Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2022, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: AC*75K, Amex Centurion, Marriott Platinum Elite, All Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Given a 30 day New York Times Trial card at LGA this afternoon. Weren't more than 8 people in the lounge during my stay.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 11:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DLinYUL
Definitely possible and quite a good idea. Lounge is landside in Central Terminal between piers B and C, so if you're coming in on US or DL you would need to transfer terminals.
Be careful about the location at LGA. The Centurion Lounge is in Terminal B, aka Central Terminal, between the B and C concourses. These are not the same as Terminal C, which is used by US and DL. It's about a ten minute walk between the center of Terminal B, where the lounge is located, and Terminal C, which US and DL use. Note that DL also uses Terminal D, which is beyond Terminal C but connected airside.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 11:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by aviators99
Is the amenity just because they are new, or will they always give it away?
They're gone, but the first time I visited the Centurion lounge, the dragon gave me a card good for a free four week internet subscription to the NYT.

The second time different dragons seemed to know that I had already visited, so I think first time users are highlighted on the screen when your card is swiped. New visitors are told where stuff is located and that everything is free.

BTW, I didn't see and tip jars and didn't tip at all, including bartenders for pouring me a glass of wine. Some people got table service, but I went to get food and drinks myself. I didn't notice anyone tipping but what are other people doing?
Old Sep 16, 2014, 2:25 am

Programs: Amex Membership Rewards Platinum, Chase Ultimate Rewards, Starwood, Delta, United
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
They're gone, but the first time I visited the Centurion lounge, the dragon gave me a card good for a free four week internet subscription to the NYT.

The second time different dragons seemed to know that I had already visited, so I think first time users are highlighted on the screen when your card is swiped. New visitors are told where stuff is located and that everything is free.

BTW, I didn't see and tip jars and didn't tip at all, including bartenders for pouring me a glass of wine. Some people got table service, but I went to get food and drinks myself. I didn't notice anyone tipping but what are other people doing?
NYT sub is a good gift
Old Sep 16, 2014, 5:34 am

Programs: A few
I tipped at the bar... but have noticed less tipping here and at the DFW location, not sure why
Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:58 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I always tip at the bar in an airport lounge, so I've been doing the same. One of the servers at LGA was extra attentive with table service the day I was there, and I saw someone hand him a tip on the way out; I actually was going to do the same, but unfortunately I think he went on break as I was leaving and I was unable to find him.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
First trip to the lounge today. Will visit tomorrow and the next day too. Part of a mileage run. Very good lounge. Missed the free massage that DFW has, but otherwise similar. Food was great. I especially liked the strawberry shortcake with clotted cream.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta DM, Bonvoy Titanium, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Club, National Exec something!
Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014]

If anyone is interested I took a boatload of pics and put them up on loungebuddy.... I'd do it here but doesn't appear the app allows it, at least not easily.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:43 am

Hit the lounge yesterday for both brekky and lunch. The French Toast was pretty epic. And they gave me that free NYT card. Will hit it again later today when my mileage run is over.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 1:49 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I'm here again, this time at a truly off peak time (Saturday afternoon). There are roughly 5-10 people here. As a comparison, I've never seen the LGA Admirals Club so empty. Hopefully the overcrowding fears due to the small size of the lounge will not bear fruit.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 4:31 am

I seriously can't believe it closes at 8. 8. I feel like I'm a kid with curfew.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 12:46 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014]

Currently at the lounge. Sunday afternoon about 30 ppl. Food puts other US airline lounges to shame. No reason to go to AA/UA/AC lounges.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:18 am

In here again, 3rd time in a week! Can't emphasize again how good the French Toast is with the syrup and the fruit. Was able to hit both brekky and lunch menus again today.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 1:50 pm

Programs: A few
I know this is an overused term but this place really has been a game-changer for me in LaGuardia. I so hated that airport! Now I try to arrive early and damn it for sure I am going to end up missing a flight one day because I am too happy sitting around in this lounge

For any frequent central terminal LGA flyer I'd say this place makes getting the Amex platinum worthwhile.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 3:51 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Just a data point. It took about 15 minutes brisk walking to get from lounge to US airways departure gate with a carry-on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.