Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas] 2013 - 2016

Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: stimpy
FHR properties in Las Vegas are discussed HERE.

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
  • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
  • Daily breakfast for two people
  • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

Per the T's and C's of FHR, you must pay with an American Express card when checking out of the hotel. However many front desk agents don't notice or care so it is possible, but not a guarantee, that you can pay with a non-Amex card.
Print Wikipost

FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas] 2013 - 2016

Old Jan 10, 2013, 8:26 am

Programs: Centurion, Lan Platinum, ANA Mileage Club, HHonors D, SPG G
Originally Posted by LowRoller
Didnt want to start a thread for basic question:
Thinking of booking Ritz Carlton through FHR, can i still receive marriot points as well?
yep you sure can!
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:01 pm

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
Originally Posted by LowRoller
Didnt want to start a thread for basic question:
Thinking of booking Ritz Carlton through FHR, can i still receive marriot points as well?
Yes, just pull the FHR reservation into your Marriott/Ritz profile.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sachs1999
I was truely disgusted. Taking all this out even the hotel is so far below what I would expect. They did a lipstick renovation. The insides of the rooms still had 20 year old doors and the walls are paper thin. I have called amex and let them know. They apologized, not much they can do but wanted to get it off my chest.
Absolutely shocking. If they charged you for any of the breakfast I think you could easily fight that, but I'd take this up with Hyatt corporate via complaints channels or social media - this sounds like a truly appalling stay and they need to know how badly this property is performing.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by JAGMAP
Yes, just pull the FHR reservation into your Marriott/Ritz profile.
Awesome, and I will assume this works with other hotel chains as well.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 3:44 pm

London

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for FHR hotels in London. The wife and I were considering the Mandarin Oriental, just because that is close to the area we love, Chelsea. Any tips? Thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 9:01 am

US Grant

My understanding is that you get $100 dinner credit and a $40 per person breakfast credit at the grant grill. It seems the $40 per person can be used for room service as well. I'm staying there one night and will be leaving before breakfast starts...does anybody know if I checkin early (noon) will I be able to use that credit for lunch? Just seeing if anybody has tried that.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 9:16 pm

Called SPG on an upcoming FHR stay. CSR said she couldn't add my SPG number the reservation and I would not get points. She said she couldn't add notes or access my reservation because it came through Amex.

Ideas or solutions?

jb
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:03 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
SPG customer service is frequently mistaken about this, You should be able to pull up the reservation using your confirmation number on spg.com and manually add your Preferred Guest membership number. I have always received points and stay credit from SPG on FHR bookings, even if customer service has said otherwise.

Originally Posted by jbarm
Called SPG on an upcoming FHR stay. CSR said she couldn't add my SPG number the reservation and I would not get points. She said she couldn't add notes or access my reservation because it came through Amex.

Ideas or solutions?

jb
Old Jan 13, 2013, 9:14 am

ICH Cartlon Cannes
- Upgrade from Basic to partial sea view (still very nice)
- One complimentary bottle of champagne in room
- EURO 85 F&B used
- Free Internet
- Late checked out 4 pm used
- Full buffet breakfast for 2
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
My understanding is that you get $100 dinner credit and a $40 per person breakfast credit at the grant grill. It seems the $40 per person can be used for room service as well. I'm staying there one night and will be leaving before breakfast starts...does anybody know if I checkin early (noon) will I be able to use that credit for lunch? Just seeing if anybody has tried that.

We stayed here over the summer. We were upgraded to a very nice suite. I do not know the answer to your question about lunch, but if the answer is no, perhaps you can order breakfast via room service and ask them to package it up to go so you can take it with you.

Dinner is expensive, even with the $100 credit and some of the desserts are tiny.

FYI: the hotel is rumored to be haunted; as the front desk staff or google it. It is a very interesting story.

Parking is pretty high since it is downtown San Diego.

Enjoy your stay!
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
Called SPG on an upcoming FHR stay. CSR said she couldn't add my SPG number the reservation and I would not get points.........
jb
I think she is mistaken. I would call again or wait and ask the hotel front desk to add your SPG number to the reservation. I received SPG credit for my U.S. Grant stay recently. Also check out post #1191 that also confirms you get credit.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post16007026
Old Jan 15, 2013, 8:13 pm

Ideas or solutions?

jb
Do it the other way. Call FHR and ask them to add your SPG number. I've done this many times.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 8:18 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Global Entry
You can also just add your SPG number when you check in. But yes, you should call the hotel back or FHR and ask them to add it. The hotel has done it for me many times and Amex has been able to add the number to the reservation before as well. The person at the hotel front desk must have just not known what he/she was doing.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by poptarts
We stayed here over the summer. We were upgraded to a very nice suite. I do not know the answer to your question about lunch, but if the answer is no, perhaps you can order breakfast via room service and ask them to package it up to go so you can take it with you.

Dinner is expensive, even with the $100 credit and some of the desserts are tiny.

FYI: the hotel is rumored to be haunted; as the front desk staff or google it. It is a very interesting story.

Parking is pretty high since it is downtown San Diego.

Enjoy your stay!
Thanks for the info, looking forward to the stay. I see they have all night dining, so with the early flight, maybe i'll order from that and see if it works.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:50 am

Loews Hotel Vogue Montreal & Fairmont Chateau Frontenac Quebec

Loews Vogue Montreal
- Booked the most basic room, received a king suite upgrade and it was amazing. Spacious (two rooms combined) with two full-size bathrooms (each has its own shower, bath, TV)
- Received $100 F&B credit
- Received two continental breakfast worth about $19 each
- Had the option for late check out but did not use.

The room initially cost me about $169+ tax, the suite upgrade alone is worth $120.

Chateau Frontenac, Quebec City
- Booked the most basic room and upgraded in advance with my upgrade voucher (as a fairmont platinum member). Did not receive additional upgrade with FHR
- Received $100 F&B credit
- Received two breakfast buffet worth about $35 each (I think)
- Had option for late check out and did use

The junior suite that I upgraded to is not that impressive. I don't know if I would have received a FHR upgrade had I not used my suite voucher. This is my third time staying at Chateau Frontenac (got married here!) if you get the older rooms, it's not that nice.. but when I got married here I got the suite on the gold floor which was impressive. Otherwise, the hotel is alright.

Cost: $215+ tax

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.