[EXPIRED] Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SM & $100 Statement credit

Subscribe
Quote: Purchased the Pin online for $1.00 at Delta Store Friday 9-21 around noon CST after receipt and activation of card. 1st use of the card. Charge still pending while all other charges moved to posted. Also, since 1st charge Friday no 25000 bonus miles yet.

Thanks for the fun thread.
My charge is also still pending . I wonder if they only charge once you pick up.
Got my card on 9/20, made some purchases. Statement will be closed on 9/25, but so far no bonus miles for first purchase as other received. I'll wait couple of days and contact AMEX via SM. I don't want to spend $5K if I don't get a bonus.
Quote: My charge is also still pending . I wonder if they only charge once you pick up.
Copy of email received this morning. The plot thickens:
"Did you really want to pick up your order in the Museum Store in Atlanta?
Judy

[Redacted]

Delta Heritage Museum Store Manager

404-773-1219

[Redacted]

Charge is still pending:

Friday, September 21
DELTA AIRLINES 1 dollars and.00 Cents

Doing Business As DELTA AIRLINES
Merchant Address 1060 DELTA BLVD, BLDG B, ATLANTA, GA 30354-1989 UNITED STATES
Category Other - Charities
FYI, I got this card after calling the reconsider line and sent them a secured email asking if buying miles would count. I got this reply today:

Please be advised that buying miles at delta.com would be considered a delta purchase.

If you should have any additional concerns please let us know.

Sincerely,

xxx
Delta Air Lines
SMAS

So the fewest number of miles you could buy is 2k for $70 which means you would get paid $30 to get an extra 2k miles. Seems good if you're not buying a ticket in the next few months, no?

Edit: there's tax of $5.25 as well. I will let you guys know what happens if you want to wait to see if I get the credit!

Edit again: it shows up as "delta air lines" on my amex account.
haha poor Judy is probably trying to figure out why everyone wants to buy one $1 pen all of a sudden.
Quote: haha poor Judy is probably trying to figure out why everyone wants to buy one $1 pen all of a sudden.
I emailed her and she said "the charge should have gone through when I processed it."

I'm so impatient
Quote: I emailed her and she said "the charge should have gone through when I processed it."

I'm so impatient
I am with you, and hope the charges went throught and $100 credit appear after that..
Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SMs& $100 Statement credit
Hello All,

The offer that was alive a few weeks back for Delta Gold Amex for 70K with 100$ statement credit is alive again. The spending requirements are the same.

The link needs to be modified a little to get the offer. You might want to open it in Chrome or Firefox Private Mode.

Here is the link that you need to use. The link below pulls up the offer, but change the first name, last name and skymiles number in the link below and hit enter on your browser in private mode. This link is the same as the one before, except it is with www265 instead of www262.

https://www265.americanexpress.com/a...mber=222222222

If you cannot get the above link to work, follow the post number 92 by Kalametty.

I have not tried it myself since I got in on this deal. I was trying to post to the original link, but it seems the other link is closed.

This is my first post, so please be kind. Credit to SlickDeals.
Moderator action
Welcome to Flyertalk.

The original thread has been re-opened to incorporate Kasiraman's report. Please use Search this Thread function to see if your question has already been asked and answered.
Applied & approved! Thanks.
Quote: I was pre-selected for the 77.5k gold delta card, but it has a different spending requirement, and of course, the URL is different. So yeah, they are still providing targeted offers (I just checked a second ago to see if it is still up).
Curious as to what exactly was your offer - break up of the bonus miles and the spending requirement etc.? Pls post the details. Thanks.
Anyone got $100 credit for buying Delta miles?
Quote: I am with you, and hope the charges went throught and $100 credit appear after that..
please let us know what happens with this.
Someone reported in Slickdeals that their Delta Museum purchase did not work for 100$ credit. I am still trying to see what is the best way to do this without flying.
Quote: Someone reported in Slickdeals that their Delta Museum purchase did not work for 100$ credit. I am still trying to see what is the best way to do this without flying.
It was reported on FT that the museum purchase didn't work. See link below.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...gold-card.html