Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

$200 statement credit for Amex Platinum - No need to buy Airline GC's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$200 statement credit for Amex Platinum - No need to buy Airline GC's

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2016, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by shan23
Thanks for the warning - I really am having second thoughts now. Would you say using the MPX app for airline reimbursements has lesser risk compared to this method, since that is also not using the credits for its intended purpose? I've already used the MPx method for my PRG, and that has worked like a charm.
It's not the whole using the credits for the not intended purposes that's really risky, although can be a bit, its the whole refunding after you get your credit that is risky. It's on par with meeting min spend and then returning whatever you bought, it doesn't look good.
Old May 6, 2016, 5:12 pm

Programs: Southwest, SPG, IHG
Originally Posted by hiima
It's not the whole using the credits for the not intended purposes that's really risky, although can be a bit, its the whole refunding after you get your credit that is risky. It's on par with meeting min spend and then returning whatever you bought, it doesn't look good.
Ahhh, that REALLY hits the nail on the head! I completely am against meeting min-spend that way, and I now understand why you were similarly disapproving of the Delta Upgrade method. Sucks, as I applied for the Plat knowing that this method existed somewhere - I now have to find $400 worth of natural spend using MPX retailers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.