Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2022, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2014, 4:03 pm

Programs: AC*75K, Amex Centurion, Marriott Platinum Elite, All Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
If I want to fly on AC, I now have several lounges to choose from - the AC Maple Leaf Club lounge, and the UA Club lounge. For AC flights, can this lounge be accessed?
We flew AC. I believe it doesn't matter which airline you are flying on as long as you meet Amex's entry requirements (ie Plt or Cent or paying guest with Amex card).
Old Sep 1, 2014, 6:31 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by makemoretospendmore
We flew AC. I believe it doesn't matter which airline you are flying on as long as you meet Amex's entry requirements (ie Plt or Cent or paying guest with Amex card).
My question was a logistic one. Can one access this lounge airside, and if flying from a gate servicing AC?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
My question was a logistic one. Can one access this lounge airside, and if flying from a gate servicing AC?
The lounge is landside, as are all lounges in the terminal besides AA. You can access it if you are flying AC, and it is only mildly less convenient than the MLL (figure a 1 min vs 3 min walk to security).
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by CRAZ8
The actual text from the Amex FAQ is:

Centurion® Members and Platinum Card® Members who receive complimentary access may enter with two guests, or immediate family, at no additional charge.

So the 12 year old can come in and have wine and cocktails too!
She will be happy to hear that! Thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:13 am

Went for the first time yesterday evening - have to give credit to Amex as this is a huge step up from competing lounges at LGA and frankly those of any US carrier. I'd even put it ahead of the United Global First lounge at ORD, though that's not saying much. Food was great, bar was outstanding (nice to have some drinkable beverages that don't cost an arm and a leg, a la United) and well located in the central terminal. Given the food quality here, I no longer have to suffer through UA's horrendous catering heading back to ORD. While the lounge is landside, it has never taken me more than a few minutes to get through the pre-check line at LGA. Not great during IRROPS, but then again neither is the United club.

I was really starting to question the value of the Plat card, but this club alone will be of tremendous value to me and puts to rest any concerns I had.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by txny
Went for the first time yesterday evening - have to give credit to Amex as this is a huge step up from competing lounges at LGA and frankly those of any US carrier. I'd even put it ahead of the United Global First lounge at ORD, though that's not saying much. Food was great, bar was outstanding (nice to have some drinkable beverages that don't cost an arm and a leg, a la United) and well located in the central terminal. Given the food quality here, I no longer have to suffer through UA's horrendous catering heading back to ORD. While the lounge is landside, it has never taken me more than a few minutes to get through the pre-check line at LGA. Not great during IRROPS, but then again neither is the United club.

I was really starting to question the value of the Plat card, but this club alone will be of tremendous value to me and puts to rest any concerns I had.
Was the lounge crowded? Also, are the food and drinks free, or is everything listed at a price?
Old Sep 4, 2014, 4:44 pm

Programs: Amex Membership Rewards Platinum, Chase Ultimate Rewards, Starwood, Delta, United
Looking forward to trying it out for the first time next month.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mandeep
Was the lounge crowded? Also, are the food and drinks free, or is everything listed at a price?
Everything is free. I was there last week and this week, both times mid afternoon, and it wasn't that crowded. Ample food out at all times, no waiting for drinks either.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
AMEX Lounge comparison

I flew into LGA on Monday and tried the Amex lounge for the first time. Have been in DFW location 20x or so since January, Vegas twice, and now LGA. I'll be using LGA 5-7 times per month going forward as it's my home airport.

DFW is still the best location, by far. Largest space, spa treatments, and tons of TVs/largest showers and bathrooms. It's what Amex should attempt to make the SFO/MIA spaces.

LGA is my second favorite, without a doubt. The bathrooms are much smaller, and I didn't see any showers. There may very well be showers though, I didn't look all that hard. Decent amount of space to sit and work/watch TV, or eat. The area where the TVs were are along the corridor between entry and where the food is set out.

Once you arrive in the food/bar area, it's fantastic. The views of the planes landing are great, although you don't see much of Manhattan. The club straddles the B/C gates in the Central Terminal. Probably give yourself 5-10 mins to get to TSA Pre-Check on the AA wing D. I've always found Pre-Check to be pretty quick, so I'd guess 15 mins from Club to Gate is about right...20-25 if flying at a busy time. For me, I'll be showing up at LGA 15 mins earlier now for a quick lounge visit.

