Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Canada Platinum - Which HKG lounges are available to the "Platinum Lounge Program"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canada Platinum - Which HKG lounges are available to the "Platinum Lounge Program"?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2013, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC, UA, IHG, SPG, Carlson

I know Priority Pass has access to some HKG lounges, but I'm wondering if there are any lounges available to the "Platinum Lounge Program", which means, you can get in just by showing your Platinum card, no need for the Priority Pass card?

Or in general, where can I find a complete directory of all lounges available to Platinum cardholders? I checked the benefits page on AMEX website but the lounges listed there seem to be not complete. For example, it says there's no lounges available to "Platinum Lounge Program" in HKG.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 3:48 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL

"Your Platinum Card membership provides you with complimentary lounge access across most major Canadian cities including Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Montreal, and Quebec City. So take a moment to relax next time you travel for business or pleasure within Canada."

>> there's no lounges available to "Platinum Lounge Program" in HKG.

"International Plaza Premium Lounges, maximum of 2 hour stay. "
Old Aug 18, 2013, 4:07 pm

What airline are you flying with?

AMEX Plat offers SOME airline club access
AA/DL - you have to fly on them
US - you don't need to fly on them (I think)

Airport Club Program
Whether it’s going to be a long or short trip, before you board your flight, never forget, you have a way to avoid the airport noise and congestion. Enjoy complimentary, unlimited access to these participating airline lounges in the Airport Club Program2:
• American Airlines Admirals Club®
• Delta SkyClubTM
• US Airways® Club
Terms & Conditions
Airport Club Program. The Platinum Card® member must be travelling. Name on ticket must match name on The Platinum Card. (Ticket not required for US Airways® Clubs.) The Platinum Card member must be 18 years of age to enter the Airport Club Lounge without a parent or guardian for American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges. For Delta Sky Club™ lounges the member must be 18 where there is no self-service bar. The Platinum member must be 21 years of age to enter into all Airport Club Lounges where there is a self-service bar. Local age restrictions apply in non-U.S. locations. The Platinum Card member’s spouse and children under the age of 21 or up to two companions may enter the club as complimentary guests. Code-share and affiliated lounge agreements may not apply. Employee travel-related benefit tickets are not eligible with American Airlines. The Platinum Card member must present his or her valid Card, government issued I.D., and same day airline ticket to club agents. (Ticket not required for US Airways Clubs.) Complimentary access is specifically for the airport club that corresponds to the airline operating the flight (access pertains to the aircraft, not the flight number) except for US Airways Clubs, or with respect to American Airlines marketed code share flights with an American Airlines flight number which are also eligible for complimentary access to the lounge. Meeting rooms may be reserved for a nominal fee. Card members must adhere to all house rules of participating clubs. Participating airlines and locations subject to change.
by the way, here's an old PDF file (Oct 2011) I saved to indicate all lounges for AMEX Plat, you can take a look
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iqjij8mnx6...cationsEng.pdf
Old Aug 18, 2013, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I used Plaza Arrival lounge with my CA plat card in HKG back in June, just swipe your card, no problem.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beep88

"Your Platinum Card membership provides you with complimentary lounge access across most major Canadian cities including Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Montreal, and Quebec City. So take a moment to relax next time you travel for business or pleasure within Canada."

>> there's no lounges available to "Platinum Lounge Program" in HKG.

"International Plaza Premium Lounges, maximum of 2 hour stay. "
I see what you are saying, but I found this online:

ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
• Access to Plaza PremiumSM and Servisair Executive Lounges
across major Canadian cities like Toronto, Vancouver,
Calgary, Montreal and Quebec City through Quebec City
Jean Lesage International Airport VIP Lounge.

• Lounge access in many international cities including
Hong Kong, London, New Delhi, Singapore and Beijing.
It seems to say that "Platinum Lounge Program" does have lounges in international locations...
Old Aug 18, 2013, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerryhung
What airline are you flying with?

AMEX Plat offers SOME airline club access
AA/DL - you have to fly on them
US - you don't need to fly on them (I think)

by the way, here's an old PDF file (Oct 2011) I saved to indicate all lounges for AMEX Plat, you can take a look
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iqjij8mnx6...cationsEng.pdf
Thanks for the PDF!
Old Aug 18, 2013, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Also, the "Platinum Lounge Program" says:

Your spouse and two children under the age of 21, or one travel companion are also granted complimentary access to participating lounges, when traveling with you.

Does that mean:

1) I can bring either "my spouse and two children" or "one travel companion"

Or,

2) I can bring "my spouse" and ("two children" or "one travel companion")?
Old Aug 18, 2013, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by roubaolic
Also, the "Platinum Lounge Program" says:

Your spouse and two children under the age of 21, or one travel companion are also granted complimentary access to participating lounges, when traveling with you.

Does that mean:

1) I can bring either "my spouse and two children" or "one travel companion"

Or,

2) I can bring "my spouse" and ("two children" or "one travel companion")?
I read it as option #1 clearly
It's simply = you can take your "family" or "stranger as guest"
Old Aug 19, 2013, 10:41 am
Suspended

Don't forget the Marco Polo gold membership you get with the Canadian platinum card. That'll get you into the CX lounges as well as any other OneWorld lounges.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:09 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by roubaolic

It seems to say that "Platinum Lounge Program" does have lounges in international locations...
It implies that all Plaza Premium Lounges participate in the Platinum Lounge Program for Canada.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by BenSenise
Don't forget the Marco Polo gold membership you get with the Canadian platinum card. That'll get you into the CX lounges as well as any other OneWorld lounges.
+1 as long as you're flying with OneWorld.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.