Search

Amex UK supplementary card holders

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2012, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Amex UK supplementary card holders

Hey,
How quickly do Amex tend to ship out supplementary cards (In this case a gold card)? Do they have to sign anything and send it back or do they just tend to send the card straight out like they do with the credit cards (Have additional card holders on my Nectar Credit Card)?
Old Jul 29, 2012, 7:33 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
No, even if you apply online, they will send out a form for both you and the supplementary cardholder to sign, confirming that the additional cardholder accepts joint and several liability. You can either fax or post the form back. I faxed it back yesterday and will let you know when the card is received.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by louie-m
No, even if you apply online, they will send out a form for both you and the supplementary cardholder to sign, confirming that the additional cardholder accepts joint and several liability. You can either fax or post the form back. I faxed it back yesterday and will let you know when the card is received.
Ah right, so its different to the credit cards then?
Old Jul 29, 2012, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
They will also try to do an ID check on the applicant. If they cannot verify them, they will ask for passport copies. I tried to get a supp card for our German nanny and eventually gave up due to their ID requests.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Raffles
They will also try to do an ID check on the applicant. If they cannot verify them, they will ask for passport copies. I tried to get a supp card for our German nanny and eventually gave up due to their ID requests.
Hehe, Identity checks are pain when they have to be done. Last time I had to do one I had get the iD certified!!!
Old Aug 2, 2012, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Raffles
Out of interest, was that before or after they sent the form to sign for the supp card holder. As I just sent it off?
Old Aug 4, 2012, 5:12 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by louie-m
The supplementary card arrived this morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.