Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMEX Canada: Spend $150 with AC and $150 at some stores, Get $125 Credit. Targeted?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Canada: Spend $150 with AC and $150 at some stores, Get $125 Credit. Targeted?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2013, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Registered 2 cards (Gold and Plat), woo hoo

Once successful you'll see this banner, and email confirmation followed. I wouldn't dare to try without an email confirmation

Email

You’ve already registered your eligible American Express® Card.

Now take advantage of this great offer:

1. Between October 16, 2013 and November 17, 2013, charge to your registered Card one1 qualifying purchase of $150 or more (after taxes)
at aircanada.com.

2. Between October 16, 2013 and November 17, 2013, charge one qualifying purchase of $150 or more (after taxes) to your registered Card at any one (1) of the following participating merchants in Canada: A stay at a participating Fairmont Hotels & Resorts in Canada2, in-restaurant at The Keg Steakhouse + Bar3 or in-store at Costco®† Wholesale4, Future Shop5, Harry Rosen6, Holt Renfrew7, and Hudson’s Bay8.

Upon completion of these 2 steps, you can receive a $125 Statement Credit from American Express.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 7:20 am

Anyone getting the good ol' "An error occurred. Please choose another payment option." when trying to buy a gift card with your Amex?
Old Oct 16, 2013, 7:46 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Accor Plat
grrrrr , same here, tried 3 different browsers over two computers multiple times and had the wife check I was not making any typos and even called Amex to make sure they were not block the transaction and Amex said everything was good on their end (i.e. my card was not blocked).
Old Oct 16, 2013, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by ksm06
grrrrr , same here, tried 3 different browsers over two computers multiple times and had the wife check I was not making any typos and even called Amex to make sure they were not block the transaction and Amex said everything was good on their end (i.e. my card was not blocked).
Well played, Air Canada. Well played.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smokinmike
Anyone getting the good ol' "An error occurred. Please choose another payment option." when trying to buy a gift card with your Amex?
Same here with my AMEX Gold buying $150 eGift card

Another Air Canada "enhancement"? pretend to take AMEX but don't?
Old Oct 16, 2013, 9:08 am

delete

Last edited by jasonkevin77; Aug 16, 2019 at 10:07 am Reason: delete
Old Oct 16, 2013, 11:57 am

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Originally Posted by ksm06
This is not good. I will register my cards today. Hope it works.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 1:26 pm

Works for me now - just ordered with an Amex Gold.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Registered 2 cards (Gold and Plat), woo hoo
So you received 2 targeted emails for separate cards?
Old Oct 16, 2013, 3:15 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by smokinmike
Works for me now - just ordered with an Amex Gold.
Same here, looks like they finally fixed it. Just ordered with my Plat Amex Aeroplan Card
Old Oct 16, 2013, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
So you received 2 targeted emails for separate cards?
Yep, 1 invite for GOLD, 1 invite for PLAT
Old Oct 16, 2013, 5:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
This is truely invite only. I can only register the one I received a letter for the invite.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Cana2013
This is truely invite only. I can only register the one I received a letter for the invite.
Yes, I tried to register with my PLAT, and get this one
Sorry
Unfortunately this campaign is by invitation only.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 9:53 pm

AMEX Canada: Spend $150 with AC and $150 at some stores, Get $125 Credit

I have read the "fine print",- gift card, vacations, hotel, car rental, e-boutique are NOT qualify for the $150 spending.

May not be worth it.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 9:57 pm

Programs: AP, SPG Gold, CX Gold
From the T&Cs:

Qualifying purchases for this offer:
To be eligible for one (1) $125 statement credit, you must have a total of two (2) qualifying purchases that include one purchase of $150 or more (after taxes) using your registered Card at aircanada.com AND one purchase of $150 or more (after taxes) using your registered Card at one of the other participating Canadian merchants during the offer period. The qualifying purchases must be completed & posted to the Cardmember account by November 22, 2013.

1. One (1) qualifying purchase at aircanada.com must be $150 or more (after taxes) and charged in full to your registered American Express Card.

The following aircanada.com purchases are not qualifying purchases and are excluded: Car rentals, hotel bookings, Air Canada Vacations and eBoutique purchases made through aircanada.com. Bookings made through travel-related web sites and any other channels that are not made directly on aircanada.com.

The following are qualifying purchases and included for this offer: Bookings made by travel agencies at aircanada.com/agents, including bookings by Centurion Travel. Flight Passes purchased at aircanada.com and Air Canada gift cards purchased through aircanada.com.

I'm guessing that you weren't happy about GCs being excluded. Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.