Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by mia
-OR- if he was hired only for the startup splash, and it was never intended that he would be there longer?
I just got here, and talked with the check-in lady and asked about the new chef and whatnot, she said they were going to bring in the LaGuardia chef and his menu until they can hire they're very own SFO Centurion chef.

On another note, they do have the pork still, but added a chicken!
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by djtsukasa
Soooo. No more of the pork shoulder? I've been there like 5 times and it's been the same set of food every single time. It's not bad, I actually found it tasty but would've liked some variety there. I wonder who's coming in, or if he chose to leave on his own or got the boot?
The lack of rotation is standard for Centurion Lounges. Dallas took about 6 months to add new items.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
The lack of rotation is standard for Centurion Lounges. Dallas took about 6 months to add new items.
Could've sworn there was more variety at either LAS or LGA... might be mistaken.

But, SFO has started adding already so I guess it was fast?
Old Feb 24, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat 100, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
New things I noticed on my last visit, Turkey Sausage and some cut fruits for breakfast and small sandwiches for lunch. Haven't tried the chicken yet but good to know they are adding more.

I think variety and a seasonal rotation would be good. I hope the food quality stays the same despite new chefs.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by tsolin01
New things I noticed on my last visit, Turkey Sausage and some cut fruits for breakfast and small sandwiches for lunch. Haven't tried the chicken yet but good to know they are adding more.

I think variety and a seasonal rotation would be good. I hope the food quality stays the same despite new chefs.
Agreed. I didn't see the sausage, but then again I wasn't there for breakfast. I actually liked the chicken!
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:37 pm

Breakfast this morning: Turkey sausage, along with a selection of melon, greek yogurt, and granola. Steamed egg, rice, blueberry muffins, bialys and cranberry bread were also available.

The word from the chef on duty - new menu will start up next week, and will feature expanded variety.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by a330300
Breakfast this morning: Turkey sausage, along with a selection of melon, greek yogurt, and granola. Steamed egg, rice, blueberry muffins, bialys and cranberry bread were also available.

The word from the chef on duty - new menu will start up next week, and will feature expanded variety.
Will be there again in a few hours so will report back! Although I doubt anything changed in 2 days....
Old Mar 1, 2015, 12:47 pm

What provision of the terms and conditions would this violate? The terms and conditions say:

To access The Centurion Lounge, the Card Member must present The Centurion Lounge agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Card, a boarding pass showing a confirmed reservation for same-day travel on any carrier and a government-issued I.D.

http://thecenturionlounge.com/info/terms

I suppose if one were worried it would be best to not buy the refundable ticket on an Amex card.

Originally Posted by cmd320
Of course there's always the refundable ticket method wherein you purchase a fully refundable ticket on UA, print your BP to clear security and get to the lounge where you proceed to immediately cancel and refund the ticket. This is against the terms and conditions but doing it once or twice I doubt would raise any questions.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
What provision of the terms and conditions would this violate? The terms and conditions say:

To access The Centurion Lounge, the Card Member must present The Centurion Lounge agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Card, a boarding pass showing a confirmed reservation for same-day travel on any carrier and a government-issued I.D.

http://thecenturionlounge.com/info/terms

I suppose if one were worried it would be best to not buy the refundable ticket on an Amex card.
Doesn't violate any of the Amex T&Cs. But it would definitely be an issue with the airline if this were done repeatedly.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I'd welcome advice from SFO CL regulars on the value proposition of using the lounge for a fee during a future SFO layover.

I'll have a 5+ hour connection on United arriving from LHR in he early afternoon, and continuing on to YVR in the early evening.

The Arrivals by United lounge closes before our LHR flight is due in, so having a shower suite, meal and a few cocktails sounds nicer than hanging out in the United Club.

But since we only have Gold Amex cards, the cost would be $100, if I read the rules right.

Thoughts?
Old Mar 6, 2015, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by transportprof
But since we only have Gold Amex cards, the cost would be $100, if I read the rules right.
That's correct. In my opinion, it really comes down to how much you value the shower, and how much you're planning to eat and drink. Personally, I place a pretty high value on the ability to shower between flights, and would probably pay the $50 fee to enter. I feel like over the course of 5 hours, I would have plenty of time to have a decent number of beverages and plenty of food, so it would probably be worth it. For two people in the terminal, depending on how much you have to eat and drink, you'll probably easily be able to spend $60-70.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 10:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by transportprof
The Arrivals by United lounge closes before our LHR flight is due in, so having a shower suite, meal and a few cocktails sounds nicer than hanging out in the United Club.
5 hours is plenty of time, but be aware that this lounge only has one shower suite. So you might not get in immediately upon arrival. Not trying to discourage, just an FYI.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 4:52 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by a330300
This is really good to hear. I have a few trips planned there in the next couple weeks. When I first went to the lounge, I was really excited to eat that delicious pork and pumpkin for lunch. Then... I realized... they would be feeding us that for like 3 months straight. I care less about the repetition of the breakfast, but it's still annoying to see those darn omelette / bak choy plates every day!
Old Mar 10, 2015, 6:37 pm

So, I got to try the new stuff. I see the menu is now posted, so here's my review:
- fried chicken with a honey lemongrass glaze--different pieces for those who like dark or white meat; it was very tender, not greasy, and quite tasty
- udon noodles with a few toppings you could add--I didn't try these
- ginger rice--subtly flavored and pleasant
- roasted Brussels sprouts with pistachios and basil--these were delicious, but I then, I love sprouts
- roasted winter vegetables--these appeared after I was done, so I didn't try them or investigate too closely
- tiny salad bar--mesclun greens, carrots, onion, cabbage, cucumber, and a couple different vinagraittes--raspberry (didn't try) and "honey," which didn't taste like much--might have needed stirring; salad greens were fresh and good, though
- crostini with mozzarella and a lemon vinaigrette--these were good
- chocolate mousse with mint leaves (and a powdery white substance that is the mortal enemy of black pants--you've been warned)--this was enjoyable
- chocolate chip cookies--these were just OK, IMO

I wasn't there for breakfast, so I can't speak to that. on. I was there well into the lunch/ dinner period, but the roasted vegetables didn't appear until I'd been there a while. Also, they had some toppings that looked like they might go with make-your-own-tacos, but didn't have anything to do with what was currently there (like guacamole and cheese). Apparently these were meant to go with the rice!

I didn't see any sandwiches or snacky items, just the bowls of fruit scattered around the lounge and the one cookie.

Last edited by fwoomp; Mar 10, 2015 at 6:46 pm
Old Mar 10, 2015, 6:43 pm

definitely sounds like something I should try on my next trip through SFO-I assume that this was instead of the old stuff? IIRC the menu only rotates between breakfast and lunch/dinner, and in your case, it may have been that they ran out of the veggies and were making more when you were there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.