Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aSiAnRiCk
See also this thread: Automating AmEx Sync registration

Wiki to track Amex Sync credit. Some merchants seem to have Amex Sync cash back post in 2 business days.

Posted:
Amazon Purchase 12/4 Credit: 2 days
Best Buy Purchase: 12/27 Credit: 2 days
Sprouts (in store) Purchase 11/30 Credit: 2 days
Zappo's Purchase 12/5 Credit: 2 days
Kohl's (in store) purchase 12/20 Credit: 2 days
BP (at station) purchase 12/8 Credit: 2 days
Lowe's (in store) purchase 3/28/15, credit: 2 days
Target in store $30 back on $100+ spend, 6/20/15: 2 days
BJ's in store purchase 7/25/15 Credit: 1 day

Still waiting for credit
Sony (in store) Purchase: 12/24 Credit: Not posted
Forever 21 (in store) Purchase: 12/24 Credit: Not posted
AMC Theaters (in store) Purchase: 11/28 Credit: Not posted
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:56 am

Programs: DL DI AA LTPL MAR LTPL HY GL
Several new amex offers this morning:

Smith & Wollensky
#AmexSW

Get a one-time $30 statement credit by using your connected Card to make a single purchase of $150 or more at Smith & Wollensky in-restaurant by 10/31/15.
Offer not valid at NYC location. Not valid on online purchases. Valid in-restaurant only. Valid at any participating location in the US.

Mark & Graham
#AmexMarkGraham

Get a one-time $10 statement credit by using your connected Card to spend a total of $50 or more online only at markandgraham.com by 9/15/15.
Valid online only. Not valid for e-gift card purchases. Excludes Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PB Teen, Williams-Sonoma, Williams-Sonoma Home, West Elm, Rejuvenation. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent until after 9/15/2015, it may not count towards determining whether the purchase qualifies for the offer. Enrollment limited.

Henri Bendel
#AmexHenriBendel

Get a one-time $50 statement credit by using your connected Card to spend a total of $200 or more in-store or online at Henri Bendel by 9/2/15
Valid in-store and online. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent until after 9/2/2015, it may not count towards determining whether the purchase qualifies for the offer. Excludes Frederick Fekkai Hair Salon.

Pottery Barn Kids and PBteen
#AmexPBKids

Get a one-time $10 statement credit by using your connected Card to spend a total of $50 or more at Pottery Barn Kids or PB Teen in store or online by 9/15/15
Valid in-store and online. Valid at any participating location in the US. Not valid at outlet locations. Excludes Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonoma, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, West Elm, Mark & Graham. Not valid for e-gift card purchases. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent until after 9/15/2015, it may not count towards determining whether the purchase qualifies for the offer. Enrollment limited.

Pottery Barn
#AmexPotteryBarn

Get a one-time $10 statement credit by using your connected Card to spend a total of $50 or more at Pottery Barn in store or online by 9/15/15
Valid in-store and online. Valid at any participating location in the US. Not valid at outlet locations. Excludes Pottery Barn Kids, PB Teen, Williams-Sonoma, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, West Elm, Mark & Graham. Not valid for e-gift card purchases. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent until after 9/15/2015, it may not count towards determining whether the purchase qualifies for the offer. Enrollment limited.

West Elm
#AmexWestElm

Get a one-time $10 statement credit by using your connected Card to spend a total of $50 or more at West Elm in store or online by 9/15/15
Valid in-store and online. Valid at any participating location in the US. Not valid at outlet locations. Excludes Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PB Teen, Williams-Sonoma, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, Mark & Graham. Not valid for e-gift card purchases. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent until after 9/15/2015, it may not count towards determining whether the purchase qualifies for the offer. Enrollment limited.

Williams-Sonoma
#AmexWS

Get a one-time $10 statement credit by using your connected Card to spend a total of $50 or more in-store at Williams-Sonoma or online at williams-sonoma.com by 9/15/15.
Valid in-store and online. Not valid at outlet locations. Valid at any participating location in the US. Not valid for e-gift card purchases. Williams-Sonoma Wine purchases are excluded. Excludes Pottery Barn, PB Kids/Teen, Rejuvenation, West Elm, Mark & Graham. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent until after 9/15/2015, it may not count towards determining whether the purchase qualifies for the offer. Enrollment limited.

