Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] HHonors Gold for USA Platinum Chargecard holders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] HHonors Gold for USA Platinum Chargecard holders

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2013, 3:22 pm

Just called in - he was surprised I knew about the offer as he said it just rolled out on 11/1. He was very happy to enroll me - took just a few moments.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
Also called and had this added. Took 2 minutes. Nice perk!
Old Nov 4, 2013, 3:40 pm

Great! Although I made the Diamond the hard way for the last few year, this could come in handy in the future (provided that the benefit sticks).

Just in time when HH devalued their program further. Coincidence?
Old Nov 4, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold, DL Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Hertz PC
So was that just Amex Platinum marketing mumbo jumbo when she read the disclosures and then followed-up by saying that, "All you need to do to take advantage of your new Gold Status is to present your Amex platimum card." Presumably, the system just updates me and it doesn't actually matter how I pay. And she didn't need my Hilton Honors number...said that the request is in and that the systems are linked...
Old Nov 4, 2013, 4:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, HH Gold
Just signed up for this. Had to provide my HH number!
Old Nov 4, 2013, 4:18 pm

Programs: AS GOLD
Called and and asked about the Hilton Honor Gold program. She acknowledged my request and asked for my HHonors #. This is awesome.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 4:35 pm

was pretty effortless...this is a great card...no way I am going to cancel my Amex Platinum...the perks themselves are worth the 450 dollar yearly fee.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by ac921ol
Nevermind, saw I need a platinum card which is AF of either $450 or $150 and then you can upgrade to Hilton Gold Status.

*Whats going on?? I plan on apping for one of the 2 Hilton Amex cards in Jan, and would like to get things figured out.
AFAIK this is only for the unbranded Amex Platinum that carries the $450 AF, not the various branded "platinum" cards, such as the $150 AF Delta Platinum Amex.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CherylD
Just called to ask about this... I am already Gold through Feb of 2014. I asked how long this would be effective. I was told as long as I had the Platinum card I would have Gold status.
That's good to know. I already pulled the trigger on Milepoint premium membership but this will come in handy for future years.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Success! The phone rep sounded like there were a lot of us calling in for it.

He did read a disclaimer that mentioned card data would be sent to HHonors and vice versa - I imagine so that way Hilton will know we are active with Amex and vice versa.

Nice benefit. I was thinking about getting the Citi HHonors Card for Gold Status ($95/year fee), but going to skip that now most likely since I have this.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 5:18 pm

Called and got it. Took only a few minutes. I did need my HH number for them. Great info, thanks!
Old Nov 4, 2013, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee
AFAIK this is only for the unbranded Amex Platinum that carries the $450 AF, not the various branded "platinum" cards, such as the $150 AF Delta Platinum Amex.
The Delta Platinum card is a completely different product, but the Mercedes Benz Platinum card is not.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by nall
The Delta Platinum card is a completely different product, but the Mercedes Benz Platinum card is not.
Ahh, good call. I always forget about the MB Plat (for which the AF is comparable).

But I did want to nip in the bud the inevitable questions about whether this aligns with the DL Plat. Those questions are already flourishing on TPG's blog...
Old Nov 4, 2013, 5:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, CC Gold, SPG Gold, AA Exec Platinum
+1 Took only a few minutes to get it. This is awesome to be gold on both Hilton/SPG.

Plan to travel plenty in 2014
Old Nov 4, 2013, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just called for myself. The CSR knew exactly what I was talking about, read a quick disclosure, and got my HH number. Easy as beans.

I did ask how long it lasted. He said the signup period was 11/1-12/31/13, and once signed up, it would remain active for "all of 2014". He did not know for sure, but seemed to think that it would be a continuation of my existing HH Gold status.

Of note, the CSR I talked to specifically did NOT confirm an ongoing benefit, but said that if they continue/change the program later in 2014, I would be notified.

As it happens, all of this turns out to be moot for 2014 for me. I thought I would end up a few stays short, but then got this email this afternoon. Looks like I'll earn HH Gold again anyway...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.