Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Old Mar 4, 2022, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Old Jul 6, 2014, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by littlemookie
LGA already has 4 lounges (2 Delta, 1 AA, 1 United), so clearly the demand and economics are there.
Actually there are six: four in Terminal D: AA (airside), UA (landslide), DL (airside) and AC (landslide). And two in Terminal C: US and DL.

Originally Posted by colerc
There is a large space with big windows a level up from the current UA lounge in the central terminal at LGA where, the last time I was in an aircraft taxiing past, it looked like there was some construction going on. I assume that is where the Centurion Lounge is going. It actually looks like a nice space; no idea what used to be there or why it has been apparently vacant given how cramped the terminal is otherwise.
Is this the old CO lounge space, assuming UA kept its original UC? Haven't been to LGA for a few years now.

Last edited by mia; Jul 6, 2014 at 4:59 pm Reason: Combine consecutive replies
Old Jul 6, 2014, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Actually there are six: four in Terminal D: AA (airside), UA (landslide), DL (airside) and AC (landslide). And two in Terminal C: US and DL.

Is this the old CO lounge space, assuming UA kept its original UC? Haven't been to LGA for a few years now.
The air canada lounge is actually the former CO lounge.

Also, this isn't quite correct in terms of terminals. There is a DL and US lounge in terminal C and a DL one in D (which is connected to C). In the central concourse, there is the AC lounge outside security at concourse A, UA lounge pre security at concourse C and AA lounge inside security at concourse D. Of the lounges at LGA, AA has best facilities and AC has best food. DL is standard skyclub
Old Jul 7, 2014, 9:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plt, AA AC
Originally Posted by 1fan
Dont think I have ever gone to a club on arrival. A Centurion Lounge might be different but the normal AC UC no way
I've used both AA and Centurion clubs on arrival with 100% success.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
Originally Posted by aa4ever

Also, this isn't quite correct in terms of terminals. There is a DL and US lounge in terminal C and a DL one in D (which is connected to C). In the central concourse, there is the AC lounge outside security at concourse A, UA lounge pre security at concourse C and AA lounge inside security at concourse D. Of the lounges at LGA, AA has best facilities and AC has best food. DL is standard skyclub
I had breakfast in the AC club the morning I took these. Good Muesli. lazy staff though.. took 10 mins to get milk for coffee
Old Jul 8, 2014, 3:35 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
So do we know which terminal this will be in? At LGA its quite a gamble to guess, but I doubt it will be in the one with a US and DL lounge.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 4:02 am

A staff member at one of the current lounges told me it would be outside security near American & United, so presumably Terminal B.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 5:05 am

Programs: A few
Yes it will be in the Central Terminal with AA, UA, AC etc. Can't wait for this one to open will make a big difference for this dump of an airport
Old Jul 8, 2014, 5:48 am

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Yes it will be in the Central Terminal with AA, UA, AC etc. Can't wait for this one to open will make a big difference for this dump of an airport
In the central terminal, across from the food court there is a set of elevators behind a security desk. Take those up one floor and its right in front of you.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 11:25 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by rpk113
In the central terminal, across from the food court there is a set of elevators behind a security desk. Take those up one floor and its right in front of you.
it's open?
Old Jul 8, 2014, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
it's open?
nope that's where it will be..
Old Jul 8, 2014, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by aa4ever

Thanks for clarifying my post. Haven't quite got down the terminal terminology at LGA. Will fly through there tomorrow but on AA so will visit that Admirals Club (grace a MPCGold) and not explore the other corridors. Thursday I have a couple of hours at the DFW Centurion lounge...planned long connection on purpose, of course.

Wonder if AA and US will consolidate gates next year? Too bad DL moved into the same terminal as US, but suppose one or the other could make a swap to consolidate The New AA's ops at LGA...though if in the C terminal will make using the new Centurion Club difficult. (Hate land side lounges because one still must clear security and even with TSAPreCheck it's still a hassle.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 3:05 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Good news. The Centurion Lounge at LGA will open by the end of August, we have been told.

See:

LaGuardia’s 50-Year-Old Central Terminal Slated for Interim Refurbishment
Amex Centurion Lounge to Open in August
LaGuardia Airport’s Central Terminal, slated for replacement by 2021, is getting a makeover this summer to tide it over.

The terminal, also known as Terminal B, will get upgraded air conditioning, escalators, and restrooms, as well as new seating with charging stations in the food courts....

<SNIP>
Old Jul 8, 2014, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Wonder if AA and US will consolidate gates next year? Too bad DL moved into the same terminal as US, but suppose one or the other could make a swap to consolidate The New AA's ops at LGA...though if in the C terminal will make using the new Centurion Club difficult. (Hate land side lounges because one still must clear security and even with TSAPreCheck it's still a hassle.
No way DL swaps. They've just poured a bunch of money into LGA for a new SkyClub, bridge between C/D, concessions, etc. Best US can hope for is that DL is willing to swap the US gates for Marine Air Terminal, but DL Shuttle passengers love the MAT, so hard to believe they'd want to give that advantage to US.

Maybe US can swap with UA if US still has enough gates? Otherwise, I forsee a long-term mess for US/AA at LGA.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 3:20 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Amex lounge in LGA

Is there anyway i will be able to access this lounge if i am flying with delta? lol seriously thinking of switching airlines so i can use this lounge every time

Last edited by howtofreetravel; Jul 16, 2014 at 8:21 am
Old Jul 16, 2014, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
Is there anyway i will be able to access this lounge if i am flying with delta? lol seriously thinking of switching airlines so i can use this lounge every time
Yeah, since it's pre-security nothing stopping you from going to the Central Terminal, using the lounge and then heading to C/D for Delta. I think there may even be a free shuttle in between LGA concourses. But then again to do that, you'd probably want to leave the lounge at least 1hr before your flight, which would sort of defeat the purpose...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.