Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. New thread here.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight.

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...c-golddelta-lm
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 35,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...t-card/dal-624
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch
received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).

vah4883
received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card

So there's no thread covering this card as a whole, which means no links in the dedicated CC offers thread, so I thought I would make one so UA Fan has something to link.

Delta cards are hard because the generic public offer at Amex is pretty bad (10k miles), but there are several ways to get a better offer:
  • Delta Amex Card. Input your SkyPesos number and last name. Do this in incognito mode to get the best results. I won't get any offer if I don't do it incognito. I get 35k for $750 in 3m.
  • Delta.com Stock Offers.
Print Wikipost

Offers for Delta Amex Cards [2013-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by hi-guy
Targeted, I believe. I received an email and snail mail and both require that you enter your skymiles number.
Huh, that's interesting... I ran into one of their reps at DTW on Monday who pitched the SM Gold card with the standard 25k bonus, and I said I was waiting for a better offer. 😁
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:33 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by DG206
Maybe stupid question regarding eCerts and $100 credit. Got my wife the 70k SM personal DL Plat, does it need to be in $50 (2x$50) increments like the personal Amex Plat or can we do one $100 eCert (1X$100). According to the wikipost looks like it should credit, but that is also somewhat dated
1 x $50 seems it would work. It just says you need to make a Delta purchase.

I had a flight to buy anyway, or I'd have tried it.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DG206
Maybe stupid question regarding eCerts and $100 credit. Got my wife the 70k SM personal DL Plat, does it need to be in $50 (2x$50) increments like the personal Amex Plat or can we do one $100 eCert (1X$100). According to the wikipost looks like it should credit, but that is also somewhat dated
Originally Posted by highops
1 x $50 seems it would work. It just says you need to make a Delta purchase.

I had a flight to buy anyway, or I'd have tried it.
1 x $50 definitely worked for me a few weeks ago on my (new as of late Oct) 70k biz DL Plat. Bought the $50 DL eCert (on a weekend) and I got the $100 credit within a few days.

I just updated the wikipost with my recent datapoint to make it less "dated".

Last edited by sdsearch; Dec 4, 2016 at 9:05 am
Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:16 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sdsearch
1 x $50 definitely worked for me a few weeks ago on my (new as of late Oct) 70k biz DL Plat. Bought the $50 DL eCert (on a weekend) and I got the $100 credit within a few days.

I just updated the wikipost with my recent datapoint to make it less "dated".
Approved for Delta Plat card 11/23. Received card a week later and purch $50 Delta Gift card. Two days after that, $100 credit posted to account. Hope the 70k bonus miles post as quickly after spend.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA, UA
When I log into my delta account . When I copy the link to incognito tab it shows the default 30k offer. I guess posting the link here is a moot point?

Amex Delta Gold

- 50k points after $2k spend in 90 days
- Additional 25k spend after 1k more (after 2k, so 3k overall).
- AF waived $95 for the first year

I see this in terms and conditions - "Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product". I haven't had this before. So I am good for now. Does the wording mean it is once in a life time?

How good/bad is this deal? I mean I do not have an immediate need to use DL miles. So, I'll be hoarding for some time (around 1 yr). Wondering if I should bite the bullet on this. Tips?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by daKav
When I log into my delta account . When I copy the link to incognito tab it shows the default 30k offer. I guess posting the link here is a moot point?

Amex Delta Gold

- 50k points after $2k spend in 90 days
- Additional 25k spend after 1k more (after 2k, so 3k overall).
- AF waived $95 for the first year

I see this in terms and conditions - "Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product". I haven't had this before. So I am good for now. Does the wording mean it is once in a life time?

How good/bad is this deal? I mean I do not have an immediate need to use DL miles. So, I'll be hoarding for some time (around 1 yr). Wondering if I should bite the bullet on this. Tips?
Someone mentioned above that this is a targeted offer - maybe they've figured out a way to check if you're eligible when you follow the link.

I'd say this is a great deal. Standard offer is 25k bonus. I almost pulled the trigger a couple months ago when it was 50k.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: AA, UA
Originally Posted by strickerj
Someone mentioned above that this is a targeted offer - maybe they've figured out a way to check if you're eligible when you follow the link.

I'd say this is a great deal. Standard offer is 25k bonus. I almost pulled the trigger a couple months ago when it was 50k.
oops, sorry should have checked previous posts. I haven't gotten email/snail mail yet. Maybe it is on the way. The offer lasts till 1/27 for me. So, there is some time.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by daKav
oops, sorry should have checked previous posts. I haven't gotten email/snail mail yet. Maybe it is on the way. The offer lasts till 1/27 for me. So, there is some time.
Hey, mine is only good til 1/25.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:44 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
I got a delta 60k amex offer + $50 statement credit. Both my wife and I got it. After 1k spending. is this good?
Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by livestrongforever
I got a delta 60k amex offer + $50 statement credit. Both my wife and I got it. After 1k spending. is this good?
The Skymiles Gold or Platinum? Either way, $50 statement credit on your first Delta purchase is standard, but only $1k spending to get the mileage bonus is better than usual.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Approved for Delta Plat card 11/23. Received card a week later and purch $50 Delta Gift card. Two days after that, $100 credit posted to account. Hope the 70k bonus miles post as quickly after spend.
**Update- hit Delta Plat card $3k spend on 12/6 (posted). Miles deposited into SM account today! That is FAST FOLKS VERY HAPPY.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 1:55 pm

UGH UPS sucks.... When I had to call in after submitting the online application (security verification) the Amex rep kindly offered to ship the card via 2 day delivery at no extra cost. 7 days later UPS does not have an ETA for delivery probably would have been better to send via regular mail.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
Originally Posted by strickerj
The Skymiles Gold or Platinum? Either way, $50 statement credit on your first Delta purchase is standard, but only $1k spending to get the mileage bonus is better than usual.
Its the Skymiles Gold with no annual fee the first year. 60k + $50 (on delta only) statement credit. I might have to pull the trigger on this because I think this is the highest Ive seen with a low spending requirement.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 7:58 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Do they ever have offers to upgrade from the platinum card to the reserve?
Old Dec 10, 2016, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by livestrongforever
Its the Skymiles Gold with no annual fee the first year. 60k + $50 (on delta only) statement credit. I might have to pull the trigger on this because I think this is the highest Ive seen with a low spending requirement.
I'd say that's really good then. I got the 75k offer but it required $3k spend and didn't offer a Delta statement credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.