Delta 15% transfer bonus is back thru 8/15

https://www.delta.com/skymiles/getmi...onus/index.jsp
Old Jul 16, 2003, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA - Lifetime Gold
Thanks
Old Jul 18, 2003, 9:40 am
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: Amex Centurion. Amanjunkie. AA & DL Platinum
Does anyone know if you recieve the bonus by initiating the transfer with AMEX prior to Aug. 15, or does Delta need to receive the points prior to Aug 15? The transfer can take between 3-5 business days.

Any help would be appreciated
Old Jul 18, 2003, 6:42 pm

"The 15% bonus will be applied to the number of miles deposited in your SkyMiles account between July 15 and August 15, 2003."

So the it is the date Delta receives the miles, not when you initiate a transfer.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 12:22 pm
Original Member

Has anyone gotten their bonus?

When I call Delta they tell me to call AMEX and vice-versa.

No-one at either place can seem to find the details regarding the offer.

Old Oct 22, 2003, 4:21 am

Programs: AA - Lifetime Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Andy2:

Has anyone gotten their bonus?

When I call Delta they tell me to call AMEX and vice-versa.

No-one at either place can seem to find the details regarding the offer.

</font>
I have. Did a transfer on 8/14, got my bonus points on 9/11.

Old Oct 22, 2003, 4:54 pm

Me too. Got the bonus a long time ago.
Old Oct 25, 2003, 9:38 pm

Location: FL, UA 1K 2M, NH DIA, DL Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, National Emer Exec
Me neither.

I got the same run around last time when they did not give me the bonus which I never did. I just have to keep my finger crossed and hope for the best.
Old Oct 28, 2003, 10:46 am

Programs: AA-Plt, UA-1P, PC Plt, National ECEE
I made a transfer on July 29 that posted within two days. The bonus miles have yet to post.

I have called Delta twice, and both times I'm told they take up to 8 weeks from the end of the promo period and to keep waiting. Now it's almost 10 weeks, and other people have had their miles post months ago. The kicker is that I need the measly 300 bonus miles to redeem my last award ticket on DL for the foreseeable future.

[This message has been edited by MilesMonster (edited 10-28-2003).]
Old Oct 30, 2003, 3:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
AMEX is NOW advertising a 15% bonus for transfer of Membership Rewards points from AMex to your Delta SkyMiles account between November 1 and Dec 15. Not targeted, published in a magazine.
Old Oct 30, 2003, 6:31 pm
Original Member

I have some good news that may help others.

I called AMEX about the 15% and they posted within a few days. More importantly, I received a letter from AMEX informing me that they had posted my 15% bonus.

Thanks for the replies. They inspired me to call about my missing miles.
Old Feb 21, 2004, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA-Plt, UA-1P, PC Plt, National ECEE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MilesMonster:
I made a transfer on July 29 that posted within two days. The bonus miles have yet to post.

I have called Delta twice, and both times I'm told they take up to 8 weeks from the end of the promo period and to keep waiting. Now it's almost 10 weeks, and other people have had their miles post months ago. The kicker is that I need the measly 300 bonus miles to redeem my last award ticket on DL for the foreseeable future.

[This message has been edited by MilesMonster (edited 10-28-2003).]
</font>
I called DL again about the missing bonus miles, and after being put on hold for a lengthy period of time, the rep told me that I had to have been targetted for the bonus miles. I told her that I signed up online before making the transfer, but she said that didn't matter because my SkyMiles account wasn't targetted. Why would DL put the 15% bonus on the SkyMiles web site if it was only a targetted offer?

Within a few weeks, I got an offer from DL to transfer MORE amex points to SkyMiles. Grrrr.

Does anyone know if the bonus miles were really targetted?
Old Feb 22, 2004, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
It wasn't targeted. It was opened to anyone, registration required. I registered, made a transfer, and my bonus posted at the beginning of the month IIRC.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.