Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. New thread here.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight.

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...c-golddelta-lm
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 35,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...t-card/dal-624
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch
received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).

vah4883
received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card

So there's no thread covering this card as a whole, which means no links in the dedicated CC offers thread, so I thought I would make one so UA Fan has something to link.

Delta cards are hard because the generic public offer at Amex is pretty bad (10k miles), but there are several ways to get a better offer:
  • Delta Amex Card. Input your SkyPesos number and last name. Do this in incognito mode to get the best results. I won't get any offer if I don't do it incognito. I get 35k for $750 in 3m.
  • Delta.com Stock Offers.
Print Wikipost

Offers for Delta Amex Cards [2013-2016]

Old Sep 6, 2013, 8:23 am

I had a Delta Gold Business card which I cancelled 2 months ago. I have no Gold personal cards. If I apply for a personal card will I be dinged because of the recent business card?
Old Sep 6, 2013, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by skitch23
Are you planning to book in Dec or actually travel in Dec? If the latter, you may not be able to find your desired flights by the time the miles post.

Yea, it's really hard to use the Skymiles if you don't plan way ahead of time. I was planning to use it for March but trying to find an award seat has been difficult.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Robl
I had a Delta Gold Business card which I cancelled 2 months ago. I have no Gold personal cards. If I apply for a personal card will I be dinged because of the recent business card?
Having business cards does not preclude getting personal cards, so far.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 7:22 pm

travel in dec, i knew it was harder to get points but i am trying to do it.. hepe plz.

Originally Posted by skitch23
While its not quite as good as your original offer you can get 45k mi for $5k spend in 6mo. No need to enter your SSN.

https://www.creditcards.com/cardmatch/

Are you planning to book in Dec or actually travel in Dec? If the latter, you may not be able to find your desired flights by the time the miles post.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 7:24 pm

yes you are right. but i just need to get some miles booking my flight since it was long international long flight cost too much.

Originally Posted by PainCorp
Calm down, dude, it's just miles.
the difficult thing is how to spend 5k in short time such as within 2 months.

one more thing, is this 45k real since it is not directly from amex webpage.

Last edited by mia; Sep 8, 2013 at 6:47 pm Reason: Combine consecutive replies
Old Sep 6, 2013, 7:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by gg22
travel in dec, i knew it was harder to get points but i am trying to do it.. hepe plz.
Not sure what more we can do for you. You have the link to the best public offer... the longer you wait to apply, the longer it will take for your miles to post and the less likely it will be for you to find the award flights you want.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 12:38 am

20K after $5K in purchases is difficult for me since i need to get point asap...
Old Sep 7, 2013, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yes you are right. but i just need to get some miles booking my flight since it was long international long flight cost too much.
You need to plan ahead, way ahead especially with DL miles.

For Dec travel, you are relying totally on luck for 2 things - bonus posted on time, AND DL has low level award available... It is possible but highly unlikely given we are already in Sept.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 12:57 pm

CreditCards.com. Use their match tool, you do not need to enter your social. Gives me 45k total, 20k First Spend, 25k for $5k in 6m.

is this real working since it is not same as delta gold 30k?
Old Sep 8, 2013, 1:00 pm

yes totally agree with you, but i have to get a try on it...

CreditCards.com. Use their match tool, you do not need to enter your social. Gives me 45k total, 20k First Spend, 25k for $5k in 6m.

do you know this?

thanks a lot

Originally Posted by Happy
You need to plan ahead, way ahead especially with DL miles.

For Dec travel, you are relying totally on luck for 2 things - bonus posted on time, AND DL has low level award available... It is possible but highly unlikely given we are already in Sept.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:43 am

Programs: UA Gold
I just got a 50K with $1000 spend in 3 months and $50 statement credit offer. I think it was a targeted offer.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:33 am

Since I'm not getting the targeted offers I went for the 45k, $5000 spend through creditcards.com. It was instantly approved though I had just cancelled a Delta Business Gold account so again it appears you can churn by alternating personal and business.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 12:16 pm

I got an email offer today for a Delta Gold, 50K miles after $1000 spending in 3 months, first year fee waived! I might pull the trigger on this in October as I am looking to get some skypesos for domestic tickets.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 12:19 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by vikaga
I just got a 50K with $1000 spend in 3 months and $50 statement credit offer.
Originally Posted by frenchie2
I got an email offer today for a Delta Gold, 50K miles after $1000 spending in 3 months, first year fee waived!
Same. Instant approval.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 1:15 pm

My son just got the following offer for the Delta platinum card:

$100 statement credit after Delta purchase, 15,000 bonus miles (5000 MQM) after first use, and 30,000 additional bonus miles (10,000 MQM) for $1000 spend.

I'd like to tell him whether or not it's an offer he should go for. It sounds good based on what I see in this thread, but I don't usually follow the Delta card offers. Thanks for any advice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.