Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMEX platinum business card, 150K MR with 20K spend in 3MO

AMEX platinum business card, 150K MR with 20K spend in 3MO

Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:44 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by hewsux
Anyone have a current link of tips to manufacture spend?
Flyertalk has an entire forum dedicated to this topic:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...-spending-719/
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by rajuabju
Finally pulled the trigger on the 150k MR points for $20k spend in 3 months offer today. Instant approval.

I figure I can just float whatever spending deficiet I end up having by buying grocery and department store gift cards.

Good times.
got my card yesterday. mine is $15k spending in 3 month for 150k points. The CSR who helped me activating the card asked detailed questions about my business (I was feeling a little uncomfortable) and basically was trying to convince me to use this card for EVERYTHING. Then she said oh you have a really nice bonus, no wonder you decided to sign up
Old Aug 27, 2014, 10:35 am

Contact?

Originally Posted by Pecan Pie
got my card yesterday. mine is $15k spending in 3 month for 150k points. The CSR who helped me activating the card asked detailed questions about my business (I was feeling a little uncomfortable) and basically was trying to convince me to use this card for EVERYTHING. Then she said oh you have a really nice bonus, no wonder you decided to sign up

I'm interested in applying for this very promotion (150k for 15k spend/3 months).

Any recommendations on which number to call to apply, and who to ask/how to phrase the questions (that is, obtaining this same offer)?

Thanks!
Old Aug 27, 2014, 11:32 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by SilverKris
Any recommendations on which number to call
Originally Posted by fevercity
Not sure if this is the best # but worked for me:
1-800-971-6736
Old Aug 27, 2014, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Flyertalk has an entire forum dedicated to this topic
Doh! Sorry about that and thank you much.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:09 pm

I got a business card offer, 75k points, 2k spend in 3 months.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:16 pm

I have the business gold. Does anyone know if I can still get this offer?
Old Aug 29, 2014, 1:46 pm

I have personal platinum card, got manually approved for the business platinum 150K MR points with 20K spend. will obviously close personal once i get the business.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by SilverKris
I'm interested in applying for this very promotion (150k for 15k spend/3 months).

Any recommendations on which number to call to apply, and who to ask/how to phrase the questions (that is, obtaining this same offer)?

Thanks!
I didn't ask for the offer over the phone. Have a mailed RSVP code, applied and approved. The phone conversation was when I was activating my new card.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 8:17 am

Called the number 1-800-971-6736 posted by fevercity and the amex rep asked if i received an RSVP code via mail. I told her that I did not but I did receive an email offer for the Gold card. I told her that I was interested in the Platinum instead and she offered 100k MR for 10k spend in 3 mos. Quickly applied and approved!
Old Aug 30, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
I swear we had the same CSR.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 7:33 pm

Just got approved of a biz platinum. Now have a biz gold offer of $2k spending get 75k points, first year AF waived offer... Read the T&C and didn't see any wording regarding currently biz platinum holders not being eligible for the bonus. If I apply for the gold, will I get the points? anyone with similar experience?
Old Aug 31, 2014, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by rajuabju
I swear we had the same CSR.
lol. My phone call went on and on and i ended up justing saying "that's great" every time she tells me what great benefits the card offers...
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:57 am

Just got approved of a biz platinum. Now have a biz gold offer of $2k spending get 75k points, first year AF waived offer... Read the T&C and didn't see any wording regarding currently biz platinum holders not being eligible for the bonus. If I apply for the gold, will I get the points? anyone with similar experience?
I think it works. Did the same path for my wife, and the 225k plus points for charges are pending.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 12:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond
Where can I find the biz gold 75k offer with $2k spend? Am I ineligible if I already have a platinum personal?

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.