Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Has anyone tried the new Amex lounge in YYZ Terminal One?

Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:57 am
Original Poster

I just noticed an Amex lounge inside terminal 1 at the downstairs international departure gates.

I didn't have time to check it out, because, like usual, I headed straight to the Maple Leaf Lounge until boarding time.

I think I'll check it out next time. Has anyone checked it out? How does it compare to Maple Leaf Lounge or other, recently built, Amex Centurion lounges?

Also - I'm not referring to the one that is upstairs that has been there forever.

This one is down the stairs from Maple Leaf Lounge, and walk straight to the end and turn left. You'll see the int'l departure gates on the right side, and this Amex lounge on the left side.

Last edited by DanTravel; Apr 12, 2014 at 11:14 am
Old Apr 12, 2014, 12:34 pm
alc

If the one I had in mind the same as the you are referring, you end up taking the stair or elevator back upstairs. Food wise is better than MLL (IMO always better with AMEX lounge), so I usually head their mainly to feed my stomach , then head back to MLL to do work or relax.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Diamond, Hyatt Plat, AA Plat, SPG Plat/Lifetime Plat, Amex Plat / PRG, DClub
I was in this Amex lounge last week. It's not very big and food is same as in the Amex lounge in the USA terminal. Definitely quieter than the MLL, that's for sure. And closer to most gates.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 11:01 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
All the Amex lounges in Canada are just Plaza Premium Lounges...
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
I always ends up at the AMEX/Plaza Premium Lounge after visiting the MLL.

And the general consensus is PPL is better. Better food, less people. Only drawback is seating is a bit tighter (as it's essentially an Asian lounge, operated by the HK company).
Old Apr 26, 2014, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Popped in a couple of days ago just to check it out. Drab and depressing, this place is not remotely close to the DFW Centurion Lounge. Even the MLL is much better, especially if you need to work. But they both suffer from the same affliction... YYZ Terminal 1. Ugh.

Some pics for the morbidly curious.

The business centre. LOL.

Old Apr 26, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Originally Posted by SFO777
Popped in a couple of days ago just to check it out. Drab and depressing, this place is not remotely close to the DFW Centurion Lounge. Even the MLL is much better, especially if you need to work. But they both suffer from the same affliction... YYZ Terminal 1. Ugh.
Hi SFO777, I just checked out the site (amexcloud10.ca) and I couldn't find anywhere saying if they accepted guests with a platinum/centurion cardholder. Do you know if they do?

And for anyone who tried the security fast lanes, did you just show the card there? or? do they accept a "guest"?
thanks!!
Old Apr 26, 2014, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tuchop
Hi SFO777, I just checked out the site (amexcloud10.ca) and I couldn't find anywhere saying if they accepted guests with a platinum/centurion cardholder. Do you know if they do?
thanks!!
Sorry tuchop, it was just me using my US Amex Platinum card, so I don't know about the guest policy.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Guest policy is up to your card agreement. Canadian Platinum does allow one guest.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:08 pm

Programs: AC 100k, SPG Platinum, Avis PC, National Exec
American Express Lounge Toronto Pearson Terminal 1?

Amex's Platinum card pages say there's an "American Express Lounge" in Terminal 1 Domestic at Pearson near Gate B.

Does anyone know if this is a new lounge? Is it the Plaza Premium Lounge just after Security? Or is it pre-Security?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:45 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

I have added your question to a thread which I believe discusses the same lounge. Scroll back to read the previous posts. (I may be wrong, one thread refers to it as International, the other as Domestic.)
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by Want2Fly4ever
Amex's Platinum card pages say there's an "American Express Lounge" in Terminal 1 Domestic at Pearson near Gate B.

Does anyone know if this is a new lounge? Is it the Plaza Premium Lounge just after Security? Or is it pre-Security?
No, this lounge has been around for a while. It is the Plaza lounge just after security on the right hand side before going down the stairs. There are no lounges pre-security (that I know of)

Last edited by GateGuardian; Apr 8, 2015 at 10:56 am
Old Apr 9, 2015, 12:26 pm

I've been using the Plaza Premium Lounge (both in Terminal 1 and 3) for a couple of years now with the Amex Plat, and hadn't been to MLL for about 3 years (when I lost my status).

I visited the MLL last month with my wife through the TD Aeroplan Visa card (last month to use vouchers on an Aeroplan reward flight). While it's big and as comfortable as I remember, the food offerings seem to have gotten worse (they used to have these tasty "veggie" potato chips). After a little while, we ended up heading to the Plaza Premium Lounge. They tend to have a more "fulsome" hot food offering (ie. potatoes, rice, usually some sort of chicken / meat dish, and a soup - usually cream of mushroom).
Old Apr 13, 2015, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Guest policy is up to your card agreement. Canadian Platinum does allow one guest.
Centurion cardholders are allowed to bring in two guests at no additional charge.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 4:48 am

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
Was just there a few weeks ago and it's been already said in this thread, this was a conversion from another lounge to be an Amex lounge so it isn't one of the snazzy ones like we have at SFO, LAS, etc. More like the Mexico City one than the new Cent lounge types.

The folks working there were kind of surly when I came in, maybe I caught them at an off moment but I was a little taken aback.

Nothing to write home about but still nice to have another place to camp out, thank you Amex.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.