[Canada-Targeted] Spend $150 with AC and $150 at some stores, Get $125 Credit
I got this in mail today and it's also on RFD
There is a also whole page of fine print, I'll try to scan later
Follow 3 steps to get $125 credit from American Express.
1. Register your eligible Basic American Express Card ending in 51XXX between October 16, 2013 and November 17, 2013 at http://amexnetwork.ca/actravel
FYI that is my AMEX Gold card (not the Platinum card, or Aeroplan card). RFD'er said it's on his AMEX Blue card
Also the link is 404 now, hopefully working by Oct 16
2. Between Oct 16 - Nov 17, charge to your registered Card one qualifying purchase of $150 or more (after taxes) at aircanada.com - AC gift cards are explicitly included
3. Between Oct 16 - Nov 17, charge to your registered Card one qualifying purchase of $150 or more (after taxes) at any one(1) of the following participating merchants in Canada:
A stay at a participating Fairmont Hotels, in-restaurant at The Keg Steakhouse+Bar or in-store at Costco Wholesale, Future Shop, Harry Rosen, Holt Renfrew, and Hudson's Bay
I'm debating whether to do this, by
1. buying $150 worth of AC gift card
2. buying $150 Future Shop gift card - I hope this counts, as it doesn't say otherwise
3. Get $125 credit (may take up to 2 billing cycles/8 weeks to appear)
Planning Aeroplan Reward to Europe/Asia in 2015 with miles from AMEX/TD/CIBC
This offer is only available to eligible Canadian American Express Basic Platinum Cardmembers that have been sent the offer by mail or email......
But later in the T&C, it does state the last 5 digit of my card.. so it is a customize T&C for me. Hence, not sure if it really only for the Platinum Charge card, or just match up the card that I have for this promo.
so I wonder if the following will work:
(1) buy $150 of Air Canada gift card
(2) go dine at The Keg with my family (3 people - 2 adults & 1 child) and then buy enough Key gift card on that visit to make the bill go over $150 (after tax + tip)
For the Keg, they does state in-restaurant purchases only... but so getting gift card in restaurant should count, isn't it?
If not, I might go get $150 of The Bay gift card instead.
Received mine the other day, too. T&C clearly state one purchase of $150 or more (after taxes) on aircanada.com AND one purchase of $150 or more (after taxes) at one of the other participating merchants, both with your registered Amex card.
So, a GC at ac.com and some stuff from Costco or a nice dinner at The Keg and voilą.
Not sure this is targeted or not, if you don't see the flyer in mail, I suggest call AMEX to confirm eligibility before you do anything. It won't be so great if you bought AC/Costco giftcard and didn't get the credit after all.