Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion card ebay drama

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Centurion card ebay drama

hey guys

I collect bank cards and I recently bought and then sold a personal centurion card. I feel that I am pretty up on what a real card looks like, well I've relied on multiple pics of real cardholder pics, and I have drama from the buyer saying the card I sold isn't real. He is under the impression the old card type is the only type, the thick card with bezeled edges.

I am very sure that it is a real card, and I wondered if I posted the pics of the card, if anyone who is a real cardholder would be kind enough to offer their opinions based on the pics. It has not expired yet (although obviously is not activated) so it's a newer issued card.

I hope this isn't out of line, but I could really use some help on this.
thanks very much

the front pic is not clear enough to see that it does have the Amex logo in the usual pattern on the front. The card is metal, has raised numbers and letters and the back is smooth and the area where the letters would be indented is covered by the panel.

thanks all, and mods, please remove this if I am violating any rules.
rymetymeuk

Last edited by mia; Apr 20, 2014 at 4:18 pm Reason: Removed oversize images
Old Apr 17, 2014, 8:07 am

sure looks real to me...just compared to the one in my wallet and the quality of the numbers on the front coincide with the generation of card mentioned in top right of the back of the card down to the lack of beveled edges (I do miss those). So its clearly not the latest generation with the MUCH better numbers on front and not the old beveled edge card. Sticker looks legit too.

Hope it helps
Old Apr 17, 2014, 8:15 am
Original Poster

thank you for the reply, I appreciate it. I know it's legit, I think he has a case of buyers remorse, I don't know why as it's a great card.

thanks again!
Old Apr 17, 2014, 2:11 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Agree, looks real to me.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 3:05 pm

Call me stupid, but why would you sell or buy this card on eBay? Isn't it tied to your name?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 4:00 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
It looks real. Numbers are exactly as in my card.
This made me wonder if there was any charge for replacing a lost Centurion card? since its made of titanium.. And I've had mine(same one) for a couple of years now.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 6:11 pm

3767??

Shouldn't it be 3715?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 6:41 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by sdix
3767??

Shouldn't it be 3715?
3767 is the start on one of my cards (not cent). Not sure if different cards have different identifying numbers?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by sdix
3767??

Shouldn't it be 3715?
My centurion card starts that way. 3764 is Platinum in argentina, for example.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Hilton Gold, SPG
I believe 37 stands for AMEX, and the next four digits are like location and area etc...
Old Apr 17, 2014, 9:53 pm

Looks legit to me as well. I'm an AU on a close friend's card. IMHO, the previous generation cards were much better looking. Guess the Palladium takes the design crown nowadays.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by halfleafclover
Looks legit to me as well. I'm an AU on a close friend's card. IMHO, the previous generation cards were much better looking. Guess the Palladium takes the design crown nowadays.

How does the older card look? Anyone put a picture of it please?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 6:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Am I missing something? Why would you buy an Amex card on eBay? Is this a charge card you actually use or are you buying one that someone else got as a duplicate and put up for sale?

I have a bunch of old cards, is there a market for this?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Originally Posted by tuchop
It looks real. Numbers are exactly as in my card.
This made me wonder if there was any charge for replacing a lost Centurion card? since its made of titanium.. And I've had mine(same one) for a couple of years now.
No charge for replacement cards. I've had a couple replaced over the years and the usually send them out via overnight delivery.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:25 am

What?

Do people seriously buy this for wallet candy so they can pose to be rich and impress the ladies at the club?

That is the only logic I can find in this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.