Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade offer UK Gold to Platinum?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2013, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Upgrade offer UK Gold to Platinum?

Hello all,
If I wanted to upgrade my UK gold amex to platinum, do they offer any incentive or bonus?

Any help would be great.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:34 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, CX Gold, LeAccor Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold, SPG Gold
I asked them the same question and they wouldn't offer anything. After a couple of attempts, one of the CSRs even suggested I cancelled my Gold, waited 6 months and then applied for the Platinum.

Clearly the 6 months of Platinum fees / transaction charges not worth having!
Old Dec 21, 2013, 10:32 pm

There is a 15,000 MR bonus for upgrading to from UK Gold to Platinum at the moment which sounds like exactly what you are after:http://www.americanexpress.com/uk/upgradetoplatinum/
Old Dec 21, 2013, 11:57 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by FormalHall
There is a 15,000 MR bonus for upgrading to from UK Gold to Platinum at the moment which sounds like exactly what you are after:http://www.americanexpress.com/uk/upgradetoplatinum/
Interesting~ Do you know when this offer was made available? I just had the same scenario last week when my Gold Card was up for renewal and asked if I could upgrade to Platinum (of course I wanted some incentives), but didn't get anything.... as OP mentioned.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 1:17 am

No indication of start or finish date for this promotion, Raffles provides the details on his blog:

amex-points-for-upgrading-your-gold-to-platinum-worth-it
Old Nov 22, 2014, 6:28 pm

Programs: BA, virgin atlantic
Do you have to wait 60 days once you have spent £1k?

Thanks
Old Nov 23, 2014, 11:43 pm

The bonus posts immediately upon fulfilling the spend criteria.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 3:46 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by LDNConsultant
Interesting~ Do you know when this offer was made available? I just had the same scenario last week when my Gold Card was up for renewal and asked if I could upgrade to Platinum (of course I wanted some incentives), but didn't get anything.... as OP mentioned.
That offer has been running since before Jan 2014. I know that because I did a posting on my blog about it then, and I noted that it had been running for a few months at that time.

http://www.goingonrewards.com/2014/0...inum-card.html

I'd suggest you go back to them and ask them to give you the 15k points. They should have a note on your account of your call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.