Last edit by: gengar
Official website: https://thecenturionlounge.com/locations/las/
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge at LAS (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2013, 9:34 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
My email said 2 free visits until Dec. 13 as a MB Plat.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
I got the two visits offer (Amex Platinum). I already have free access for the Lounge Club location and the United Club (thanks Palladium card) but it will be fun to check out the Centurion Lounge.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 3:42 pm

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
Thumbs up First visit LAS Centurion Club

Mrs. and I made our first visit to the LAS Centurion club about 9 PM last night. We got in via an email offering unlimited use until 12/31/13 (Delta AmEx plat). We had arrived on a WN flight at the C concourse and had to ask a TSA supervisor to let us through the locked doors between C and D, which was granted. This is a pretty fancy club, although the decor is simple modern. There is a shower and a walled-off room for kids, with an assortment of toys. At 9 PM last night, the place was all but deserted. I'm not a drinker, but there were a lot of fancy looking bottles of liquor on display at the bar. Several types of seating arrangements.

The real draw is that there is real food! There was a small buffet with soup, several salads, several entrees, and several attractive side dishes to choose from, all well-prepared. We had quite a nice dinner out of it, something that would have cost maybe $30-$40 if we'd had to purchase. Fresh-squeezed orange juice and grapefruit juice, even at 9 PM. I'll definitely use this club frequently during the free period. I'm guessing it will be pretty expensive to buy a membership. AmEx must have been willing to put up some significant up-front costs to get this thing going, particularly with all the free memberships and/or free visits handed out.

It definitely beats the pants off all the SkyClubs I've been in (admittedly a fairly small subset) because of the food.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by DaDaDan
There's one in MEX Terminal 1 that's open to both American Express Platinum and Centurion charge cardmembers (i.e. not co-brand credit cards to my knowledge). Haven't been in a long, long time since DL now operates from Terminal 2 (and the Aeromexico lounge is nicer anyway), but it was a nice and unexpected benefit at the time.
I have been able to get into the MEX location with a DL Reserve card a couple times. Not sure if that's policy or just luck.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:15 pm

Is there any way to share these Plat invites? Or are they specific to your name?
I'm a Cdn plat and will be in LAS next month. Flying AC home, T3. Not sure of LAS terminal layout or if I would even be able to access it?

Would be neat to check out though if possible.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:57 pm

very cool

i was there the other night and took a few pics which i will try and figure out how to post. For the question above about food included...yes, everything was included.......and they said they have had quite a few people pay the 50 dollars (seems a bit steep to me)...they were handing out some sort of gift to those who paid (cookbook or cocktail book?)...nice touch (centurions were given something quite a bit cooler ;-))

It's a very nice lounge ....'chic, puts the las vegas club (priority pass lounge) to shame. There are lots of great seating areas for both groups or singles, including an array of small niches and very cool chairs etc etc. Whoever did the design absolutely hit a home run......

Food was better than any lounge i have seen in the states.....not like a LH FCL but honestly it was very acceptable and included hot chicken, some mac and cheese that people seemed to like (yuk lol).....salad, veg etc etc

nice bar ....decent selection, the wine was a bit underwhelming and the 'mixologist' was clearly new and inconsistent but tried very hard and all staff were very friendly and accommodating

Plans are to open several more this year (rumor is dallas next) but the staff was quite secretive about specifics......i can't wait to see the next one....btw they invited the PP staff over to take a look, they will be surprised

PS Sokolov....food was not two course, just buffet style ;-)

Last edited by bizorbetter; Mar 4, 2013 at 1:05 pm Reason: add ps
Old Mar 4, 2013, 6:39 pm

I am heading to check it out in 2 weeks!
Old Mar 4, 2013, 6:47 pm

Access to Centurion Lounge?

Just got my invite (Delta Gold AmEx) in time for our upcoming Vegas trip. However, we are flying SWA on the way back (when we would utilize the lounge) and the lounge is in the D gates...SWA flies out of B and C, right? (never flown them before).

Is there a way to get from B/C to D (and back) so we can spend some time in the lounge before our late flight out? I am such a newbie but we have only ever flown DL out of LAS and don't know much about moving from gates to gates at LAS. I've looked at the maps and there seems to be no way to access D gates from B/C unless you go through security.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 7:25 pm

Here is another URL link

www.americanexpress.com/thecenturionlounge
Old Mar 4, 2013, 9:22 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AS MVP, HH Gold, FPC Premier, Hyatt Diamond, CC Gold, TR Diamond
Originally Posted by PatL
Just got my invite (Delta Gold AmEx) in time for our upcoming Vegas trip. However, we are flying SWA on the way back (when we would utilize the lounge) and the lounge is in the D gates...SWA flies out of B and C, right? (never flown them before).

Is there a way to get from B/C to D (and back) so we can spend some time in the lounge before our late flight out? I am such a newbie but we have only ever flown DL out of LAS and don't know much about moving from gates to gates at LAS. I've looked at the maps and there seems to be no way to access D gates from B/C unless you go through security.
Posting #41 may have answered your question: "...had to ask a TSA supervisor to let us through the locked doors between C and D, which was granted."

I was sent via snail mail the same unlimited (not 5) complimentary access entries through 12/31/13 as mrbuoy did in posting #31 above. Can only speculate that is was part of my Hilton Hhonors Surpass American Express card (which came with a complimentary Priority Pass).
Old Mar 5, 2013, 12:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, JPM Palladium, Marriott Gold Elite
Same as Dyna

Originally Posted by dyna
Unlimited visits thru 2013, Amex Biz Plat, received via email:

The Centurion Lounge provides world-class service. From gourmet food, signature cocktails, and curated wines to quality entertainment and productive workspaces, our Lounges include many complimentary amenities.

Your Lounge Access We are pleased to present you with unlimited complimentary access through December 2013 to the Lounge in Las Vegas McCarran International Airport (LAS) or at additional future locations at select airports.2

Visit the Lounge To enter, simply present your valid American Express® Card ending in XXXXX and, upon request, your same-day airline ticket on any carrier and government-issued I.D.

Learn more about our first location open at Las Vegas International Airport (LAS) and future locations opening in select cities in 2013.
Same here. AMEX Plat, invitation through email, then days later I receive the access card in the mail. Maybe because they know I travel all over the globe?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 6:13 am
jsq

Programs: ual, aa, co, delta, centurion
does anyone know the hours of las vegas centurion lounge

hello friends,

does anyone know what hours of operation the las vegas lounge is open?

regards
Old Mar 5, 2013, 7:16 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Hours: 5:00am – 12:00am

http://thecenturionlounge.com/las-vegas.html
Old Mar 5, 2013, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I haven't received anything, despite have Amex Plat, Delta Amex Plat (and Hhonors Amex Surpass). Maybe it depends on how often you fly to LAS? (I've been there once, and changed planes there once, in the past few years.)
Old Mar 5, 2013, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm in LAS several times a year and still got a rock. No idea how it was determined.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.