Yelp Eat24
#AmexYelpEat24

Get a one-time $5 statement credit by using your connected Card to make a single purchase of $25 or more online at Yelp Eat24 by 9/30/2015.
Offer valid at eat24.com. Orders paid for in-restaurant are excluded. Only orders placed with and paid for through Eat24 are included. See merchant website for delivery availability in your market. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent until after 9/30/2015, it may not count towards determining whether the purchase qualifies for the offer. Enrollment limited.

Reebok.com
#AmexReebok

Get a one-time $25 statement credit by using your connected Card to spend a total of $100 or more online at reebok.com by 10/3/15
Offer valid at www.reebok.com. Not valid in-store. Excludes gift card purchases. Excludes shopcrossfitreebok.com, reebokseries.com, and reebokfitness.com. Excludes Reebok Vacations. See merchant website for shipping policy. Some merchants may not ship to all areas. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent until after 10/3/2015, it may not count towards determining whether the purchase qualifies for the offer.

Diapers.com
#AmexDiapers

Get a one-time $10 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $50 or more on qualifying purchases at diapers.com and family of brands by 9/30/2015.
Offer valid on a qualifying purchase at diapers.com and family of brands: wag.com, soap.com, yoyo.com, beautybar.com, afterschool.com, vinemarket.com, look.com and casa.com. Purchases consisting solely of gift cards are not considered qualifying purchases and are not eligible for the offer. In order to count as a qualifying purchase for the offer, any purchase that contains gift cards must also include other items. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent until after 9/30/2015, it may not count towards determining whether the purchase qualifies for the offer.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 8:21 am

If you are not a BJ's member and use one of their 1-day shopping passes, do you have to pay the 15% surcharge on Visa cards?
Old Aug 4, 2015, 7:10 pm
fet

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, UA, AS, DL, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Has anyone else had issues using their AMEX cards to order from walmart.com? My husband and I each have targeted cards. We have had 6 attempts at placing orders online cancelled. In each case, AMEX has approved the charge and Walmart subsequently cancels it. Walmart gives no explanation, nor are they helpful in any way. I thought I would call and order, but the Ts and Cs say: Valid online only. Excludes phone orders.
It is their system just really weird. Try to use different IP (incognito mode) and do not use the same log-in.
Another way of doing it is to get one card every other day.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:28 pm

Activation of Gift of Membership cards is needed

I would warn anyone who is purchasing the $45 gift of membership cards (which I am told are gift cards) that what you receive does not function without something called
"activation". I tried to make purchases today at Sam's Club and they could not be used there because they were not "activated."

None of the three customer service reps on duty seemed to know why there were not activated, and were very insistent that the only way they could be used was to get a membership.

Does anyone know what the activation process on the $45 gift of memberships cards is?

There does appear to be a place on the web site to check values which states they can be activated by entering an activation code, but does not reveal where to get this code.

A phone call to the number get a general CSR who can take a ticket and is under the impression that the gift card department can activate them for you, but seems to have no knowledge of what the activation process is.

I purchased a number of them on line, but when I tried to use them at Sam's Club I was told they were not activated. No one at the Service Desk knew why they were not activated
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:53 pm

Programs: Brooks Beta Runner
Amex offer (8/5/15) 6000 MR points for $400 dollars at Saks Fifth Ave

Noticed this in my offers today (I have a PRG). Needs to be purchased directly from Saks or the website, and can't be the outlet.

A little rich for my blood, but counting the 1MR/$ that you get for buying the stuff, you get a total earn rate of 16MR/$.

I wish that more of the offers were for MR's instead of statement credits.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 5:07 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Mrpinkca
Noticed this in my offers today (I have a PRG). Needs to be purchased directly from Saks or the website, and can't be the outlet.
It's been around for a couple of weeks now...some folks originally had issues adding adding the offer to their cards, but seems fixed.

Originally Posted by Mrpinkca
A little rich for my blood, but counting the 1MR/$ that you get for buying the stuff, you get a total earn rate of 16MR/$.

I wish that more of the offers were for MR's instead of statement credits.
I've only had a card with MR for about a year...have there been many/any Sync offers in the past where it's been for MRs instead of $ credit?
Old Aug 6, 2015, 6:29 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by JY1024
I've only had a card with MR for about a year...have there been many/any Sync offers in the past where it's been for MRs instead of $ credit?
I've only seen it on our business gold card. Then, again, it wouldn't make sense to have it on the Starwood/Hilton/Delta cards as you earn their currency, not Membership Reward points.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Aug 6, 2015 at 6:42 pm
Old Aug 6, 2015, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ed765
I would warn anyone who is purchasing the $45 gift of membership cards (which I am told are gift cards) that what you receive does not function without something called
"activation". I tried to make purchases today at Sam's Club and they could not be used there because they were not "activated."

