Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Targeted 50-75-100k MR USA Platinum offers going around

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted 50-75-100k MR USA Platinum offers going around

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2013, 7:34 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by keloutwest
... having the platinum card in itself gains you access to all Admiral's Clubs,
To enter an Admirals Club with the Platinum Card you must be flying on AA. The Platinum Card will not allow you to enter an Admirals Club when flying DL. Read the rules here:

1. The Platinum Card(R) member must be traveling. Name on ticket must match name on Platinum Card. (Ticket not required for US Airways(R) Clubs.) The Platinum member must be 18 years of age to enter the Airport Club Lounge without a parent or guardian for American Airlines Admirals Club(R) lounges. For Delta Sky Club lounges the member must be 18 where there is no self-service bar. The Platinum member must be 21 years of age to enter into all Airport Club Lounges where there is a self-service bar. Local age restrictions apply in non-U.S. locations. The Platinum member's spouse and children under the age of 21 or up to two companions may enter the club as complimentary guests. Code-share and affiliated lounge agreements may not apply. Employee travel-related benefit tickets are not eligible with American Airlines. The Platinum Card member must present his or her valid Card, government-issued I.D., and same day airline ticket to club agents. (Ticket not required for US Airways Clubs.) Complimentary access is specifically for the airport club that corresponds to the airline operating the flight (access pertains to the aircraft, not the flight number) except for US Airways Clubs, or with respect to American Airlines marketed code share flights with an American Airlines flight number which are also eligible for complimentary access to the lounge. Meeting rooms may be reserved for a nominal fee. Card members must adhere to all house rules of participating clubs. For a list of participating airport club locations, call Platinum Member Services. Participating airlines and locations subject to change.
Please see this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...arge-card.html
Old Apr 30, 2013, 7:39 am

Are these targeted 100K offers able to be shared, or are they only good for the original recipient? I haven't received an offer in the mail, but I want to take advantage of a 100k Platinum offer. Anyone have an unused one and willing to share?
Old Apr 30, 2013, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
I got the offer couple of weeks back and was told it can't be shared when I called to see if my spouse apply instead.

Questions regarding $450 annual fee and the benefits:.

$200 airline fees credit per year
$100 Global entry fee credit (is this every year or just one time?)

So, my net fee will be $150 /yr. Am I correct in my understanding?
Old Apr 30, 2013, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by aglp2k
I got the offer couple of weeks back and was told it can't be shared when I called to see if my spouse apply instead.

Questions regarding $450 annual fee and the benefits:.

$200 airline fees credit per year
$100 Global entry fee credit (is this every year or just one time?)

So, my net fee will be $150 /yr. Am I correct in my understanding?
$200 airline fee per year, so assuming you are approved now, you can get a $200 credit in 2013 and again in 2014 before the annual fee is due. The global entry fee is 1 time and I believe global entry is good for 5 years.
So your cost would be $50 assuming you take advantage of the $200 airline credit twice. Personally I would just buy gift cards, get the reimbursement and then sell them.
Old May 9, 2013, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Here's a question: With the PP Select Membership that comes with AMX Plat, can you still not access Admiral Cup lounges if you are flying on a non-AA flight?
Old May 9, 2013, 1:46 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ekwang
...With the PP Select Membership that comes with AMX Plat, can you still not access Admiral Cup lounges if you are flying on a non-AA flight?
Yes, but only at the handful of Admirals Clubs which accept Priority Pass. Most do not.
Old May 11, 2013, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by FindAWay
Mrs. FindAWay recently received a 100k for $3k spend within 3 mos. Pers. Plat. targeted offer. However, it was addressed to her maiden last name (address, first name, etc. are all otherwise the same). Will it present any issues if she applies under her now-changed, married last name on-line? Or, is the RSVP number pre-linked to last name on the mailer?

I'm guessing she would be able to use the RSVP number over the phone (with sending in a copy of the marriage certificate if it really came to it); but, I'd rather her be able to apply on-line with screenshots for confirmations.
Following up on my own post in case anyone is in a similar situation. Mrs. FindAWay applied on-line using the targeted 100k offer link and code. There was a "Name on Card" field in the on-line application that we completed with "Mrs. FindAWay" and the card came with that name on it.

HOWEVER, her emails from Amex, her on-line account (it was her first Amex), and the RECEIPTS printed out by merchants have "Ms. MaidenName" on them. It is quite odd that the receipts merchants print out have a different last name than that printed on the card; but, no problems so far. Once the bonus hits, we'll send in the marriage certificate to get the account changed over to her married last name.
Old May 26, 2013, 9:50 am

If anyone has a 100k offer or invitation code they aren't planning to use I would really appreciate one. I am planning a round of apps on Friday and want to include the Amex Platinum.

Thanks!
Old May 29, 2013, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Does anyone know what the criteria are to be targeted?
Old May 29, 2013, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 3MM, DL Plat, Hertz PC, SPG Gold
I received a 50K MR point offer today for a Platinum AMEX card.

Spend requirement was $5,000
Old May 29, 2013, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by yojimbo
I received a 50K MR point offer today for a Platinum AMEX card.

Spend requirement was $5,000
I got that same offer today for business platinum.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 7:22 pm

[Targeted] 75,000 for Amex Platinum?

I received an offer in the mail for the following card:

Platinum Card from American Express
75,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $3000 within first three months.
Annual fee: $450
Offer Expires: July 22, 2013

Is this a good offer? (Worth the annual fee?)

Last edited by AirFjord; Jun 19, 2013 at 7:29 pm
Old Jun 19, 2013, 7:34 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by AirFjord
I received an offer in the mail for the following card:

Platinum Card from American Express
75,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $3000 within first three months.
Annual fee: $450
Offer Expires: July 22, 2013

Is this a good offer? (Worth the annual fee?)
Yes and yes. There are ways to get back $400 in airline fees through the Amex plat reimbursement program. Do a little searching on this to find out how.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by ejh25
Yes and yes. There are ways to get back $400 in airline fees through the Amex plat reimbursement program. Do a little searching on this to find out how.

I know of $200, how do you get another $200 with one card?
Old Jun 19, 2013, 8:07 pm

I believe you do one time now and the second $200 in january when the new calendar year starts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.