Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2022, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:25 pm

Programs: 1k MM, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold, IHG Sphire, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Carson Gold
Dont think I have ever gone to a club on arrival. A Centurion Lounge might be different but the normal AC UC no way
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:38 pm

How about this for JFK: Turn the Flight Center into a Lounge, and while we're at it, the Theme Building in LAX is up for grabs.

The coolest lounges in the world.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, National EE
Originally Posted by lovethoselegs
They have already left most of us out in the cold... A useless lounge wouldn't really help anyone. A lounge before security would really only be helpful for arrivals.
Not true at least at LGA. I frequently use the pre-security Air Canada lounge flying United. With Pre-Check, leaving the lounge 30 minutes before departure is more than enough (I often get to the gate right when they start boarding). Also I frequently go to lounges to grab some snacks for the flight. Doesn't really matter whether I do it before security or after.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 9:25 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
There is a large space with big windows a level up from the current UA lounge in the central terminal at LGA where, the last time I was in an aircraft taxiing past, it looked like there was some construction going on. I assume that is where the Centurion Lounge is going. It actually looks like a nice space; no idea what used to be there or why it has been apparently vacant given how cramped the terminal is otherwise.

Given that UA's LGA lounge is already landside, and CO's used to be, and AA's lounge doesn't serve some of their LGA customers without forcing people to reclear security, this is a reasonably competitive location at LGA. With plans to tear down the central terminal (in phases) sometime soon-ish in the works, this lounge is best thought of as temporary anyway. Hopefully some thought goes into the replacement terminal and the various piers are connected after security, with all lounges airside.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Will be curious to see how this works. Vegas and DFW both easily allow for flying on any airline to access the lounge. Will be interesting to see if that will be practically possible at an airport like lGA.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by cfabar1
Will be curious to see how this works. Vegas and DFW both easily allow for flying on any airline to access the lounge. Will be interesting to see if that will be practically possible at an airport like lGA.
Assuming it's pre-security in Central Terminal, it will offer easy access for everyone not flying DL or US flights (and it's unknown what will happen post-merger on those). Since there are two DL SkyClubs, no real need for access for DL passengers so would mean that everyone (except US and DL Shuttle, but DL shuttle area is sort of lounge-like already) traveling through LGA will have access to a lounge.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 6:20 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
LGA lounge is set to be pre-security in the main terminal not airside
Another plus for not having one airside in LGA, is that AA pax flying out of "C" gates (in central terminal) will now have a lounge, currently only "D" gate pax could access the Admirals Club.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Any updates on noticing for this?
Old Jun 6, 2014, 6:47 am

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Centurion Lounge SFO [Future]

LGA? Hopefully PP does something about the lack of t1 lounges
Old Jun 6, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
Any word on when this lounge maybe open? Has work started? I'll be flying into LGA in August and would be great to have a good lounge to use with my amex plat.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 11:29 am

A new Centurion Lounge is also opening at San Francisco (Concourse F, served by United Airlines) this summer. SFO’s inter-terminal train is located groundside and requires passengers to clear security again when moving between terminals. However, there an airside corridor connects Concourse F to some international departures in Concourse G. A fourth lounge at New York-LaGuardia does not yet have an opening date, but it will be located before security due to the absence of easy connections between gates.
http://www.loungebuddy.com/american-...-lounge-guide/

The clubs won't cover their costs, but the company says it only wants them to be selling points for credit cards. AmEx is targeting airports that have high volumes of traffic among its cardholders. Centurion Lounges at New York's LaGuardia Airport and San Francisco International will probably open in late summer or early fall, spokeswoman Sravanthi Agrawal said, and more are planned.
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...21173460547170

I'm an AA flyer that lives 15 minutes from LGA, I'm excited to see the space.If they don't require a boarding pass (which they did ask me for at DFW) it's time for free lunch!
Old Jun 6, 2014, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'm just hoping that the LGA lounge will be open by Labor Day which is the next time I'll be up there.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 6:12 am

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
Was just up there going to maple leaf lounge... Took some pics.. Far from done
Old Jun 13, 2014, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by rpk113
Was just up there going to maple leaf lounge... Took some pics.. Far from done
Can you post said pics? Thanks.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
Originally Posted by justdoinjjs
Can you post said pics? Thanks.
Once I figure it out, of course!

EDIT:

Last edited by rpk113; Jun 15, 2014 at 7:06 pm Reason: figured it out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.