Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

When is card anniversary? Thinking about cancelling plat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2013, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Hi,

Couldn't find this through search--how do you ascertain when amex will charge for the second year membership fee? I'm likely going to cancel the plat card but wanted to do it probably right before. Do they give you a courtesy email reminder that you'll be charged the second year fee beforehand?

Thanks!
Old Jan 6, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
Just call them up and they can find the date quickly. Dial the number on the back and hit 0 a few times. I believe the fees are still prorated so you can cancel at pretty much any time and get the prorated amount back.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

thanks!
Old Jan 6, 2013, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Also, you can just wait until the annual fee appears on your statement. You can cancel within 30 days of that and not have to pay any of it, even if you use the card during that first 30 days of your next year.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Your account opening date is the date of the initial inquiry. It will usually show up on the next statement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.