Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SM & $100 Statement credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SM & $100 Statement credit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2012, 7:55 am

Programs: N/A (kid =! no travel :( )
So how harsh is the delta card on multiple bonuses? I had the gold card around 4 years ago (canceled at the first year) and wondering if I should just wait longer or try now?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by dalemccl
True, I would get 5,000 Skymiles for spending $5k. But I currently only have a little under 6,000 Skymiles, so another 5k would not put me close to a ticket. I have about 137,000 on AA and want to get to 150,000 for 3 AAnytime tickets. So I would rather spend $5,000 with the AA card to move closer to 150,000. (if I'm not going to get the bonus Skymiles.)
Just checked my delta account after received my gold card last Friday, activated it and used it.. Statement is not even ended, my delta account shows 25000 miles posted on sept 24 with 10,000 andn15,000 miles.

Check yours.. Hope you got it as well.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by coco11
Just checked my delta account after received my gold card last Friday, activated it and used it.. Statement is not even ended, my delta account shows 25000 miles posted on sept 24 with 10,000 andn15,000 miles.

Same here, my Delta account shows 25k miles as well, and I got my card last Tuesday I believe.

Wow this is the best Delta offer in a long time! Can anyone else targeted confirm if they had the same URL? Or if they received a target offer since? I wonder if the one FT posted URL is dead but they are still providing targeted offers.

Dead URL:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...ber=1234567890
I was pre-selected for the 77.5k gold delta card, but it has a different spending requirement, and of course, the URL is different. So yeah, they are still providing targeted offers (I just checked a second ago to see if it is still up).

Last edited by lusity; Sep 24, 2012 at 9:01 am
Old Sep 24, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lusity
Same here, my Delta account shows 25k miles as well, and I got my card last Tuesday I believe.

I was pre-selected for the 77.5k gold delta card, but it has a different spending requirement, and of course, the URL is different. So yeah, they are still providing targeted offers (I just checked a second ago to see if it is still up).
What's this other offer that you got? How come my miles haven't posted yet?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by blackmamba
What's this other offer that you got? How come my miles haven't posted yet?
When did you do your first purchase on the card? Is link to correct delta ff acct?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
When did you do your first purchase on the card? Is link to correct delta ff acct?
Link corrected on first day I received the card. The AMEX website shows my correct Skymiles number and a new card has been sent to me. I have yet to receive any of the miles nor do I have "Skymiles Card Member" next to my name in my Skymiles account.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:19 am

Link corrected on first day I received the card. The AMEX website shows my correct Skymiles number and a new card has been sent to me. I have yet to receive any of the miles nor do I have "Skymiles Card Member" next to my name in my Skymiles account.
I assume this may take extra time on your case, since you corrected the number on the day you you receive it.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:13 pm

Anyone else notice that none of the Amex links from the delta web site work any longer?

Edit: Only the front page ones don't. The ones that you get "save xx now by getting cc" work.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
That companion pass thing is absolutely useless. It has so many requirements that you might as well not use it.
Used it last year to book a weekend trip LAX-ATL rt with about 2.5 weeks notice. Each ticket was $340 rt ... got both for $340 + taxes on the 2nd ticket, still earned MQMs on my ticket (even though it wasn't my companion pass), and even got a bump on the outbound and got $300 vouchers for each of us to wait an hour.

Couldn't get upgraded, but still had bulkhead EC on the 764 and A330. Still was good to save almost $350.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:38 pm

Yep...used mine on Thursday for the cancellation fee for a J TATL award next month. Got the $100 credit (used my Platinum for the other ticket fee) and the 25k.

Can't say it makes up for the cancelled vacation, but does lessen the sting.

Where is pcharles to tell me what a bad deal this is JJ, get what you say but putting this into rotation in addition to other cards - love my MR, UR, and Avios, but $5k spend for $100 and 70k miles can't be beat if you're on top of a AF hub and prefer TATL to TPAC. I'll watch what is happening with AF closely and burn all our miles on next year's famiy trip if it looks bad.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by pattermj
So how harsh is the delta card on multiple bonuses? I had the gold card around 4 years ago (canceled at the first year) and wondering if I should just wait longer or try now?
You should be able to apply again, I had the card last year as well and cancelled it this year.

