Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2016, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jsk1973
Have you been in an AA, DL, or UA lounge recently?
Fair - that's why I said it would be my lounge of choice. My point was not intended to be that it's not better than those, more that it hasn't lived up to the hype I've heard over the last couple of years.
Old May 16, 2016, 5:42 pm
Suspended

OK. I was just curious if you had access to others. Most people who spend time in the airline lounges seem to see the Centurion lounges as being way better, but I can see how the latter could still be overhyped.
Old May 27, 2016, 5:46 pm

My dad who lives in Ohio will be flying in from Asia and having a layover in SFO. He doesn't know I have this access yet, but I am guesting him next week. To do so, I had to buy a refundable ticket on southwest...hope this works.

It'll be a pleasant surprise for him after a 13 hour trip, in which he can have a nice meal, cold drink, and a place to shower before his next flight.
Old May 29, 2016, 12:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by mdosu
My dad who lives in Ohio will be flying in from Asia and having a layover in SFO. He doesn't know I have this access yet, but I am guesting him next week. To do so, I had to buy a refundable ticket on southwest...hope this works.

It'll be a pleasant surprise for him after a 13 hour trip, in which he can have a nice meal, cold drink, and a place to shower before his next flight.
Do you really want it to be surprise for him? He might not have a post-shower change of clothes handy if he's not expecting this.
Old May 30, 2016, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by dhuey
Do you really want it to be surprise for him? He might not have a post-shower change of clothes handy if he's not expecting this.
haha, you make it sound like it's a burden to go into the lounge.
The shower is totally up to him. I just want him to be comfy and fed during his 4 hour layover at SFO
Old Jun 1, 2016, 2:42 pm

I was in the SFO Lounge earlier today between 10AM - 12PM

The lounge was about 80% full when I arrived. Requested for a shower and it was a 30 minute waitlist. All dining room tables were taken, but there were about 8 seats in the 2nd room at either the long table or sofa chairs.

Breakfast was the standard fare most people have reported:
Fruit bar
Waffles
Chicken Sausage
Quiche

Lunch:
Braised Pork
Asparagus Salad
Steamed Broccoli florets
Mozzarella balls
Olive Tapenade
Salad bar
bread

The Good:
The waffles were perfectly cooked. The batter is creamy and sweet.

The Bad:
I was quite disappointed with the pork: dry, and very salty. The quality of the cut was very good, but the execution was poor. Basically with a lean cut that they used, they needed to braise it longer and provide it with gravy.

Foot traffic started to pick up significantly by noon when I left.

Last edited by mdosu; Jun 1, 2016 at 2:48 pm
Old Jun 1, 2016, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by mdosu
I was in the SFO Lounge earlier today between 10AM - 12PM

The lounge was about 80% full when I arrived. Requested for a shower and it was a 30 minute waitlist. All dining room tables were taken, but there were about 8 seats in the 2nd room at either the long table or sofa chairs.

Breakfast was the standard fare most people have reported:
Fruit bar
Waffles
Chicken Sausage
Quiche

Lunch:
Braised Pork
Asparagus Salad
Steamed Broccoli florets
Mozzarella balls
Olive Tapenade
Salad bar
bread

The Good:
The waffles were perfectly cooked. The batter is creamy and sweet.

The Bad:
I was quite disappointed with the pork: dry, and very salty. The quality of the cut was very good, but the execution was poor. Basically with a lean cut that they used, they needed to braise it longer and provide it with gravy.

Foot traffic started to pick up significantly by noon when I left.
I was in there at 3:15pm on May 31. Food was as you described. I found everything that was to be hot, luke warm and the pork unedible. Very fatty also. There was one bartender and it took forever to get a glass of wine. Seating very limited. I've been to all the Centurion lounges in the US and this one was not impressive.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 9:11 pm

Just there an hour ago - wife and I both agreed pork not dry.

Also noticed some sort of functionary in the kitchen sampling pork. As in taking a bite and pausing to think about the taste. I suspect they read Flyertalk.

BTW - what's with the pork all the time? In my experience, airlines shy away from pork due to Muslim and Jewish sensibilities. Making it the only meat served is kind of strange.

Originally Posted by cruisr
I was in there at 3:15pm on May 31. Food was as you described. I found everything that was to be hot, luke warm and the pork unedible. Very fatty also. There was one bartender and it took forever to get a glass of wine. Seating very limited. I've been to all the Centurion lounges in the US and this one was not impressive.

Last edited by mia; Jun 4, 2016 at 3:53 am Reason: Formatting
Old Jun 6, 2016, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by BigFlyer
Just there an hour ago - wife and I both agreed pork not dry.

Also noticed some sort of functionary in the kitchen sampling pork. As in taking a bite and pausing to think about the taste. I suspect they read Flyertalk.

BTW - what's with the pork all the time? In my experience, airlines shy away from pork due to Muslim and Jewish sensibilities. Making it the only meat served is kind of strange.
So your pork was not dry? Interesting. Some type of quality control is in the works.

I agree with you, pork and beef are not internationally accepted. I thought lamb was more common recently? Chicken and lamb will have higher take rates.

I'm visiting the lounge again this Friday. We'll see what's served.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 11:18 pm

Today was my second visit to lounge. I was there between 730 and 830 am.

Food were:
Quiche
Pancakes
Sausage
Fruit bar
Croissant
Scrambled eggs

The main Expresso machine was be serviced for a good 20 mins and the 2nd one was completely out of service. Didn't get my cappuccino. Food was excellent though, but the lounge was pretty much at capacity.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Le Meridien & Illy Promo

I was in the lounge on the 7th and they had a great promo going on with Le Meridien and Illy coffee (and some tasty eclairs), it was pretty sweet, they had an amazing barista in there!
Attached Images     
Old Jun 13, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by popoemt
I was in the lounge on the 7th and they had a great promo going on with Le Meridien and Illy coffee (and some tasty eclairs), it was pretty sweet, they had an amazing barista in there!
Nice!! (lucky $%#&@!)
Old Jun 14, 2016, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Nice!! (lucky $%#&@!)
Ehhhh, I heard you were busy mingling in the Polaris... I mean GF lounge...
Old Jun 15, 2016, 7:55 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by popoemt
Ehhhh, I heard you were busy mingling in the Polaris... I mean GF lounge...
haha. I mostly prefer the CL anyway...
BTW did you happen to notice the latest beers on tap?
Old Jun 18, 2016, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
haha. I mostly prefer the CL anyway...
BTW did you happen to notice the latest beers on tap?
I did not notice (although as I type I'm thinking I saw Racer 5?)...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.