Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aSiAnRiCk
See also this thread: Automating AmEx Sync registration

Wiki to track Amex Sync credit. Some merchants seem to have Amex Sync cash back post in 2 business days.

Posted:
Amazon Purchase 12/4 Credit: 2 days
Best Buy Purchase: 12/27 Credit: 2 days
Sprouts (in store) Purchase 11/30 Credit: 2 days
Zappo's Purchase 12/5 Credit: 2 days
Kohl's (in store) purchase 12/20 Credit: 2 days
BP (at station) purchase 12/8 Credit: 2 days
Lowe's (in store) purchase 3/28/15, credit: 2 days
Target in store $30 back on $100+ spend, 6/20/15: 2 days
BJ's in store purchase 7/25/15 Credit: 1 day

Still waiting for credit
Sony (in store) Purchase: 12/24 Credit: Not posted
Forever 21 (in store) Purchase: 12/24 Credit: Not posted
AMC Theaters (in store) Purchase: 11/28 Credit: Not posted
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Old Sep 16, 2014, 9:47 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
in the past walmart sync has worked with visa gift cards even though it was excluded in the fine print
Old Sep 16, 2014, 9:54 am

TCB and mrrebates portals are also giving 4% CB to wmdotcom purchases so that's an added perk
Old Sep 16, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
Originally Posted by wmonty67
1) Buy WM GC's (33% off + CC rewards)
2) spend normally or buy OV's at SAM's club

how's that not MS?
You can use the Walmart GC to purchase another GC? This is news to me! If that's true, then i'll need to get on this!
Old Sep 16, 2014, 12:54 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

A thread from the Manufactured Spending forum has been merged into this discussion of the Wal-Mart $5 off offer. The squabble about whether this offer constitutes "manufactured" spending is now moot. Some redundant and duplicate posts have been removed.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
TCB and mrrebates portals are also giving 4% CB to wmdotcom purchases so that's an added perk

According to the T&C on TCB for WM:

"Please note; cash back is not eligible on the purchase of gift cards, cellular purchases, prepaid phone cards, Sam's Club, pharmacy, travel, financial services, tires, optical and Wal-Mart Connect Internet Service."

This language is consistent with other portals such as the United.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 1:55 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by fluffyCat
According to the T&C on TCB for WM:

"Please note; cash back is not eligible on the purchase of gift cards, cellular purchases, prepaid phone cards, Sam's Club, pharmacy, travel, financial services, tires, optical and Wal-Mart Connect Internet Service."

This language is consistent with other portals such as the United.
I checked with about 5 portals and all had language saying no points (or cash back) on gift cards.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier Plat, Hertz 5*, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ftomasze
Amex sync is offering $5 off $15 WM.COM purchases. The T&C exclude "gift card reloads and prepaid cards," however I purchased a $25 restaurant gift card and received the e-mail confirmation thanking me for using my enrolled card. For giggles I clicked through the Southwest RR portal to see if the purchase would track. Happy GC buying.
I know that it's not valid for store purchases. But what if I purchase something on-line and pick up in store?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:29 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by eddie1973
I know that it's not valid for store purchases. But what if I purchase something on-line and pick up in store?
Has worked for me. YMMV
Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by eddie1973
it'll still post as an online purchase because they're usually charged to your CC before you get confirmation of order.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:51 am
mia

Staples.com $15/$100

Two of our cards have this offer:

Get a one-time $15 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $100 or more online at Staples.com by 9/30/2014.

TERMS
Offer valid online only at Staples.com. In store transactions are excluded. E-Gift Cards that are sent directly to recipient's email address are not included. Quill, Smilemaker, Staples Business Advantage, Staples Toner Services, Staples Technology Solutions, Staples Promotional Products, Staples Print Solutions, Staples Contract and Commercial, Staples Simplexity and international purchases are excluded from offer. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent to you until after 9/30/14, it may not count towards determining whether your purchase qualifies for the offer. Enrollment is limited. Offer is non-transferable. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express online account. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 9/30/14, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. POID: BJFC:0001
Old Sep 23, 2014, 9:04 am
mia

Seasons 52 $10/$50

Three of our cards have this offer. I successfully stacked one with a $20 Seasons 52 coupon, for a $30 savings.

Get a one-time $10 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $50 or more in-restaurant at Seasons 52 by 11/23/2014.

TERMS
Online purchases are excluded. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not provided to you until after 11/23/14, it will not count towards determining whether your purchase qualifies for the offer. Enrollment limited. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 11/23/14, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. POID: BIMU:0001
Old Sep 25, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Be sure to check out Small Business Saturday for multiple Sync offers of $30 per card:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-per-card.html
Old Oct 12, 2014, 9:19 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Uber promo outside the app

Anyone has had success getting the free $10 for Uber by purchasing a gift card online? The promo says you must use the app to spend the $10.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 1:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by elkhornne
Has worked for me. YMMV
Interesting trick ^
Old Oct 13, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
The lowest gift card for uber is $25 right?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.