FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Amex (USA) refuses to honor signup bonus [Consolidated] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1420195-amex-usa-refuses-honor-signup-bonus-consolidated.html)

mrshids May 10, 2012 2:26 am

Amex (USA) refuses to honor signup bonus [Consolidated]

Signed up for special one day offer 75k bonus miles and made a screen shot of the offer. Amex refuses to honor the bonus claiming I made the application through a telemarketer and not online. Rubbish. How to prove them wrong or get my bonus. I have called and written many times.

ADZ1616 May 10, 2012 3:30 am

Amex refuses to honor 75k bonus offered on 11/03/11

Where was the promotion?
Uk us?

mia May 10, 2012 7:08 am

One-day 75,000 point bonuses are typically used to promote the USA-issued Business Gold Rewards card. However, mrshids would need to clarify these details, and explain how he has contacted American Express for us to provide any meaningful assistance.

mrshids May 10, 2012 9:29 am

The card was applied for in USA online. I first called Amex number on the card was denied because they say I was not offered the bonus. I sent secure IM also was denied That I was not offered bonus. I mailed in a copy of the screen shot I took when I applied for the card to the Ft Lauderdale address given, I received a response they have no record of the reward offered being extended to me. I then tweeted amex and they came back and said I did apply on Nov3rd the date of the extra bonus but I went through a telemarketer which makes no sense and is false.

tcmaes May 10, 2012 2:57 pm

Mrshids, have you considered looking back at your browser history and proving you visited their application url at the November 3rd timeline, or have you considered using your credit bureau information to prove that they pulled your credit on that day? Either type of information would help.

mia May 10, 2012 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by tcmaes (Post 18551611)
... prove that they pulled your credit on that day? Either type of information would help.

The date does not seem to be in question. American Express's records show that the application was made by telephone rather than online.

I assume it was the offer discussed in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...s-nov-3-a.html

mrshids May 11, 2012 12:35 pm

I have a screen shot of the offer saved on that date which I can provide. Assuming I did apply on the phone , which is not correct , I applied based on the offer and there is even a phone number on the bottom of the one day offer 1 800 519 open to apply by phone so the offer does not appear to be online exclusive. Further it appears from the link on flyer talk provided that people received their bonuses didn't even make the spend requirement , I have spent about $60,000 on the card so far and you are denying me the bonus.

mia May 11, 2012 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by mrshids (Post 18557002)
...you are denying me the bonus.

To be sure there is no misunderstanding, no one who posts here works for American Express.

redtop43 May 11, 2012 2:40 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ding-them.html

mrshids May 16, 2012 10:32 am

Amex has granted me the reward points as per the bonus signup. Thanks to all who participated in this post.

mia May 16, 2012 10:34 am

Excellent. Perhaps you could write a few lines explaining who you contacted, how (phone, email, Twitter, postal mail, etc) and what you said or provided to resolve the problem? This will help others.

thepenguins Dec 22, 2012 3:07 pm

Amex [USA] refuses to honor signup bonus [Consolidated]

Hello,
After being SPG Starwood Amex holder since 2001 I decided to apply for the Real Amex Plat card using one of the generic 25k bonus links that were all over the internet over the summer with 2k spend in the first 3 months. After receiving the card, I spent the 2k required in the first month and called to confirm that I would receive the points, they said yes, it would take a few weeks.

After waiting 8 weeks and no points, i called again which they told me that I was not targeted for this promotion.

Of course i was not targeted, it was a generic promotion. They refused to honor it and told me the only thing i could do was write a letter and send it in to MR in Ft. Lauderdale. I did that and even included a screenshot of the generic offer. After a week i received the same standard response that it I was not targeted.

Has anybody had a similar experience with Amex MR? Does anybody have a suggestion on what I can do now? I am out of ideas and considering just canceling the both Amex cards as my protest to this unethical business practice.

CLTF Dec 23, 2012 12:11 pm

Delta Platinum Skymiles Amex fiasco!

I signed myself and my wife up for the 35k promo via a link on a website.

we both got the card, when i activated mine I had to FIGHT for the promo, they said it didnt exist, wanted to give me only 10k....annoying. FINALLY showed them the link and they honored the promo.

My wife's card arrived, applied via same link...she calls to activate ...on the phone for 2 hours, they say link doesnt exist, etc...

finally she emails the supervisor the link, they see it, they confirm it is legit AND they look up my account and confirm I HAVE the offer. They REFUSE to honor it for my wife, saying they have no authority. All they do is 'refer' it for further evaluation....what the heck is that??? we now have to wait 15 days to hear back...which is CRAZY as she should have the offer...whats the point of an application with offer terms if they just change it or decide not to honor it....now they gave it to me, and they know it is a real link, why on earth did they not instantly give it to her? We are refusing to use her card until we hear back...any advise? we are long time AMEX customers and this whole thing is very annoying!!!

UpgradeMe Dec 23, 2012 12:46 pm

I could have sworn that FT has an Amex forum specifically designated for rants like this.

MSPeconomist Dec 23, 2012 12:48 pm

I think stuff about AmEx DL branded credit cards normally goes in the DL forum.