Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum airline fee $200 reimbursement reports: HA only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 18, 2015, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:27 pm
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold

To my knowledge there have been no reports of attempted or successful reimbursements on Hawaiian Airlines expenses. Please reply to this thread if you have submitted such, successful or denied.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 3:04 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT,AMEX PLAT/GOLD/SPG, VIRGIN ELITE,Carnival PLAT, National Elite
Conducting

Hello, I setup my $200 over the phone last week and got an email conformation within 30 mins. I will be using it in 2 weeks, I will update after I use it. Pretty simple setup IMHO.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 3:15 pm
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk.

To be sure I understand correctly, you have selected Hawaiian Airlines as your carrier preference for this benefit, is that correct? What type of charges do you expect to incur in two weeks which will be eligible for reimbursement?
Old Aug 25, 2012, 9:42 am

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy LTT, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond
Baggage fee reimbursed in June

Originally Posted by mia
To my knowledge there have been no reports of attempted or successful reimbursements on Hawaiian Airlines expenses. Please reply to this thread if you have submitted such, successful or denied.
I set it up for HA the day of my flight and charged $17 x 3. Full amount was reimbursed about 2 weeks later.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 2:45 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by Ubud
I set it up for HA the day of my flight and charged $17 x 3. Full amount was reimbursed about 2 weeks later.
thanks for setting up the thread, mia.

Ubud, did you only use the card to pay for the bag fees?

oh, and they accept AMEX for booking airfare but not for buying a gift certificate???

Last edited by mrredskin; Aug 26, 2012 at 5:50 pm
Old Sep 6, 2012, 11:30 pm

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy LTT, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond
$200 airline fee reimbursement reports: HA only

Yes, I only paid for the bags via Amex. Airfare was part of a larger itin.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 4:49 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT,AMEX PLAT/GOLD/SPG, VIRGIN ELITE,Carnival PLAT, National Elite
I will be paying for bags, car seats, strollers, food to Kauai and back home to San Diego, CA.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 4:38 pm
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
I used $200 to be Hawaiian Air Premier Club member for my wife ($250 a year).
So I just paid $50(AMEX reimbursed $200 to me).
Old Sep 25, 2012, 6:30 pm

I put the charge on my account last tuesday AM and it was credited by Saturday morning. Quick turn around!
Old Oct 5, 2012, 7:28 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Had two, $65 tickets I purchased about a month ago. I did not get credited automatically. I emailed Travel about a week after and was told to wait til statement closed (altho I knew it wouldn't post). Waited a week after closing date and emailed again and they took the charges off manually. Two different agents replied on the message exchanges so it doesn't appear to be a problem requesting this. Another $85 tik awaits me in two weeks - maxing out my $200
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:37 am

I recently got a plat card, and am doing a hawaii trip next week. Was wondering if I were to assign those airlines for the 200 bucks back, can I just go to their site and buy gift cards (https://partners.hawaiianairlines.co...Code=&page=1)? Other threads mention that folks getting back money for them too. Also should one buy gift cards from their site linked above or when flying the airline? Thanks
Old Jan 9, 2013, 5:12 pm

Has anyone successfully been reimbursed for GC purchase? thanks
Old Jan 10, 2013, 5:21 am

i was reimbursed in about a week for baggage fees / in flight food on HA flights from JFK-HNL-JFK.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:56 am

if anyone is wondering about the GC, the website won't let you use AMEX so I think its a no go on that.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by mia
thank you for the pm, i tried to pm you back but it wouldn't let me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.