Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. New thread here.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight.

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...c-golddelta-lm
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 35,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...t-card/dal-624
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch
received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).

vah4883
received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card

So there's no thread covering this card as a whole, which means no links in the dedicated CC offers thread, so I thought I would make one so UA Fan has something to link.

Delta cards are hard because the generic public offer at Amex is pretty bad (10k miles), but there are several ways to get a better offer:
  • Delta Amex Card. Input your SkyPesos number and last name. Do this in incognito mode to get the best results. I won't get any offer if I don't do it incognito. I get 35k for $750 in 3m.
  • Delta.com Stock Offers.
Print Wikipost

Offers for Delta Amex Cards [2013-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2013, 11:48 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Offers for Delta Amex Cards [2013-2016]

So there's no thread covering this card as a whole, which means no links in the dedicated CC offers thread, so I thought I would make one so UA Fan has something to link.

Delta cards are hard because the generic public offer at Amex is pretty bad (10k miles), but there are several ways to get a better offer:
  • Delta Amex Card. Input your SkyPesos number and last name. Do this in incognito mode to get the best results. I won't get any offer if I don't do it incognito. I get 35k for $750 in 3m.
  • Delta.com Stock Offers.

The Gold card generally has the fee waived the first year, the Platinum and Reserve do not.

Last edited by PainCorp; Mar 20, 2014 at 10:34 pm
Old Jul 27, 2013, 8:41 am
Suspended

I had the Gold Delta AMEX in August of 2012. December of 2012, I switched to the SPG AMEX.

I'm shopping around for a new DL AMEX. Considering just getting the Gold because of the low spend threshold. That being said, AMEX keeps telling me (using the second link from above--inputing DL number and last name): "Sorry, our records indicate you already have the Gold DL AMEX". What gives? Don't want to reapply if I'm going to miss the bonus.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 10:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pricesquire
I had the Gold Delta AMEX in August of 2012. December of 2012, I switched to the SPG AMEX.

I'm shopping around for a new DL AMEX. Considering just getting the Gold because of the low spend threshold. That being said, AMEX keeps telling me (using the second link from above--inputing DL number and last name): "Sorry, our records indicate you already have the Gold DL AMEX". What gives? Don't want to reapply if I'm going to miss the bonus.
Did you try in incognito or private browsing mode?
Old Jul 27, 2013, 12:22 pm
Suspended

If incognito means clearing cookies, browsing history, data, etc, then yes, I've tried that (on Google Chrome).
Old Jul 27, 2013, 12:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pricesquire
If incognito means clearing cookies, browsing history, data, etc, then yes, I've tried that (on Google Chrome).
It's a mode of browsing, look in your file menu.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 12:42 pm
wcj

Gold Delta Amex

50k pesos plus $50 statement credit offers are in the mail, received it twice in the last two months

35k via email
Old Jul 27, 2013, 3:30 pm

Programs: US Silver, IHG Platinum
Got the 35k offer using incognito mode at deltaamexcard. Will add this to my next churn. Thanks!
Old Aug 5, 2013, 9:27 am

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by PainCorp
[*]Random one for 30k miles and $50 credit.[/list]
The Gold card generally has the fee waived the first year, the Platinum and Reserve do not.
Anybody know if you could pre-buy a lounge-pass or a $50 gift card on the Delta site for the $50 credit, basically resulting in $50 of free future flights or a lounge visit? Haven't seen any data points on the statement credit yet. Adds a lot of value to the card if used since 30k isn't worth that much.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 11:57 am

Programs: IHG, American airlines , BA club and others
I tried to search Delta forum, but could not find anything definitive on this, so please be nice. I have no interest in sky pesos for flights, but something on FTG caught my eye. Apparently, you can use these miles for hotel stays. Can someone relate their experience and how much value you can reasonably expect to get, as a cardholder from the bonus ?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 7:53 pm

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, AA
I received the targeted Gold 35,000 mile offer, but I'm apparently ineligible because I got a bonus 11 years, and it's still in their records.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by Night Owl
I received the targeted Gold 35,000 mile offer, but I'm apparently ineligible because I got a bonus 11 years, and it's still in their records.

Do you still hold this card? My understanding is with Amex it's 1 yr after closing card and exact same card is churn able again.

Also receive the 50k sky peso offer in email today. Not sure if I should pull the trigger on this as don't they sometimes have a much better offer such as 70-100k bonus offers?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 8:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sharka
Do you still hold this card? My understanding is with Amex it's 1 yr after closing card and exact same card is churn able again.

Also receive the 50k sky peso offer in email today. Not sure if I should pull the trigger on this as don't they sometimes have a much better offer such as 70-100k bonus offers?
From time to time there are better offers, as Amex will do, but they require more spending or are for the higher tier cards.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by milesforfamily
I tried to search Delta forum, but could not find anything definitive on this, so please be nice. I have no interest in sky pesos for flights, but something on FTG caught my eye. Apparently, you can use these miles for hotel stays. Can someone relate their experience and how much value you can reasonably expect to get, as a cardholder from the bonus ?
In general, anytime you use airline miles other than for flights , such as for hotels or car rentals, it's a losing bet.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp
From time to time there are better offers, as Amex will do, but they require more spending or are for the higher tier cards.
Thanks for the info as I had forgotten about the spending part of the offer, too focus on the bonus miles
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by Night Owl
If the card has been canceled more than 1 year, you can re-apply and still get the bonus according to their terms. Even though when I go to the targeted Delta site for a specific offer it says "you currently have a Delta card" b/c I have the business card. According to the terms, I'm still good, and will prove that on my next AOR this week!

50k would be nice. What was the spend? Better check the mail!

In general, anytime you use airline miles other than for flights , such as for hotels or car rentals, it's a losing bet.
Correct!
Although, if your skypesos are worthless for what you want, might as well get some value. I've literally never searched for hotels/rental cars with the Delta program though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.