BTW, I thought the application is expired.

Have anyone receive $100 credit on the Amex spending activities besides purchase an airticket from delta website? Anyone get credit from deltastore?

Thanks,
Coco

Originally Posted by kvs25
Well, my order is in pending status, so I'm not sure if they would cancel the order if I don't come pick it up. As I said, I'll update as things progress.
Is your order still showing pending? and any $100 credit show up?

Thanks

Last edited by saacman5033; Sep 24, 2012 at 3:59 pm
Old Sep 24, 2012, 3:17 pm

Programs: Chicago Transit Authority: Kevlar
Purchased the Pin online for $1.00 at Delta Store Friday 9-21 around noon CST after receipt and activation of card. 1st use of the card. Charge still pending while all other charges moved to posted. Also, since 1st charge Friday no 25000 bonus miles yet.

Thanks for the fun thread.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 5:20 pm

Got the card in the mail today, activated it, and then called the amex customer service number on the back of the card to confirm the card's rewards. When I asked about the card's rewards, at first the CSR started listing all the standard perks of a Gold Delta Amex card (e.g., 1 free bag check, priority boarding, etc.), made no mention of the bonus miles, and then she asked if I had any other questions. I said, "aren't I able to earn bonus miles with this card? I thought my application said something about 'welcome miles' and stuff?" She said, "yes, you'll get 10,000 bonus miles with your first purchase." I thought to myself, "uhh what?!?! Crap!" So then I said, "but the application I used online said something about 25K welcome miles as well as another batch of bonus miles if I spend a certain amount on the card?" She said, "let me bring up your account information so that I can confirm the details." I thought this was strange since she supposedly already had my account info pulled up. I was put on hold for about 30 seconds while she pulled up my account info, after which she got back on the phone and confirmed the 25K welcome miles plus 45K bonus miles after spending $5K in 6 months. She also confirmed the $100 credit with delta purchase. Anyway, she gave me a scare for a second there. Seems kind of strange that she cited the wrong number of bonus miles at first, doesn't it?

My wife also got this card (we submitted our applications within minutes of each other), so when she gets home we'll call about her card too. I'll post again if anything else strange happens during the call.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by evilhomer
Got the card in the mail today, activated it, and then called the amex customer service number on the back of the card to confirm the card's rewards. When I asked about the card's rewards, at first the CSR started listing all the standard perks of a Gold Delta Amex card (e.g., 1 free bag check, priority boarding, etc.), made no mention of the bonus miles, and then she asked if I had any other questions. I said, "aren't I able to earn bonus miles with this card? I thought my application said something about 'welcome miles' and stuff?" She said, "yes, you'll get 10,000 bonus miles with your first purchase." I thought to myself, "uhh what?!?! Crap!" So then I said, "but the application I used online said something about 25K welcome miles as well as another batch of bonus miles if I spend a certain amount on the card?" She said, "let me bring up your account information so that I can confirm the details." I thought this was strange since she supposedly already had my account info pulled up. I was put on hold for about 30 seconds while she pulled up my account info, after which she got back on the phone and confirmed the 25K welcome miles plus 45K bonus miles after spending $5K in 6 months. She also confirmed the $100 credit with delta purchase. Anyway, she gave me a scare for a second there. Seems kind of strange that she cited the wrong number of bonus miles at first, doesn't it?

My wife also got this card (we submitted our applications within minutes of each other), so when she gets home we'll call about her card too. I'll post again if anything else strange happens during the call.
I'd guess it was a small-time promotion, so they don't really think about it without checking. Bet it was a good scare, though.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 6:44 pm

About the 100 credit of the 70k delta cc

can i buy miles through delta to get that 100 credit? anyone knows?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.