval
Rec'd the card the week of March 17 via regular mail

This is actually the first AMEX card that I rec'd in regular mail for a very long time. The last one might have been 6 or 8 years ago. All the cards in between had already mail out via XpressPost.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
I had a business card go missing. Amex wasn't helpful at all. I got a pin letter then about a week later I started calling. First call got me, can't see anything call back next week. 1 week later, it's been sent, wait. Another week I call and "wait". Really? The only action on Amex's part came when I get a call from the Business card dep't (another week later) introducing himself if I ever needed anything? He got an earful and I had a new card sent. The original card is probably somewhere in the bowels of a Canada post sorting facility. Maybe it will make the news in 2065 when they try to deliver it (wasn't there a story a few days ago?).

As per my Gold card I received it after a few weeks. Got the RED letter to go the (not-so) local post office to pick it up or else it goes back. I never got the original notice.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:15 am

was it a target invite? and did you get an email stating "you were rush approved, card will be arriving in 2-3 days" ?

mine arrived via usps in 2 1/2 days to here in nyc.

i think your problem is a canada post issue, but you should've got a tracking number by now via email.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:30 am

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Originally Posted by CanucksHKG

I was talking about the pin and the card are within 3 business days from each other. Usually the pin arives first, then after 1-3 days, the card arrives. CIBC cards are the opposite, the card usually arrives first and then the pin.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeycanuk
I had a business card go missing. Amex wasn't helpful at all. I got a pin letter then about a week later I started calling. First call got me, can't see anything call back next week. 1 week later, it's been sent, wait. Another week I call and "wait". Really? The only action on Amex's part came when I get a call from the Business card dep't (another week later) introducing himself if I ever needed anything? He got an earful and I had a new card sent. The original card is probably somewhere in the bowels of a Canada post sorting facility. Maybe it will make the news in 2065 when they try to deliver it (wasn't there a story a few days ago?).

As per my Gold card I received it after a few weeks. Got the RED letter to go the (not-so) local post office to pick it up or else it goes back. I never got the original notice.
Well, the originally issued card finally arrived today (issued on 3/29, arrived 4/24). So I think it must have been a screw-up by canada post as I have been getting my neighbors' mails delivered to me often lately ... I suspect whoever got my mails (by mistake) simply drop it back into the mailbox instead of delivering to me ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.