Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounges [USA] - Location wishlist, rumors and speculation

Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: imnotalawyer
These Centurion Lounges are open. Each has a dedicated discussion thread:

CLT Charlotte (2020)
DEN Denver (2021)
DFW Dallas (2013, Expanded 2018)
HKG Hong Kong (2017)
IAH Houston (2016)
JFK New York, Kennedy (2020)
LAS Las Vegas (2013)
LGA New York, La Guardia (2014, reopened in new Terminal 2021)
LHR London, Heathrow (2021)
MIA Miami (2015, Expanded 2019)
PHL Philadelphia (2017)
PHX Phoenix (2020)
SFO San Francisco (2014)
SEA Seattle (2015, Expanded 2017)

This location is closed due to construction:
LAX Los Angeles (2020)

These locations are announced, but not yet open:
DCA Washington, DC
ATL Atlanta, GA

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounges [USA] - Location wishlist, rumors and speculation

Old Jan 15, 2014, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by BlueStreak17
ORD MUST be next on their list. Hub for 2 of the 3 US airlines. The problem is where do you put it. I imagine it would have to be enormous. I actually think they probably need two there.

That being said, the selfish pick for me is ORD.
I think ORD makes all the sense in the world. I'd put it in the long hallway between the AA and UA terminals, since they're connected without going through security.

The problem with ORD overall, though is that there isn't much unused room--they'd have to expand the actual building to make a decent sized club.

I think the other natural choices from there would just be hitting the AA and UA hubs.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 6:34 pm

IAD!!

Also:
YUL
MIA
ORD
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:35 pm

My house
Old Jan 16, 2014, 12:15 am

Programs: AAdvantage Elite Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, BA
Mia, Ord airside concourse D and K respectively

Maybe two in each airport
Old Jan 16, 2014, 4:57 am

Programs: 1k MM, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold, IHG Sphire, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Carson Gold
ORD
DEN
HNL
LAX
SFO airside
Old Jan 16, 2014, 5:36 am

Any of the AA/USAir hubs--particularly PHL, as it is an international hub for USAir.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 10:24 pm

ATL MSP and SLC thought this list might as well be a list of airports LEAST likely to get Centurion clubs seeing as they are Delta hubs.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 4:44 am

Programs: A3 Gold, UA, AA Platinum, DL, Amex Plat, Amex SPG, SPG Gold, AAdvantage Plat/Aviator MCs
Here's my five:

1. ATL
2. SEA
3. IAH
4. IAD
5. JFK
Old Jan 17, 2014, 11:43 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Ord
lga
clt
iah
bdl
Old Feb 2, 2014, 2:00 pm

New Centurion Lounge Location Rumors

Got off the phone yesterday with CS and they stated that there will be 5 additional lounges (not including SF and JFK) by the end of this year. He mentioned that 3 of the cities are Philly, Chicago and Miami.

Has anyone heard something similar?
Old Feb 2, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by xcalibir
Got off the phone yesterday with CS and they stated that there will be 5 additional lounges (not including SF and JFK) by the end of this year. He mentioned that 3 of the cities are Philly, Chicago and Miami.

Nope, but nice to hear they are rolling out more of these. I went to the one in LAS for the first time last month and was thoroughly impressed.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 9:08 am

... and Miami.

A rep I spoke with a few days ago did not go so far as to state that explicitly. However, when I indicated that losing AA lounge access, particularly Miami, she repeated several times "Oh yes, we've heard Miami a lot....yes, we know." So, as she explained there will be Centurion expansion soon - it sounded like a roundabout way of indicating that Miami was pretty high up on their list of next lounges.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Retale_88
A rep I spoke with a few days ago did not go so far as to state that explicitly. However, when I indicated that losing AA lounge access, particularly Miami, she repeated several times "Oh yes, we've heard Miami a lot....yes, we know." So, as she explained there will be Centurion expansion soon - it sounded like a roundabout way of indicating that Miami was pretty high up on their list of next lounges.
The three cities he mentioned make sense due to the fact that they are losing US airways and AA. I bet Phoenix might get one as well and possibly LAX and Charlotte.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 10:13 am

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Philly would be great, especially if they include showers like they did in Dallas.

CLT too.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:58 pm

I doubt PHX will get a Centurion club. It would have to be plural as in clubs. Have you looked at PHX terminal map layout? The same goes for LAX

The three cities he mentioned make sense due to the fact that they are losing US airways and AA. I bet Phoenix might get one as well and possibly LAX and Charlotte.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.