Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Supplementary Centurion Cards

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2012, 3:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
Supplementary Centurion Cards

Hi everyone I have a quick question. I have a business centurion, and if I were to get a supplementary card, would it be another business centurion, or is it possible to ask for a regular centurion card?

Thanks,
Emirates202
Old Dec 7, 2012, 8:05 am

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Emirates202
Hi everyone I have a quick question. I have a business centurion, and if I were to get a supplementary card, would it be another business centurion, or is it possible to ask for a regular centurion card?

Thanks,
Emirates202
Short answer = no.

Longer answer =
You will be issued with a second card of the same type/classification (e.g. a business card will be a business card, a corporate will be a corporate, a personal will be a personal, an SPG card will be an SPG, etc etc).

What "level" that card is depends on what you request (and are entitled to). So your supplementary card could be a Centurion (business of course) if you wish to pay $2500 extra and if you haven't used up your "allowance" of two cardholders (this cap was introduced in September).

You can also decide to have the additional card as a Platinum or Gold (all business-types, as mentioned) depending on how much you want to pay in annual fees for the extra card...
Old Dec 7, 2012, 4:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by S.Bling
Short answer = no.

Longer answer =
You will be issued with a second card of the same type/classification (e.g. a business card will be a business card, a corporate will be a corporate, a personal will be a personal, an SPG card will be an SPG, etc etc).

What "level" that card is depends on what you request (and are entitled to). So your supplementary card could be a Centurion (business of course) if you wish to pay $2500 extra and if you haven't used up your "allowance" of two cardholders (this cap was introduced in September).

You can also decide to have the additional card as a Platinum or Gold (all business-types, as mentioned) depending on how much you want to pay in annual fees for the extra card...
Thanks for the info!

I have another question though. Since I have a centurion, is it possible to apply for another, this time a personal, or its just like how I got it the first time- invited after having plat for a few years?
Old Dec 8, 2012, 11:10 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Thanks for the info!

I have another question though. Since I have a centurion, is it possible to apply for another, this time a personal, or its just like how I got it the first time- invited after having plat for a few years?
You can't apply for Centurion, they invite you. So if you were to open a personal Plat card, technically everything starts fresh. Of course, YMMV depending on how vocal you are about wanting to have a personal Cent card. Which card you have is splitting hairs at some point, and the Chariman's office tends to be a lot more reasonable about requests that are outside of policy. I think this would be especially true for someone at your level of spend.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 8:33 am

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
Thanks for the info!

It's usually the same procedure as the first time, although some people may tell you there are exceptions every few years when they relax certain rules (e.g. waiving part of the spend for an existing Cent to get the "other" card, exchanging one type for the other, basing the annual spend on less than 12 months' history with exceptional spend, etc etc).
These are one-off phases with Amex, and they always end after someone decides they were misguided.

In the past couple of years, with an almost absolute moratorium on new cardholders (in an effort to reduce the numbers) and a new cap on supplementals (and the corresponding raise in annual fees for them), it is fairly obvious that Amex would most likely turn down your request.

Whatever the case may be, keep in mind that you will be required to pay an entirely new $7500 if you are offered a new card-type - there is no consideration for existing cardholders in this regard and (short of the chairman writing you a personal check) no exceptions made.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.