Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. New thread here.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight.

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...c-golddelta-lm
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 35,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...t-card/dal-624
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch
received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).

vah4883
received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card

So there's no thread covering this card as a whole, which means no links in the dedicated CC offers thread, so I thought I would make one so UA Fan has something to link.

Delta cards are hard because the generic public offer at Amex is pretty bad (10k miles), but there are several ways to get a better offer:
  • Delta Amex Card. Input your SkyPesos number and last name. Do this in incognito mode to get the best results. I won't get any offer if I don't do it incognito. I get 35k for $750 in 3m.
  • Delta.com Stock Offers.
Print Wikipost

Offers for Delta Amex Cards [2013-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2014, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
Originally Posted by michael_v
New 50k offer until 12/21/2014, $1,000 spend, both personal and business:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...:API:LearnMore
I have the Delta platinum card, but that should be a different product than the gold card, right?
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:11 pm

Programs: All of em...
What's the latest on the Amex Biz card churn status? The business card app says "Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product within the last 12 months."

Does that mean I have to have CANCELED my last Amex Delta Gold Biz card 12 months ago? Mine's been canceled 11 months now. Applied for it over 18 months ago. Good to go, or gotta wait another month or two still?
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
I have the Delta platinum card, but that should be a different product than the gold card, right?
Yes, Gold and Platinum are different products.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
What's the latest on the Amex Biz card churn status? The business card app says "Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product within the last 12 months."

Does that mean I have to have CANCELED my last Amex Delta Gold Biz card 12 months ago? Mine's been canceled 11 months now. Applied for it over 18 months ago. Good to go, or gotta wait another month or two still?
I am at 11 months too, but won't risk it, will wait one more month, at least.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:07 pm

Yes, Gold and Platinum are different products.
I got approved for the Delta Biz Gold card. I had the Delta Biz Platinum until not too long ago. Representative tells me they are considered the same product and I won't qualify for bonus. True?

I had a Delta Biz Platinum within the past 12 months, and was approved for the Delta Biz Gold now. I won't be getting the signup bonus if they are considered the same cards. I have a hard time finding out if they are or not. Some Amex agents tell me they are the same products, others tell me they are not. Any experience?

Last edited by mia; Dec 17, 2014 at 11:07 am Reason: Combine cross-posted version of same question.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
New 50k offer until 12/21/2014, $1,000 spend, both personal and business:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...:API:LearnMore
Sweet. Wife needs 40K + for Australia trip.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:16 am

I was approved for the delta reserve amex. Haven't gotten the card in the mail yet but I see I have a $140 statement credit already. Does anyone know what offer I signed up on? I didn't notice or expect the statement credit, what else can I expect as far as bonuses?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:34 am

looks like nobody knows the answer... this really is a tough one... and it sucks that amex agents dont know the answer either
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:38 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
It's not a tough question. They are not the same product. American Express agents might tell you that holding one disqualifies you from earning a bonus for the other, because those were the rules earlier in the year, and they could still be the rules from some offers.

Read the offer. Apply if you think you are eligible. Document every step of the process. Make the spend. Worry about the miles later.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 9:35 am

the offer I applied for has the following language:

"Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product within the last 12 months".

Its for the Delta Biz Gold card.

As far as I understand, having the Delta Biz Plat should not disqualify me for the Delta Biz Gold. But agents are not so sure.

Thanks anyway.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat blah blah
Originally Posted by danam404
I was approved for the delta reserve amex. Haven't gotten the card in the mail yet but I see I have a $140 statement credit already. Does anyone know what offer I signed up on? I didn't notice or expect the statement credit, what else can I expect as far as bonuses?
Thats pretty sweet. I just got my reserve and no such credit. What link did you use to sign up?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
I got approved for the Delta Biz Gold card. I had the Delta Biz Platinum until not too long ago. Representative tells me they are considered the same product and I won't qualify for bonus. True?
Reps are often times wrong. Amex is the worst, I don't even bother verifying signup bonus terms with them. Do the required spend, see if the bonus posts and report back. It should.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:46 pm

Reps are often times wrong. Amex is the worst, I don't even bother verifying signup bonus terms with them. Do the required spend, see if the bonus posts and report back. It should.
thanks.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Wife approved for the 50K Bus. Gold card on a new business we started this month. Sweet. Answered all questions honestly. Sole proprietor, less than 1 yr. in business, lowest income choice, etc.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by philemer
Wife approved for the 50K Bus. Gold card on a new business we started this month. Sweet. Answered all questions honestly. Sole proprietor, less than 1 yr. in business, lowest income choice, etc.
Congrats! Did she get an instant approval or pending review?

We returned home from a cruise on the 18th and finally got around to apply one for myself yesterday on the 20th - to my surprise it was a pending versus almost all AMEX apps I had were instant approvals including the BRG last year.

My one and only deferred app was Everyday earlier this year - never got an acknowledgment email. Nobody found the app - status site did not show it - neither the New Account agent nor the chat rep could find my app - everyone told me the app did not go thru. Yet, an approval email came the next morning. That was done on Tuesday evening.

This time the acknowledge email of application took 20 minutes to come and the status site did show the app.

When I tried to call "New Account" then found out they closed at 6:30pm EST on Sat and would not open on Sunday (versus other banks seem to work the whole 7 days).

So now I have to wait till Monday to call - that would be 12/22, passed the 12/21 expiration of the offer. I remember in the past reading that AMEX cut off of bonus is based on approval, not application date.

I hope they have amended this policy as the T&Cs now said the application must be received by 12/21, and if not, then even AMEX approves the account, you would not earn bonus.

Lesson learned, NEVER do card application on weekends.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.