Prorated annual fee refund upon cancellation?

Subscribe
Anyone know if you get a prorated refund if you cancel a charge card midway through the fee-year?
You certainly do in the UK.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Flying Dutchman:
Anyone know if you get a prorated refund if you cancel a charge card midway through the fee-year?</font>
I believe that happened to me on the Delta Skymiles Amex some time ago.
You will get a pro-rated refund in the US as well.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Flying Dutchman:
Anyone know if you get a prorated refund if you cancel a charge card midway through the fee-year?</font>
I got a prorated fee refund for my American Express Delta SkyMiles CC. I don't know if this is true for other cards.
Next, don't cancel when you still get miles/points; some Amexco miles/points post a couple of weeks after the purchase.

When I queried the reduced service levels and increased fee for the UK Plat card in March 2002, they told me that I could resign within three months of the renewal period for a 100% refund.

I didn't do so, and don't know if this is a general offer, so, please check before trying this !