None of the three customer service reps on duty seemed to know why there were not activated, and were very insistent that the only way they could be used was to get a membership.

Does anyone know what the activation process on the $45 gift of memberships cards is?

There does appear to be a place on the web site to check values which states they can be activated by entering an activation code, but does not reveal where to get this code.

A phone call to the number get a general CSR who can take a ticket and is under the impression that the gift card department can activate them for you, but seems to have no knowledge of what the activation process is.

I purchased a number of them on line, but when I tried to use them at Sam's Club I was told they were not activated. No one at the Service Desk knew why they were not activated
Old old news.

Only $20 gift card which WalMart/Sam's no longer sell, are preactivated. ALL other WalMart/Sam's Gift Cards above $20 require activation.

You should receive an email on EACH card shipped, that contains an activation link to activate the card via the link. The activation code is the digits appended to the emailed link. However you do NOT enter such code anywhere on the website to activate it - the emailed link supposedly do that for you when you CLICK on it.

There are TWO emails sent when a card is shipped. One is to inform you the card is shipped, the other one is to tell you to activate the card thru the activation link in said email. I hope you have not deleted said email without reading it.

Unfortunately WalMart has some issues in June/July to correctly activate its gift cards. Though such issues should have been fixed several weeks ago.

If your cards are not activated, the ONLY way is to call and open a ticket on EACH non-activated card. Not every CSR is knowledgeable, but over 70% know what to do - that is, open a ticket, and escalate the issue if the ticket has been opened a few days and problem still unresolved. Basically you are in line with many other affected customers and the squeaky wheels got oiled first.

Dont waste your time at the physical stores - they do not deal with any online order.

Lots of discussion on the activation issue in this thread on Slickdeal site.

Go read posts around June/July to learn more.

http://slickdeals.net/f/7833341-amer...59#commentsBox

Last edited by Happy; Aug 6, 2015 at 9:05 pm
Old Aug 7, 2015, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I've only seen it on our business gold card. Then, again, it wouldn't make sense to have it on the Starwood/Hilton/Delta cards as you earn their currency, not Membership Reward points.
Same - pre Saks, I've only seen 2x MRs for ONLINE purchases to nemanmarcus.com, potterbarn.com, couple others. And thats on a Biz/OPEN Platinum.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 5:16 pm

I had a few 2x MR on my old Optima card recently, IIRC. Can't recall all of them but I know homedepot.com was one of them
Old Aug 8, 2015, 7:00 pm

does the walmart vanilla visa card work at target as a debit with pin to load redbird ??
Old Aug 10, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Last week I did 3 $100 charges at BJ's on 8/5 and had my $90 in credit on 8/7.

This week I have 4 more $250 Staples/Home Depot get $75 back on my Delta Business card. I want to get a grill with some of this. May just buy gift cards now so I can wait for clearance season to hit my local stores.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Carrabra's and Chilli's

For those of you there are Carrabra's, Bonefish and Outback in your towns, the $10 credit on $25 spent at Carrabra's is a sweet deal when you buy the Carrabra's GC at the restaurant, then the GC can be used at all 4 brands owned by the same company, especially when there are also $ off coupons available.

2 weekends ago there was a $10 off dinner and a $5 off lunch Bonefish coupon page in Sunday newspaper inserts. Using the Carrabra's $25 gift card and the Bonefish coupon, you save $30 on a dinner at Bonefish. A very good saving.

I have seen $ or % off coupons from Carrabra's, Bonefish and Outback from time to time. Good to double-dip.

While Chilli's may not sound appetizing, their revamped menu now has a Tex-Mex section that the dishes are reasonably good especially for those of us no longer live in Texas to satisfy the craving for Tex-Mex foods. The offer is $10 credit on $30 spend, so only 30% off but still a good offer.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: AA, SPG, HERTZ, BA, UA, CO, JB
Anyone tried the $50 or $75 off $300 in Air Travel yet buying gift cards? If so, what is the result?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:57 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by flyerwanabe1
Anyone tried the $50 or $75 off $300 in Air Travel yet buying gift cards?
Yes, see post 641.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.