Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

do you still get miles if pay off Delta AmEx before statement close?

Old Aug 14, 2002, 7:46 am
Original Poster

just wondering, i have a Delta Gold AmEx and recently made some purchases in the current billing cycle. i was planning to transfer this amount to a 0% APR credit card, but was curious whether i'd still get the miles, since my next statement will show i owe nothing (charges made during period, but then paid off through balance transfer before statement closes)??
Old Aug 14, 2002, 8:44 am

Programs: AA - Lifetime Gold
Yes, you'll still get the points. Even though AMEX won't make money off of your charges from interest, they got their fee. I purchased $20k in savings bonds last month to get the double points promo. I paid the amount off during the billing cycle. I should be seeing the points post to my DL account within the next few days. I'll update this thread once they do.
Old Aug 21, 2002, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA - Lifetime Gold
Got my points

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.