Last edit by: gengar
Official website: https://thecenturionlounge.com/locations/las/
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge at LAS (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by ND76
I got the same e-mail earlier today, offering me 5 free visits good through the end of 2013. I've got a trip to LAS next month to the National Association of Broadcasters convention so I might just take them up on their invitation.

The lounge is adjacent to gate D4. When I went to LAS in January, our flight from MSP parked at this gate, which is located in the American Airlines part of concourse D.

Here are the FAQs about the new lounge found on the amex webpage:

Where are The Centurion℠ Lounge locations?
Our first location, The Centurion Lounge in Las Vegas McCarran Airport (LAS)-Concourse D, is now open. Check this site for updates as we open new lounges in select cities.

What are the hours of The Centurion Lounge?
Las Vegas (LAS): 5:00am – 12:00am

Who is eligible to visit The Centurion Lounge?
All American Express® Cardmembers with a valid American Express Credit or Charge Card are eligible to visit The Centurion Lounge. (Note: Access is subject to capacity and is not guaranteed.) Individuals under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.

What do I need to bring to The Centurion Lounge to get in?
To be admitted to The Centurion Lounge, you must present your valid American Express Credit or Charge Card and, upon request, show your same-day airline ticket on any carrier and government-issued I.D. If you received a promotional mailing with an Access Key, you must bring the American Express Card indicated on that Access Key.

Will I need to pay for admission to The Centurion Lounge?
Any eligible American Express Cardmember may purchase a one-day Access Key at the Lounge for $50. If you hold a Centurion Card from American Express, or if you received a promotional mailing with an Access Key, access to The Centurion Lounge is complimentary. Purchase of one-day Access Keys is subject to Lounge capacity.

Can I purchase a one-day Access Key in advance of my visit to The Centurion Lounge?
We do not currently offer the ability to purchase a one-day Access Key in advance. Access Keys may only be purchased at the Lounge at the time of your visit.

Can I purchase a membership to The Centurion Lounge?
We do not currently offer memberships. One-day Access Keys may be purchased at the Lounge at the time of your visit.

Are children permitted in The Centurion Lounge?
If you are traveling with your children under 18, they can accompany you at no additional charge. While children are welcome throughout the Lounge, Las Vegas and other select locations of The Centurion Lounge offer a separate family area.

I received a promotional mailing with an Access Key. What is the guest policy?
You may bring your spouse or domestic partner and children under 18, OR two traveling companions, as complimentary guests.

If I purchase a one-day Access Key at the Lounge, what is the guest policy?
Your children under 18 may accompany you at no additional charge. For any additional guests, you will need to purchase a one-day Access Key

My American Express Card is from outside the US. Am I eligible to access The Centurion Lounge?
Yes, all American Express Cardmembers who hold a valid American Express Credit or Charge Card are eligible to access The Centurion Lounge.

My American Express Card is issued by another bank. Am I eligible to access The Centurion Lounge?
Yes, all American Express Cardmembers who hold a valid American Express Credit or Charge Card are eligible to access The Centurion Lounge.

Can I visit The Centurion Lounge if I am flying on a private jet, charter, or other non-commercial aircraft?
All American Express Cardmembers who hold a valid American Express Credit or Charge Card are eligible to access The Centurion Lounge. (Note: Some Centurion Lounges are located airside, past airport security. In these cases, visitors will be required to pass through security in order to access the Lounge.)

Can I reserve a workspace or conference room?
Unfortunately, not at this time. The workspaces and conference rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a one-hour time limit on usage of the conference room when others are waiting.

What if I lost an item or left it behind at The Centurion Lounge?
Lost items are turned over to airport lost and found. If we can identify the owner of the item, we will attempt to contact him or her before delivering the item to airport lost and found.

Are pets and service animals permitted in The Centurion Lounge?
Service animals are permitted in the Lounge. In LAS, animals that are traveling with you as carry on are permitted in the Lounge, provided they remain in their carriers at all times. In other locations the pet policy may vary.

What amenities are included in The Centurion Lounge?
Amenities include:

Gourmet Buffet and Snacks
Premium Bar
Member Services Desk
TVs, Tablets, and Headphones
Magazines and Newspapers
Workspaces
High-speed Wi-Fi
Printer/Fax/Copier
Computer Bar
Conference Room*
Shower Suite*
Family Room*
*Available in select locations.

Why have you decided to invest in airport lounges now?
Travel is part of the American Express heritage. Because we already offer a number of proprietary lounges around the world, creating similar great experiences in the U.S. was a natural progression.

Why are you starting with Las Vegas?
Las Vegas is a key destination for our Cardmembers traveling for work or pleasure.