The food was FANTASTIC. I was underwhelmed at LAS food on my lunch-time visit. Breakfast was much better, and the lounge was half as crowded. That was probably a byproduct of the Sunday arrival vs. Wednesday AM departure. The LGA food I tried was bfast, and it was the best. Extremely fresh, eggs/pancakes/french toast/pastries, etc. Full bar, Orange Juice and an extremely attentive staff makes for a great experience. I didn't drink at 9am, but for those who wanted mimosa's, it was an option.

My only hope is that they alter the food menu at LGA more frequently than they do at DFW. I know I travel more than most, but switching it monthly would be great...even if it's just a few dishes that change.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by mandeep
The lounge was not particularly crowded from ~4:30-5:30pm - had multiple seating options. Though as others have noted, it is small. No charge for the food / drinks, including reasonably high quality beverages (certainly a big upgrade over the United Club options). Food was replenished regularly.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 12:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by Rsherwin
I flew into LGA on Monday and tried the Amex lounge for the first time. Have been in DFW location 20x or so since January, Vegas twice, and now LGA. I'll be using LGA 5-7 times per month going forward as it's my home airport.

DFW is still the best location, by far. Largest space, spa treatments, and tons of TVs/largest showers and bathrooms. It's what Amex should attempt to make the SFO/MIA spaces.

LGA is my second favorite, without a doubt. The bathrooms are much smaller, and I didn't see any showers. There may very well be showers though, I didn't look all that hard. Decent amount of space to sit and work/watch TV, or eat. The area where the TVs were are along the corridor between entry and where the food is set out.

Once you arrive in the food/bar area, it's fantastic. The views of the planes landing are great, although you don't see much of Manhattan. The club straddles the B/C gates in the Central Terminal. Probably give yourself 5-10 mins to get to TSA Pre-Check on the AA wing D. I've always found Pre-Check to be pretty quick, so I'd guess 15 mins from Club to Gate is about right...20-25 if flying at a busy time. For me, I'll be showing up at LGA 15 mins earlier now for a quick lounge visit.

The food was FANTASTIC. I was underwhelmed at LAS food on my lunch-time visit. Breakfast was much better, and the lounge was half as crowded. That was probably a byproduct of the Sunday arrival vs. Wednesday AM departure. The LGA food I tried was bfast, and it was the best. Extremely fresh, eggs/pancakes/french toast/pastries, etc. Full bar, Orange Juice and an extremely attentive staff makes for a great experience. I didn't drink at 9am, but for those who wanted mimosa's, it was an option.

My only hope is that they alter the food menu at LGA more frequently than they do at DFW. I know I travel more than most, but switching it monthly would be great...even if it's just a few dishes that change.
As someone who has been through the DFW Lounge probably 40 or 50 times I totally agree with you on the food.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 2:37 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
To add a few thoughts following my recent visit:

The food was good; very good; almost restaurant quality and much better than in Las Vegas. The menu doesn't look too exciting on paper, and even the photographs that have been posted on various blogs didn't look like anything special, but everything was truly prepared very well and the flavors were excellent.

The lounge is surprisingly small but was surprisingly not crowded (probably at less than 50% occupancy) on a late afternoon on a Friday.

I flew out of Terminal C and was going to take the shuttle bus, but the person at the desk suggested that I walk instead. She said it would only be a 10 minute walk, but in actuality, leaving through the last baggage claim door in the Central Terminal and walking into the first door in Terminal C, my brisk walk was about 5 minutes. The walk, though obviously outside, isn't too bad-- the signage is good, there were several other people walking, and much of the walk is actually through one of the airport parking lots-- it's pretty much the same walk you would do if you had parked your car there and were walking to the terminal. Once you reach Terminal C, the PreCheck lane is adjacent to the entrance and I was through in about 2 minutes.

I'll reiterate what everyone else has said-- this is a wonderful addition to LGA and one of the main reasons, as an AA flyer, I'm keeping my Plat card.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 4:09 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
The walk to C is not bad provided it is not too hot/raining/snowing. I usually do the walk anyway as I leave my car in the covered garage instead of the open lot.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
I'm flying into LGA next week. Can I access it without an ongoing boarding pass, to check it out before I leave the airport?
Old Sep 8, 2014, 5:32 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
You only need a "same day" boarding pass. See post 105.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.