Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] HHonors Gold for USA Platinum Chargecard holders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] HHonors Gold for USA Platinum Chargecard holders

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by wesheltonj
I called AMEX to day, and no not extending the Hilton Gold benefit for me. Thank you Marketing Department. Card member from 1983, never been late once, ever, nothing. It seems to me the marketing department is not concerned about keeping happy long time members. I guess they figure, we wont leave. I gave the card an extra year when the they dropped the AA benefit, not so sure that I will give them another year.
Originally Posted by mia
Is there any mention of American Express in anyone's email?
Just checked email again, no mention of Amex in the email - so I wonder if this came from HHonors side, as I haven't heard anything from Amex on this, and wesheltonj also got that response... although from what I recall, they didnt exactly broadcast the benefit for Platinum members when it was open.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by levilevi
Just checked email again, no mention of Amex in the email - so I wonder if this came from HHonors side, as I haven't heard anything from Amex on this, and wesheltonj also got that response... although from what I recall, they didnt exactly broadcast the benefit for Platinum members when it was open.
I haven't checked, but is there a thread about this in the HH forum? Seems to me that everyone over here is looking because they have an Amex Plat - may be interesting to see if anyone without the Amex got bumped.

I do have the Plat and did register for the original promo, but it did nothing for me at the time as I was already HH Gold from base points last year.

I did not requal for 2015 Gold (based on 2014 stays/points), but did get the email extending it to me even through I didn't meet the stay/point requirements. In case it makes any difference, I did burn through around 350k HH points last year and have several expensive stays booked with them this year...
Old Feb 5, 2015, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
I called AMEX to day, and no not extending the Hilton Gold benefit for me. Thank you Marketing Department. Card member from 1983, never been late once, ever, nothing. It seems to me the marketing department is not concerned about keeping happy long time members. I guess they figure, we wont leave. I gave the card an extra year when the they dropped the AA benefit, not so sure that I will give them another year.
It does not matter even you are AMEX's founding member.

The HH benefit is more like a promotion rather than a benefit. Based on the postings here, there are conflicting evidences on the exact detail of this "promotion", such as some get 1 year and some get 2 years.

So it does not seem AMEX wants to piss you off, but an absolute inconsistency with this promotion.

Originally Posted by gooselee
I haven't checked, but is there a thread about this in the HH forum? Seems to me that everyone over here is looking because they have an Amex Plat - may be interesting to see if anyone without the Amex got bumped.
I am not the Mod. But cross-posting is explicitly not allowed.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by garykung

I meant a thread about the seemingly random re-ups to Gold. If unrelated to the Amex promo, then could be two independent things.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 5:52 pm

Programs: DL, Hyatt, National
Originally Posted by garykung
I could be wrong, but talking about another forum on this site is not cross posting.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Tibs
I could be wrong, but talking about another forum on this site is not cross posting.
You misunderstand me. Read OP's original post (couple posts up) and you will understand.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 9:18 am

Update, just was renewed to Gold by Hilton, not AMEX.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 5:24 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Update, just was renewed to Gold by Hilton, not AMEX.
I stayed at one Hilton last year while on free Amex HH gold and got a postcard yesterday that I got another year of gold. Thanks HH.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 5:21 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
This has now become a "permanent" benefit that is actually listed on the site. See this thread for discussion.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-2015-a.html

Last edited by mia; Oct 7, 2015 at 6:53 am Reason: Update link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.