What are The Centurion Lounge house rules?
We ask that all guests observe the following house rules—The Centurion Lounge reserves the right to deny entry to any guest, or require any guest to leave, due to conduct that is inappropriate or disruptive or that prevents other guests from enjoying the Lounge, at the discretion of the Lounge staff.

Alcoholic beverages will not be served to anyone under 21 years of age or to anyone who appears to be intoxicated.
Food and alcoholic beverages may not be brought into, or removed from, the Lounge.
Smoking, chewing tobacco, smokeless tobacco, and electronic cigarette use are not permitted.

This is welcome since the Priority Pass Program is lame for US based clubs, great internationally, especially Africa.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:02 pm

Air side Terminal D4 which is Delta and Jet Blue
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA 1P, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
I read the FAQ, but I don't see anywhere if wives can come in for free accompanied by the Centurion holder? It says kids are free, but nothing about +1's. Or did I miss it?
From the FAQ:

I received a promotional mailing with an Access Key. What is the guest policy?

You may bring your spouse or domestic partner and children under 18, OR two traveling companions, as complimentary guests.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Centurion
Yes in D but you can move between most terminals while inside secure zone.

If a get a chance tomorrow i'll stop in and ask any Q's one might have and if not busy i'll take a few picks
Old Feb 28, 2013, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Centurion
I think JetBlue uses the E gates, which are connected airside by the underground tram, but it's not that convenient.

Other airlines using the D gates, besides DL include Allegiant, AA, Hawaiian and United. Since the lounge is near D4, it's central enough no matter which wing of the D concourse your flight departs from.

$50 is still kind of steep, even if the food & beverage quality is high. I rarely plan to be in a terminal for more than 30 minutes before boarding.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Mlife Noir, Hyatt Globalist
Luckily, I received the email while in Las Vegas, with five free access keys through the end of the year. It was linked to my Amex SPG card.

The lounge opened on Tuesday, and they told me that they didn't advertise until after it was open because of delays that had pushed back the opening.

Anyway, I flew today, which is the third day it was open. Let me say, I was pretty blown away (especially for a domestic lounge lol). The customer service was over the top, from the check in to the dining area/bar to the technology center.

I was there in the morning, and they were serving a full breakfast. The food was actually really really good! And the service in the room was awesome - they even offered to get me more eggs when they saw I was finished!

There's a full bar, complementary as well, free wi-fi, a kids playroom, just about everything you could ask for.

They also gave a free gift bag for checking it out as well.

All in all, I would say I was very impressed. Maybe this will get other lounges to step their game up!
Old Feb 28, 2013, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by bizorbetter
If a get a chance tomorrow i'll stop in and ask any Q's one might have and if not busy i'll take a few picks
What kind of food is offered?

Are there extra charges for warm meals?

The website speaks of "Dining in Decadence" and "celebrity chefs" and has a picture of plates for a two-course meal. That got me curious. :-)
Old Mar 1, 2013, 3:02 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
You would have thought there would have been atleast some discount for Platinum customers.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 7:41 am

This lounge is certainly a cut above a Sky Club lounge. I can't help but wonder whether Amex's entry into the lounge business may signify a parting of the ways with Delta.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 7:46 am

Programs: DL PM
Got the invite with a regular Amex Business Platinum Card. Only got two visits though.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Seems I do end up with a rock... Amex Reserve biz card and blue personal card. GF has a DL plat and nothing either. Oh well.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by sokolov
What kind of food is offered?

Are there extra charges for warm meals?

The website speaks of "Dining in Decadence" and "celebrity chefs" and has a picture of plates for a two-course meal. That got me curious. :-)
You expect me to do that on post 666! eeeerie lol ;-)

i will find out time permitting....i expect it is included as it's 50 bux for non Cent's (such non-cents get it?)
Old Mar 1, 2013, 8:16 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
I've got Platinum, DL Plat, SPG, spent a few grand in Vegas (no gambling or flights but food/hotels) and got zilch. I have a feeling this may be tied to a spend amount or Vegas spend.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 8:22 am

Programs: DL,BA,KE
Originally Posted by Dubai Stu
This lounge is certainly a cut above a Sky Club lounge. I can't help but wonder whether Amex's entry into the lounge business may signify a parting of the ways with Delta.
It's probably a positive for Delta. First they're opening in LAS where they don't have a skyclub. The model is also different since it's 'pay as you go'. If they do open a Centurion club at a Delta hub, it will just end up siphoning of those fliers who want to pay an extra $50 and ease the overcrowding of the current skycubs.

I'll be travelling to LAS in a few months so I'm curious to see if the initial impressions can be sustained.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Dubai Stu
Daddy AMEX has far too much invested in Delta to part ways. However, even AMEX likely knows they have taken far too much from Delta (crowded SkyClubs due to AMEX holders, SkyMiles called SkyPesos due to flooding the market with AMEX users, etc.) and need to do something to improve the experience for its cardholders.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.