Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Applying for 2 or more AMEX cards on the same day.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2016, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by slbnoob
What do you think of applying for the ED (private browsing 15k) and DL (50k + $50 targeted offer) from 2 browsers the same day? I have to get the ED to replace a PRG whose AF should post any day now. Any data points on combining HPs with an AMEX branded card (DL)?
Keep trying until you get the 25k offer on the Everyday, don't settle for 15k. Might take some persistence with Incognito browser windows but definitely still available, at least as of last month when I got it to appear for my brother.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 2:36 pm

Looking to apply for a business credit, personal credit, and business charge.

Do you guys think there is there any chance of combining these into 1 hard pull ?

I once read somewhere that you can get approved for 2 revolving cards as long as one is personal and one is business, can anyone confirm this ?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 1:09 pm

2 Charge Cards in One Day?

Hello,

Is it possible to get 2 charge cards in 1 day to combine pulls?
7 days ago I was instantly approved for SPG biz.
Today, I applied for Amex Gold, instantly approved.
Tried Green, pending.

Current Amex lineup:
SPG personal
SPG biz
Plat
Plat MB
Everyday
Gold (approved today)

Thanks in advance.

Edit: All cards approved.
DP: two charge cards in one day.

Last edited by Travelchurner; Feb 26, 2017 at 8:28 pm Reason: Was approved for all cards
Old Feb 23, 2017, 1:27 pm

One credit card and one charge card in one day still works. And no hard inquiry on my credit report either. Last Amex app was in May 2016. HTH.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Experian frozen and got approved for 3 Amex cards... looks like they soft pull?
Old Mar 3, 2017, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Travelchurner
Hello,

Is it possible to get 2 charge cards in 1 day to combine pulls?
7 days ago I was instantly approved for SPG biz.
Today, I applied for Amex Gold, instantly approved.
Tried Green, pending.

Current Amex lineup:
SPG personal
SPG biz
Plat
Plat MB
Everyday
Gold (approved today)

Thanks in advance.

Edit: All cards approved.
DP: two charge cards in one day.
Did you bother calling up recon for those pending apps, before they got approved? or just let it auto-processed?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 6:43 pm

Pre-qualified offer bypass daily limit

I applied for the SPG Personal and Biz Credit Cards today. I didn't realize that the second one is automatically put on hold for a few days, thus I would have been better off applying for a Charge card (still may do that since I have a few hours left today). I stumbled across the pre-qualified offers, and there's a few in there for me.

Do the pre-qualified offers bypass the max 1 card per day? I'd like to get the Blue Cash Preferred before that offer expires, and avoid another hard pull if possible. I've also read that you're limited to 1 or 2 cards per 90 day period (can't recall where I saw that though) and that will probably put me out past the BCP offer.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:21 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Mancolt
... limited to 1 or 2 cards per 90 day period (can't recall where I saw that though)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-days-usa.html
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:29 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
I applied for the ED 25k offer and Green 25k offer back to back and both were approved back in early February. Still no hard pulls on my EX, TU or EQ
Old Apr 5, 2017, 3:38 pm

Many people seem to get multiple cards approved on the same day. Are they credit cards or the first card is a CC and all later cards are charge cards? Wife was approved for SPG Biz earlier today and I'd like to try for another card. She has the DL 60k offer, but it's a CC. Also the Gold 25k offer I see and it's a charge card. Wondering if two CCs can be approved on the same day or if they'll defer for 5 days.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 3:58 pm

To update, I applied for 3 cards on the same day. The AmEx SPG Personal, AmEx SPG Business, and AmEx Platinum Business (charge card). I was approved for both the SPG Personal and Platinum Business charge card instantly (or near instantly), while the SPG Biz went to pending. I think that was a Monday. I was subsequently automatically approved for the SPG Biz 1 week later, without having to call or do anything more.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:23 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hertz Prez's Circle
Originally Posted by Mancolt
To update, I applied for 3 cards on the same day. The AmEx SPG Personal, AmEx SPG Business, and AmEx Platinum Business (charge card). I was approved for both the SPG Personal and Platinum Business charge card instantly (or near instantly), while the SPG Biz went to pending. I think that was a Monday. I was subsequently automatically approved for the SPG Biz 1 week later, without having to call or do anything more.
Well done! Did you get another credit inquiry for the SPG Biz that was approved 1 week later?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by Yarhead
Well done! Did you get another credit inquiry for the SPG Biz that was approved 1 week later?
I can't say. I haven't received any notification of an additional inquiry, but I only have access to CreditKarma reports as of now. So I'm only seeing the 2 bureaus they report on, and AmEx isn't showing on there at all. I wonder if AmEx used Experian. I think I can access my Experian report once a month from their free service, but I did that last week (and the SPG Biz approval was 3 days ago on Monday) so I have to wait another couple weeks to check. I'm hoping it was combined!
Old May 1, 2017, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
For reference, I applied for AMEX Gold Charge Card + SPG AMEX today and was instantly approved for both.
Old May 1, 2017, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
For reference, I applied for AMEX Gold Charge Card + SPG AMEX today and was instantly approved for both.
CC plus charge card is usually not a problem. I've gotten 1 CC and 2 charge cards all instantly approved on the same day before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.