[Expired] No Fee First Year 50K after $1k spend AMEX P.R. GOLD

Subscribe
Enter info below to see offer: Don't think it will work for those who got Platinum last month.

http://www.creditcards.com/cardmatch

Earn More: earn 50K Membership Rewards® points after you spend $1,000 during your first 3 months of Card membership; earn 15K points after you spend $30,000 within one calendar year

$0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $175
This site has been mentioned before. You do NOT have to give your SS#. I do qualify for the 50K AMEX MR offer. Hmmmm...

Fine print:

Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express

Receive 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $1,000 in 3 months.1 Receive 15,000 points after you spend $30,000 within one calendar year.
Introductory annual fee of $0 for the first year, then $175

† Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any other Consumer ZYNC®, Green or Gold Card or Platinum Card® account within the last 90 days.
General rule has been that you're not eligible if you've held a charge card product in the 90 days before application.
Has anybody had luck getting AMEX to match this offer if you were approved for the same card and points but with a higher spend requirement? We got this card 2 weeks ago with a $5K spend requirement.
Quote: General rule has been that you're not eligible if you've held a charge card product in the 90 days before application.
Just to refresh my memory. A charge card is one that has to be paid off in full each month right? The SPG is not such a card.
Quote: This site has been mentioned before. You do NOT have to give your SS#. I do qualify for the 50K AMEX MR offer. Hmmmm...

Fine print:

Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express

Receive 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $1,000 in 3 months.1 Receive 15,000 points after you spend $30,000 within one calendar year.
Introductory annual fee of $0 for the first year, then $175

† Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any other Consumer ZYNC®, Green or Gold Card or Platinum Card® account within the last 90 days.
damn..closed my PRG back in may 2012...hopefully this will stick around..pretty good card if i can get it for free..i'll take more Avios miles!
Quote: Just to refresh my memory. A charge card is one that has to be paid off in full each month right? The SPG is not such a card.
Correct. Charge cards include: Green, Gold, Premier Rewards Gold, and Platinum.

(and I guess Zync, from the previous post.)
i'm getting this (in incognito) when looking at the actual offer

Currently, our systems are not responding. Please try again later or call/contact us as follows:

To apply by phone or for product information --

We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to serving you.
Just got a Platinum card last month during the 100k public bonus. Wish there was some way I could get this bonus as well
Quote: Just got a Platinum card last month during the 100k public bonus. Wish there was some way I could get this bonus as well
This bonus was available last month during the Plat 100K as well ... you just chose the Plat over the PRG
thanks for the heads up OP! i'm sure there are lots of people who missed out on the offer last month and would be happy to apply now
Quote: This bonus was available last month during the Plat 100K as well ... you just chose the Plat over the PRG
I know - should have gotten both. Hindsight is 20/20!
Targeted American Express PRG 50,000 on $1000 spend
I just checked creditcards.com and it showed an offer for AmEX PRG 50,000 MR on $1000 spend..

I checked yesterday and there was no offer for PRG only the regulars:
45k Delta Gold
250 BCP
150 BCE

I currently have the Business Platinum and the BCP and looking to add the PRG and the Hilton surpass (went I was before the devaluation). Is this the best offer out there right now? any chance we will see a 75k bonus offer in the next couple of months?
Quote: I just checked creditcards.com and it showed an offer for AmEX PRG 50,000 MR on $1000 spend..

I checked yesterday and there was no offer for PRG only the regulars:
45k Delta Gold
250 BCP
150 BCE

I currently have the Business Platinum and the BCP and looking to add the PRG and the Hilton surpass (went I was before the devaluation). Is this the best offer out there right now? any chance we will see a 75k bonus offer in the next couple of months?
Public offer, almost surely not. I had a 75K targeted offer last year. you may get one, but it's luck of the draw, as far as I know.
Offer is no longer available... I just tried - it shows you that message after you actually try to "apply" for it.

Any other links for the free first year?

I was offered this deal, but when I tried to apply, it said it was no longer available?