Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Canada: transfer MR to another person's Aeroplan account?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Canada: transfer MR to another person's Aeroplan account?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:01 am

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by Shareholder
I know the answer is buried somewhere in the past but my search hasn't turned it up, so here goes:

Can I transfer my MRs into another person's airline account?
ETA: I need more coffee, or to look at all the info. Thanks MIA
Until last week, yes no problem at all. Now you can only if that person's FF account was previously linked to your AMEX account, or if they are an authorized user.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:03 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by KennyBSAT
Until last week
Note that Shareholder's card account is issued in Canada, and the USA rule change has no effect whatsoever.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 6:36 pm

What's good reason to ask the rep to delink my existing aeroplan account off my profile
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by usepointstofly
What's good reason to ask the rep to delink my existing aeroplan account off my profile
Not sure you need a reason, but it is possible to inadvertently have more than one AP#. You're just correcting the info you previous entered.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 4:19 am

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by Youponder
Not sure you need a reason, but it is possible to inadvertently have more than one AP#. You're just correcting the info you previous entered.
Absolutely. Just tell them you emptied out your 'older' Aeroplan account, which your MR account is tied into, and that you've now got a newer AP account.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 8:32 am

Not sure if this has been asked/answered here but if we apply for a new AMEX aeroplan (Canada) does the AP# used in application have to be the one registered to the person getting the card? Or can it be linked to the spouse's card? Have been collecting the majority of miles in one account (spouses).
Thank you.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by jack1
Not sure if this has been asked/answered here but if we apply for a new AMEX aeroplan (Canada) does the AP# used in application have to be the one registered to the person getting the card? Or can it be linked to the spouse's card? Have been collecting the majority of miles in one account (spouses).
Thank you.
Nope, from people's replies, looks like it can be ANYONE's Aeroplan # as AMEX doesn't check
Old Sep 14, 2014, 1:14 am

When I try transferring points out to aeroplan to someone elses account. I am unable to change the name of the person who I am sending to. So if I want to send to Jacks account but my name is George will I be able to send to Jacks account?
Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by gutfeeling
When I try transferring points out to aeroplan to someone elses account. I am unable to change the name of the person who I am sending to. So if I want to send to Jacks account but my name is George will I be able to send to Jacks account?
I have done just that with no issues as recently as last week.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Diamond, Hyatt Plat, AA Plat, SPG Plat/Lifetime Plat, Amex Plat / PRG, DClub
Just did a transfer now from Canadian Amex card to my Aeroplan account. The names did not match. Instantaneous, no issues.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 8:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
bumping an old thread. Does anyone know if this still works? I know they don't allow it anymore in the US but do they still allow it in Canada?
Old Jun 14, 2016, 7:50 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by martyYYZ
bumping an old thread. Does anyone know if this still works? I know they don't allow it anymore in the US but do they still allow it in Canada?
Yes, it still works.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 7:40 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nabeelj
Yes, it still works.
Thanks, I tried it and it worked fine
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:48 pm

Hi all. I called amex as I heard I can transfer from main account holder to authorized/supplementary card holder - spoke to two amex reps and they both said this is not possible.

I need to top up two two separate accounts - what is my best bet here? Removing link to original account and then linking account #2 online. Once complete removing this link and then adding account 3 online? Will that raise red flags? Need to complete this within a week.

Tha ks
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by tush17
Hi all. I called amex as I heard I can transfer from main account holder to authorized/supplementary card holder - spoke to two amex reps and they both said this is not possible.

I need to top up two two separate accounts - what is my best bet here? Removing link to original account and then linking account #2 online. Once complete removing this link and then adding account 3 online? Will that raise red flags? Need to complete this within a week.

Tha ks
Please post if you were successful in doing this. I have Amex (Canada) and am thinking of transferring some MR to my wife's AP this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.