Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 15, 13, 4:12 am   #1
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Good Life suburbia.
Programs: Executive Club, AMEX, Club Carlson, Tesco clubcard, Nectar, Odeon
Posts: 251
Complimentary lounge access after card cancelled? (UK AmEx Gold)

Can someone tell me, if I can use the complimentary lounge access even after I cancelled the AmEx Gold card?

I would think yes, as long as the lounge card is valid, but I rather double check.
Frenske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 13, 4:17 am   #2
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: England & Asia
Programs: BA Gold, SPG Plat - Ambassador Managed, VS Gold, Krisflyer Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Posts: 115
The lounge card does get cancelled once you cancel your Amex card. It may take a couple of extra weeks from the Amex closing date though.
Seshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 13, 4:15 am   #3
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Good Life suburbia.
Programs: Executive Club, AMEX, Club Carlson, Tesco clubcard, Nectar, Odeon
Posts: 251
Darn. It does not look like I am not going fly for a while where I cannot use the BA lounge.

Another question. Can you use the two complimentary lounge passes in one "transaction" i.e. bring a guest with you ... or are guests always included?
Frenske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 13, 9:03 am   #4
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenske View Post
Darn. It does not look like I am not going fly for a while where I cannot use the BA lounge.

Another question. Can you use the two complimentary lounge passes in one "transaction" i.e. bring a guest with you ... or are guests always included?
You can't use them for you and a guest just you. Although with my priority pass (Where you are always included and 1 guest is included), I have got some lounges to put 2 lots of 2 1 guest and me if there is 4 people. They get the same amount of money at the end of the day, so don't really care.
reclusive46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 13, 6:12 pm   #5
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Programs: DL DM MM;*woodGld; HilDia; HrtzPC; AvisPC; PP; IC AmbPlt; SofitelPlt; CX Diam; VirginAtlGld;UA Gld
Posts: 822
Complimentary lounge access after card cancelled? (UK AmEx Gold)

As a follow up-- if I have two Priority Passes, one from my US Amex card and one from an overseas Amex one, will some lounges routinely allow me to swipe both cards to avoid signing my guest in with the $27 fee? Only experience I had a few years ago was DL at JFK where a lounge dragon said I could not bring in a friend and his three dependents after we had flown together in business elite awaiting our connecting flight because they had economy opup tickets. At that time I said here is my lifetime Worldclub card, two Amex cards and two priority passes (when DL still used them) and I asked can you find a way to charge our visit off to all theses accounts? They relented and let us all in without scanning any.
LAXRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 13, 11:47 pm   #6
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: PHL, maybe EWR
Programs: Plat IHG, Marriott Rewards Silver, CSP, Ink Bold, USDM, *Wood Gold, AA, Club Carl
Posts: 284
I'm going to try that next time they give me any guff!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAXRuss View Post
As a follow up-- if I have two Priority Passes, one from my US Amex card and one from an overseas Amex one, will some lounges routinely allow me to swipe both cards to avoid signing my guest in with the $27 fee? Only experience I had a few years ago was DL at JFK where a lounge dragon said I could not bring in a friend and his three dependents after we had flown together in business elite awaiting our connecting flight because they had economy opup tickets. At that time I said here is my lifetime Worldclub card, two Amex cards and two priority passes (when DL still used them) and I asked can you find a way to charge our visit off to all theses accounts? They relented and let us all in without scanning any.
vodkashine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 13, 6:39 am   #7
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Home in the UK
Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenske View Post
Can you use the two complimentary lounge passes in one "transaction" i.e. bring a guest with you ... or are guests always included?
Quote:
Originally Posted by reclusive46 View Post
You can't use them for you and a guest just you. Although with my priority pass (Where you are always included and 1 guest is included), I have got some lounges to put 2 lots of 2 1 guest and me if there is 4 people. They get the same amount of money at the end of the day, so don't really care.
Yes you can....

"5.We will share certain membership information about you with the Priority Travel Group Holdings Limited (“PTG”) who administer the LOUNGE CLUBTM programme. PTG will provide complimentary membership for the primary card holder to LOUNGE CLUBTM, and issue a card and lounge listing. You will be entitled to two complimentary lounge visits at participating lounges each year you hold a valid Preferred Rewards Gold Card, which may be used by the primary Cardmember or by the primary Cardmember and one guest. Once you have activated your American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Card, please allow up to 28 working days for your LOUNGE CLUBTM card to arrive in the mail. Use of the airport lounges will be governed by the terms and conditions of LOUNGE CLUBTM which are available in full at www.loungeclub.com, which you agree to comply with by applying for a card. You also confirm that lounges may charge usage fees at the prevailing rate (currently £15 per person, per visit) for any lounge visits that exceed the two complimentary lounge visits per membership year to your American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Card. The lounge usage fees charged are at the discretion of PTG and any changes to the lounge access fee will be advised by them"
louie-m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 13, 8:45 am   #8
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie-m View Post
Yes you can....

"5.We will share certain membership information about you with the Priority Travel Group Holdings Limited (“PTG”) who administer the LOUNGE CLUBTM programme. PTG will provide complimentary membership for the primary card holder to LOUNGE CLUBTM, and issue a card and lounge listing. You will be entitled to two complimentary lounge visits at participating lounges each year you hold a valid Preferred Rewards Gold Card, which may be used by the primary Cardmember or by the primary Cardmember and one guest. Once you have activated your American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Card, please allow up to 28 working days for your LOUNGE CLUBTM card to arrive in the mail. Use of the airport lounges will be governed by the terms and conditions of LOUNGE CLUBTM which are available in full at www.loungeclub.com, which you agree to comply with by applying for a card. You also confirm that lounges may charge usage fees at the prevailing rate (currently £15 per person, per visit) for any lounge visits that exceed the two complimentary lounge visits per membership year to your American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Card. The lounge usage fees charged are at the discretion of PTG and any changes to the lounge access fee will be advised by them"
Thats definitely changed, when I had the gold card there was a charge for guest no matter what. I've used my PP from my plat card for a few years now, so must have changed since then.
reclusive46 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 8:15 am.